• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Christmas Countdown

72 days until Santa gets to empty his sack down chimneys all over the world!

I'll be going out for a Christmas curry with my brother and his family :) tbh, I can't really be bothered with Christmas. It's good seeing family and friends but two weeks off at the wettest time of year isn't brilliant....

You doing much?

I don't think Santa's sack will be bulging for goodies for me this year. I have little family left now. I'll probably spend Christmas day watching the barometer, and counting peas.

We are hosting my mother and father in law, I shall lurk in the kitchen cooking and drinking gin. One teenager daughter who has so far muttered something about a new phone but nothing else (yet), we don't bother buying presents for the adults, waste of money.

22 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Dipsy, why not surprise your daughter with bassoon lessons, or a welding course. Everyone has a phone.:Old:

You have given me food for thought there Mr Pin!

The C word! :o

Christmasses haven't quite been the same since my mother passed away. My dad and I will probably be going round to one of my sister's...and then the other sister's on Boxing Day or New Year's Day. I live a few miles away from my immediate family so I'll have to drive and drink sensibly. ¬¬

And then back home in the late afternoon/evening for :Passusabeer::D

Parents, make your Christmas more enjoyable by resisting the urge to buy your kids the toys you loved, as a child, this avoids enduring their looks of disgust, as if you've gifted them the rotting corpse of a badger scraped from the nearest dual carriageway.

I usually visit dad for Christmas/Boxing day with sister. Not possible this year as dad has expired.O.o Mum went a while back. I'm getting short of family.

I was visiting someone today and while I was there a parcel arrived. It was packs of Christmas cards and wrapping paper. Cost more than £60 :o

I’ll give my two grown up offspring and my great niece and nephew some cash but, as usual these days, will not be spending any extra money relating to Christmas.

No cards sent, no Christmas tree etc

I just ignore it all.

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I was visiting someone today and while I was there a parcel arrived. It was packs of Christmas cards and wrapping paper. Cost more than £60 :o

I’ll give my two grown up offspring and my great niece and nephew some cash but, as usual these days, will not be spending any extra money relating to Christmas.

No cards sent, no Christmas tree etc

I just ignore it all.

Bah humbug...!

The Prime of Miss Jean Scrooge...

;)

XYY

6 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Bah humbug...!

The Prime of Miss Jean Scrooge...

XYY

xD

Well I have been living in Scotland for over fifty years now so I’ve picked up the traits!

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

xD

Well I have been living in Scotland for over fifty years now so I’ve picked up the traits!

As long as you don't pick up the bagpipes. Will you watch your barometer, and count peas?o.O

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

As long as you don't pick up the bagpipes. Will you watch your barometer, and count peas?o.O

No chance of me playing any musical instrument but I would love to play the piano. I’m getting my basic keyboard in from the garage soon and will make another attempt!

I’m not sure what I’ll be doing on Christmas Day. Usually I, along with my son and daughter, go to my sister and brother in laws for a feast.

If I’m not doing that I’ll fill my day depending on the weather. Xmas day is just another day to me.

Like you both my parents are deceased now and my family is very small. I’m the oldest member in my family now :o

I do like bagpipes though......as long as they’re being played outside!

Edited by Economic Exile

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I do like bagpipes though......as long as they’re being played outside!

In Scotland, where I can't hear it.

Good luck with the keyboard. It too me two weeks to get a simple tune out.

5 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Guess spygirl won't be doing a Liberace tribute-act any time soon then..?

Shame really.

He's gay enough...

;)

XYY

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Guess spygirl won't be doing a Liberace tribute-act any time soon then..?

Shame really.

He's gay enough...

;)

XYY

Ha ha! I did actually purchase a keyboard, when I lived in Aberdeen. I only went in for guitar strings. How difficult can this be when Chinese kids can do it? I'm not Rachmaninov yet.o.O Ha yes Spy's subtle gayness is marvellous.

2 hours ago, Dipsy said:

You have given me food for thought there Mr Pin!

Bassoons are really expensive wooden tubes. I got a Saxophone instead, which is about the only Belgian invention I approve of.o.O

Welding is a handy talent for a young girl, especially if she unfortunately meets somebody like me.:CryBaby:

49 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Spy might offer some free lessons - although if he's got to come to Scotland check Gordon Brown's out first.

Edited by SNACR

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Perhaps.

Perhaps not.

To be fair it is pretty difficult to stand a candelabra on a Stylophone...!

;)

new-sound-in-box-img_10481.jpg

XYY

Well there are small pianists!