• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Victoria Station evacuated, major tube lines closed

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Reports of the station closed and major tube lines closed. Some are saying there is a fire.

False alarm.  Everything open again.

These panics are coming often now aren't they?

Yes, from you!:D

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Reports of the station closed and major tube lines closed. Some are saying there is a fire.

False alarm.  Everything open again.

These panics are coming often now aren't they?

Did you find the initial report and then get the all-clear in the time it took you to write a 3 line post? They're not just coming often, some of the fuckers are over so quick you blink and you miss them.

Just now, Fully Detached said:

Did you find the initial report and then get the all-clear in the time it took you to write a 3 line post? They're not just coming often, some of the fuckers are over so quick you blink and you miss them.

Nah, I hung around for 10 minutes to do a bit of research, check different sources and they were all saying evacuated, fire service and police on scene, even some photos of them outside the station. So I went ahead, posted it and, as I did so, the all clear siren was sounded. Those pesky Huns won't bomb Victoria station again.

It could just be jittery nerves which just indicates how on edge people are, or how aware some people are, but it could also be a deliberate policy of testing the services, gauging their response times, how peopel are evacuated, etc.

Tie that in with bin liners under motorway bridges, etc, and you could have something that is being carefully planned.

Or maybe a drunk just pulled a fire alarm or wee-ed onto the track.

Trouble is when actually at the scene a false alarm causes almost as much panic, chaos and travel disruption as the real thing.

Thank goodness it is a false alarm....but what caused the response.

Surely they don't happen spontaneously without reason.   

4 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Trouble is when actually at the scene a false alarm causes almost as much panic, chaos and travel disruption as the real thing.

It's a bit like the fire brigade. You have to respond even if nothing is there. Most times it's nothing.o.O

1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

"If you suspect it, report it." Maybe people are becoming more suspicious and the stiff upper lip of "well I'm not raising the alarm because I've see a plastic shopping bag" is giving way to "these things are happening all the time, maybe this time they've targeted here". 

Just now, The Generation Game said:

"If you suspect it, report it." Maybe people are becoming more suspicious and the stiff upper lip of "well I'm not raising the alarm because I've see a plastic shopping bag" is giving way to "these things are happening all the time, maybe this time they've targeted here". 

All part 'n' parcel of living in a city infested with 3rd world cult members.

Crazy shutting the station. We need to carry on as normal, do not let the terrorists win. Next time a suspicious package is found we need to keep the station open and carry on as normal. Disruption like this only means that they are winning. wibble.

1 minute ago, Fossildog said:

Crazy shutting the station. We need to carry on as normal, do not let the terrorists win. Next time a suspicious package is found we need to keep the station open and carry on as normal. Disruption like this only means that they are winning. wibble.

Maybe if we all reported things we suspected we would bring the nation to a halt. 

10 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I suspect May is a robot.  Does that count?

Not sure. Try ringing 999, reporting it and see what happens.

I suspect that it might be an issue for your if you are the only one. But if a few hundred people call in the same thing across the country then it could give them pause for thought.

4 hours ago, Fossildog said:

I agree, but smeone makes the decision to close the station / motorway (or not).

Theres no downside risk to that person to closing it; he can get it wrong over and over again with no consequenses to himself, but the one time he  doesnt close it and there is an 'incident' he has had it.