• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

Radioactive Wales!

Article is a heady mixture of axe grinders and arsehole with an agenda.

Radio active stuff is everywhere, like anything if you look you will find.

If you disturb mud and river sediment you will indeed release anything trapped in it.

Anyone living today will have plutonium and a whole host of other stuff within their body tissues.

Neil McEvoy, who has had a briefing says '“No dose of non-naturally occurring radiation is safe."

Well don't go to a hospital or dentist then you fuckwit.

According to Neil it's a good job the natural stuff is safe, no need for radon monitoring cornish houses then.

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't need any of this radioactive waste, since I have my own collection.

http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/vaseline_glass/vaselineglass_home.htm

It really lights up very green under a UV lamp.

At least it's going to keep on being a party trick.  I've got some gaseous tritium which has lost its glow.

7 minutes ago, dgul said:

At least it's going to keep on being a party trick.  I've got some gaseous tritium which has lost its glow.

Uranium has a much bigger half life! Tritium pops after five years or so. It's actually the atomic transitions in the uranium atoms, that give the glow under UV. When it turns to lead in 50000 years, it won't work.

Actually it might last longer....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=uranium+half+life&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=Cm_iWafYDo7SXs2fptgE

Edited by MrPin

15 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't need any of this radioactive waste, since I have my own collection.

http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/vaseline_glass/vaselineglass_home.htm

It really lights up very green under a UV lamp.

Shit, I collect the same stuff, here is a photo of my uranium enriched glass balls from the windows sill 3 feet from my seated position with your avatar for authenticity.

Note how they flouresce gloriously when bathed in light from my U.V. prospecting torch.

My most prized item is a pearline glass vase with a vaseline glass snake with red eyes curling around it.

20171014_210456s.thumb.jpg.2e49e9e186bc74da222b9631cd19bdb4.jpg

The Welsh Assembly have allowed firms to dredge up the fine sand in the Channel - which is very high quality and allows better cement - but that sand in the Channel has been what has been supplying the Welsh beaches for tens of thousands of years. So they basically agreed, for short-term profit, too destroy the heritage of the Welsh coastline.

So if there is any way to make all the AM's and civil servants responsible for this radioactive in some way - preferably glowing - then I am all for it.

9 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Shit, I collect the same stuff, here is a photo of my uranium enriched glass balls from the windows sill 3 feet from my seated position with your avatar for authenticity.

Note how they flouresce gloriously when bathed in light from my U.V. prospecting torch.

My most prized item is a pearline glass vase with a vaseline glass snake with red eyes curling around it.

20171014_210456s.thumb.jpg.2e49e9e186bc74da222b9631cd19bdb4.jpg

That photo is so disturbing. It kind of brings to life that Pin actually exists and is not just a figment of my imagination. Unless my mind is seriously head-fucking me and is inventing all of this.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Welsh Assembly have allowed firms to dredge up the fine sand in the Channel - which is very high quality and allows better cement - but that sand in the Channel has been what has been supplying the Welsh beaches for tens of thousands of years. So they basically agreed, for short-term profit, too destroy the heritage of the Welsh coastline.

So if there is any way to make all the AM's and civil servants responsible for this radioactive in some way - preferably glowing - then I am all for it.

Ha!   But that's where you see the genius of their actions!  They've only been dredging the English sand!

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I remember the fantastic beach a Saundersfoot from holidays with the kids in the late 1990s disappeared by 2000 to be replaced with a load of rock 'n' mud.

Successful politicians are generally corrupt, amoral, self-serving bastards.

Its why they are successful, they have backing and toe the line.

I saw this happen to a beach near Creswell in the 90s, on each visit you could see the sand was lower until mounds of mud started to appear.

So who has a Raduim paint watch dial to post? :P

6 minutes ago, Kilham said:

I saw this happen to a beach near Creswell in the 90s, on each visit you could see the sand was lower until mounds of mud started to appear.

So who has a Raduim paint watch dial to post? :P

Here you go, Westclox alarm clock, this one lives in the garage as it is a bit nasty due to thorium decay products.

20171014_214038s.thumb.jpg.3b446054f1d66b2371f2d1e51e31f274.jpg

Now I know who to ask round if I ever find a good (cheap) scintllation crystal and finish off that multichannel analyser project that's been on the shelf for the last few years.

37 minutes ago, Kilham said:

Now I know who to ask round if I ever find a good (cheap) scintllation crystal and finish off that multichannel analyser project that's been on the shelf for the last few years.

I've always wanted an edwardian spinthariscope as I'm fascinated by the old stuff.

2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Uranium has a much bigger half life! Tritium pops after five years or so. It's actually the atomic transitions in the uranium atoms, that give the glow under UV. When it turns to lead in 50000 years, it won't work.

Actually it might last longer....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=uranium+half+life&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=Cm_iWafYDo7SXs2fptgE

The luminous paint on a compass my father liberated from a german aircraft while over there glows brightly all the time. No UV needed! Radium?

Edited by man o' the year
omission?

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Here you go, Westclox alarm clock, this one lives in the garage as it is a bit nasty due to thorium decay products.

20171014_214038s.thumb.jpg.3b446054f1d66b2371f2d1e51e31f274.jpg

I still dream of Orgonon
I wake up crying
You're making rain
And you're just in reach
When you and sleep escape me
You're like my yo-yo
That glowed in the dark
What made it special
Made it dangerous
So I bury it
And forget

4 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Article is a heady mixture of axe grinders and arsehole with an agenda.

Radio active stuff is everywhere, like anything if you look you will find.

If you disturb mud and river sediment you will indeed release anything trapped in it.

Anyone living today will have plutonium and a whole host of other stuff within their body tissues.

Neil McEvoy, who has had a briefing says '“No dose of non-naturally occurring radiation is safe."

Well don't go to a hospital or dentist then you fuckwit.

According to Neil it's a good job the natural stuff is safe, no need for radon monitoring cornish houses then.

I glow in the dark thanks to all that Chernobyl rain.

2 hours ago, man o' the year said:

The luminous paint on a compass my father liberated from a german aircraft while over there glows brightly all the time. No UV needed! Radium?

IIRC the women whose job it was to paint the dials suffered from mouth cancer because they licked the paint brushes to form a tip when applying that shit.

Edited by OurDayWillCome

A long time ago, in the early 90's, the Welsh side of the Bristol channel was failing water quality standards due to all the sewage from Welsh sea outfalls along the coast. A company based in Wales was commissioned to model the Channel and suggest a fix. The fix was to lengthen all the pipes by a small amount so that the tidal flow would then take all the sewage to the English coastline. All the Welsh seem to do is export shit.

Edited by Hopeful