DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Why do Certain models of cars attract bellends

Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken

In the last few days drove from the south coast to Scotland and back. Normal mix of annoying motorway driving like tailgating or hogging lanes but generally driving is ok. However had about 5 times where a driver was driving really dangerously. Tailgating every driver in the outside lane, weaving in and out of busy traffic, cutting people up, and generally driving aggressively and poorly. What did they have in common ? Every time it was a Ford Ranger pickup. Each one was double cab and on large lifted suspension. One instead of Ranger had Deranged on the back. None of them looked like work vehicles all spotless. Started looking out for pickups generally and all the others were being driven normally. What is it about these Ford Ranger pickups that attract such cunts, are there any other car models where you noticed always driven badly?

Bobthebuilder

In London, Nissan micras with dents in the panels. People with no spatial awareness.

Keep clear, give them room, they normally use the right hand lane at a roundabout to turn left, with no indication.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

sleepwello'nights
19 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

In London, Nissan micras with dents in the panels. People with no spatial awareness.

Keep clear, give them room, they normally use the right hand lane at a roundabout to turn left, with no indication.

Even worse are the black thingies with For Hire signs 

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

Royston

Youths these days don't really seem that interested in cars in general.

The bellends these days are the 30, 40 somethings in their PCP'd AMG's, M Cars and Audi RS's all brapping, popping and farting their way down the road.

• Agree 2

Ford Ranger is often the pikey car of choice,  particularly if they're white coloured or sign written. 

Pikeys love white Mercedes too. 

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

On 06/04/2022 at 23:51, spunko said:

Ford Ranger is often the pikey car of choice,  particularly if they're white coloured or sign written. 

Pikeys love white Mercedes too. 

Thankyou for your insight into the "travelling culture".

• Agree 1

King Penda
2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Thankyou for your insight into the "travelling culture".

White transit towing a caravan beware

Sugarlips
On 04/04/2022 at 00:59, Bobthebuilder said:

Used to be partygoers 6/7 up in SR Nova’s retuning the pirate radio whilst half hanging out the window, seems the insurance co’s put paid to them if they’re reduced to Micras now!

Someone has dented my bellend car I noticed yesterday while giving it a clean. Perhaps an accident as it looks like they've opened their door and chipped / dented mine.

:CryBaby:

Another reason I want a van, I wouldn't get annoyed about the cost of fixing such things as I wouldn't bother getting it fixed.

• Agree 2

Frank Hovis
41 minutes ago, spunko said:

Someone has dented my bellend car I noticed yesterday while giving it a clean. Perhaps an accident as it looks like they've opened their door and chipped / dented mine.

Another reason I want a van, I wouldn't get annoyed about the cost of fixing such things as I wouldn't bother getting it fixed.

I keep my cars for so long that I don't bother fixing anything cosmetic as it will only make a few quids' difference when I come to sell it. I put a big scar on one alloy early on which doesn't bother me and will make sod all difference to the value now which is maybe £800 with the car being primarily valued in months of unexpired MoT certificate.

• Agree 3

belfastchild
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Ive bought 2 new cars in my life. Each time both got dented on the first day, both in car parks.
Have a big long dent in the van, bought all the stuff to fix it, saw the face on an audi driver one day joining the motorway and he tried to cut across me from the inside, saw the long dent and probably thought it wasnt worth losing his pcp valuation. I havent bothered to fix it since.

Spiney Norman

Fucking Audi drivers!

I hate the bastards, I had one follow me down the Hagley road into Brum. She was so close that when i looked in rearview mirror I thought she was sitting on my back seat.

Never give an Audi driver any quarter.

• Agree 6

First thing I do when I get a car is key it both sides and across the bonnet, bash some supermarket style dents in the doors, throw some rocks at the windscreen, scuff all the wheels, bend the aerial, scrape the front bumper/splitter on a high curb, then reverse into a tree so the bumper's cracked. Saves a lot of stress later. xD

• Agree 1
  • Lol 4

Wight Flight
48 minutes ago, BoSon said:

First thing I do when I get a car is key it both sides and across the bonnet, bash some supermarket style dents in the doors, throw some rocks at the windscreen, scuff all the wheels, bend the aerial, scrape the front bumper/splitter on a high curb, then reverse into a tree so the bumper's cracked. Saves a lot of stress later. xD

You joke but when I got my Porsche the door was kicked in within days.

I did a bodge job on it, and that dent was still the only one it had 25 years later. I loved that dent. It was like action man's scar.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I did a bodge job on it, and that dent was still the only one it had 25 years later. I loved that dent. It was like action man's scar.

Some cnut keyed my Porsche in Lidl car park, and several have opened their doors deliberately into it. Quote is 3000 quid so far to have it fixed. I'm buying a JDM estima / previa Toyota type thing as soon as I sell it. 

Option5
40 minutes ago, Herby said:

Some cnut keyed my Porsche in Lidl car park, and several have opened their doors deliberately into it. Quote is 3000 quid so far to have it fixed. I'm buying a JDM estima / previa Toyota type thing as soon as I sell it. 

When I had my first 911 we lived in a cul de sac off a dual carriageway just before a set of traffic lights. When I took the Porsche to work I'd wait 10 minutes to get out, when the lights were on green they'd never let me out, when they were on red they'd just join the queue and eventually block my exit.

When my then missus took the Porsche they'd stand their cars on the nose to let her out.

So, I went to work in an old Volvo 345 and she went in the Porsche.

• Agree 1
  • Lol 3

23 minutes ago, Option5 said:

When I had my first 911 we lived in a cul de sac off a dual carriageway just before a set of traffic lights. When I took the Porsche to work I'd wait 10 minutes to get out, when the lights were on green they'd never let me out, when they were on red they'd just join the queue and eventually block my exit.

When my then missus took the Porsche they'd stand their cars on the nose to let her out.

There's an old saying about never go to an antique dealers in an expensive car... Timothy West in tales of the unexpected springs to mind. 

(Edit.. maybe I'm confusing the beekeeper with parsons pleasure, written by roald Dahl. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0717465/)

Edited by Herby
Link

One percent
2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

You were lucky.  My car, a beaten up rover metro was the only roof over my head (hat tip to the four Yorkshire men sketch) 

• Lol 1

The XYY Man
9 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

8 hours ago, Herby said:

7 hours ago, Option5 said:

Jesus, I go away for three days and the DOSBODS pub bores have taken over the fucking forum...!

XYY

• Cheers 1

Option5
3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Jesus, I go away for three days and the DOSBODS pub bores have taken over the fucking forum...!

XYY

I've never been so insulted in my life. Pub bore indeed!

I'll have you know I'm a bore wherever I am. :Old:

• Agree 1

Hail the Tripod
On 18/04/2022 at 15:32, BoSon said:

I think you may be my wife.

• Lol 1

On 18/04/2022 at 17:50, Option5 said:

These days men have to wear wigs and lipstick to get let out. There's more to transvestitism than meets the eye. xD

That's how Robert Smith in The Cure got into all that, just wanted to get to the shop. xD

Edited by BoSon
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

23rdian

The little Mercs with the stubby backs. Is it the A class? Slightly older BMW 1 & 3 Series and Audi A3s. Seat and VW diesels with the boost turned up or whatever they do to them. The raspy Audi RS stuff. Quick but driven by arseholes who think doing 70 in a 30 is ideal.

Always avoid anyone driving these as they all seem to have something to prove.

Edited by 23rdian
  • Agree 1