DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Miles platting.

sarahbell

Chewing Grass
16 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Pure insanity
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/122249075#/?channel=RES_NEW

£514,950

• Short walk from Ancoats and Northern Quarter

Peak nonsense! 

That is a symptom of the area, the search is/was new build only and 4 or more bedrooms and returns 5 properties all in the same 'development'.

Changing the search to anything within 1/2 mile gives a very modest 56 results with most being 300K 2 bed flats and one other house (weirdly cladded) with a garden.

Urban Manchester is the New London and will be fucked by it.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=POSTCODE^517516&radius=0.5&index=24&propertyTypes=&includeSSTC=false&mustHave=&dontShow=&furnishTypes=&keywords=

Just now, One percent said:

Thought this was a thread about some wonder kid footballer. xD

LOL

Ask anyone from Manchester if they'd live in Miles Platting and when they've stopped laughing then tell them they can buy a house for half a million quid there.

One percent
Just now, sarahbell said:

LOL

Ask anyone from Manchester if they'd live in Miles Platting and when they've stopped laughing then tell them they can buy a house for half a million quid there.

Is it one of those new towns like harlow? 

Don Coglione
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’ll bring my peg. :)

If I had paid that much for a shit-hole in Miles Platting, I would welcome the relief of a pegging.

Underwhelmed
22 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

LOL

I'd rather live in Moss Side than Miles Platting, honestly.

Uncle Buck Rogers
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Life’s too short for that. 

What, anticipating traffic as you come to a roundabout or junction, so as to not need to stop, and chexking your tyre pressures regularly?

One percent
5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck Rogers said:

What, anticipating traffic as you come to a roundabout or junction, so as to not need to stop, and chexking your tyre pressures regularly?

No worrying about hypermiling. Fuck, it’s like the trainspotters have taken over. 

leonardratso

i often wonder if developers who dont know an area just stick houses on it at insane prices thinking they'll sell cos its a nice house init, or we can get these prices in london for the same or lesser house. Then they wonder why they get a kicking when it actually comes to selling it on the market, or its vandalised or more likely just rots from shitty build quality after its been listed for a year or more.

Not from the area but if I was the developer I reckon it'd be worth a punt.

I'd imagine the land was cheap and thus massive profit margins available to cut prices if they don't sell. Looking at stupidly priced developments in London it seems that they would rather let a few trickle out at high prices and just hold on to the rest for years rather than price too cheaply and sell out. After all in the past few years what has happened is the market catches up and eventually they get sold. 

I reckon they are targeting Man City, could imagine even low ranking staff are on big salaries and this ticks a lot of boxes; lots of money, no local area knowledge, a need to look flash = new build sales.

For the footballers, get one for the mistress. Or for the club, buy one as a bribe for parents of young targets.

Archived