DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

HPI

sarahbell

haroldshand

Bare in mind that from this day onwards if government throws more money at the housing market like it has  now for 20 years and not at the "cost of living crisis" then people will take to the streets in anger IMO.

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, haroldshand said:

Bare in mind that from this day onwards if government throws more money at the housing market like it has  now for 20 years and not at the "cost of living crisis" then people will take to the streets in anger IMO.

Yes. Except they will listen to the demand to increase LHA, which will cause rents to rise and therefore house prices.

Whatever help they give will end up going in rent.

The only way this ends is following a couple of years of serious pain for a lot of people.

On 24/03/2022 at 18:56, Wight Flight said:

The only way this ends is following a couple of years of serious pain for a lot of people.

Will some of that pain be taxpayers bailing out more banks?

haroldshand
20 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

It's all eyes on the BOE now and watching what actions they take  once inflation starts moving higher, their action or lack of it will tell you a lot about future house price inflation.

There is a good government right now to say they are not doing nearly enough therefore they wrapping the housing market in cotton wool best they can

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

I am hoping they let benefits trail inflation to the point they become existence level. I am not holding my breath though.

25 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I am hoping they let benefits trail inflation to the point they become existence level. I am not holding my breath though.

A lot of benefits are barely visible though, e.g. rent, no council tax, low cost entry to facilities etc. I know one single, childless person who lives in a city centre flat. Although he's always skint, I'm sure he'd need to earn about £20k to £25k to get the same from working.

Wight Flight
5 minutes ago, Boon said:

Could this be the way it's going?

Withdraw everything from the bank and buy a house and cryptos, job done:

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/4502310-can-i-claim-benefits

Mental, isn't it.

We had this with state school fees. £20k savings towards a house deposit - pay in full. £500k house with no mortgage - 100% discount.

Archived