• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Cambodia

A few years back I had a nail lady who escaped Cambodia via Vietnam during the era of Pol Pot.

Her dad was killed in Cambodia during the regime. 

How did Cambodia transition from hell on earth back then to eden/a decent place now?

3 minutes ago, JackieO said:

A few years back I had a nail lady who escaped Cambodia via Vietnam during the era of Pol Pot.

How did Cambodia transition from hell on earth back then to eden/a decent place now?

Vietnam.

3 hours ago, JackieO said:

If they don't keep the Americans happy it could return to where it was. I guess bkkandrew while not expecting to have to use it, has an escape plan in place in the style of The Major -  complicated with all those kids though!

77 arrested and sent for "Re-education by the Khmer. 

5 sorry assed brits on 6 month pre trial detention. 

Que mums in britain bleating to the media, 

this isnt Egypt. 

Carried on next to the Angkor Wat temple by all accounts

Khmer have had enough of ex pat organised bar crawls apparently. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

24 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

77 arrested and sent for "Re-education by the Khmer. 

5 sorry assed brits on 6 month pre trial detention. 

Que mums in britain bleating to the media, 

this isnt Egypt. 

Carried on next to the Angkor Wat temple by all accounts

Khmer have had enough of ex pat organised bar crawls apparently. 

Fair enough.

Why go to Cambodia to behave like a bunch of pissed arses? Magaluf is closer, cheaper and hugely tolerant of pissed arses.

There is also the added bonus of all the pissed arses being in the same, readily avoidable location so that everyone who is able to actually visit a country without acting like a pissed arse doesn't have to put up with them.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

Update on this incident. The arrestees were all the organisers of a pub crawl that had been warned numerous times to stop, as the behaviour of the crawlers was getting out of hand.

Jones, the main boss, who also lived at the villa, where the pool party at the end of the crawl was held, was specifically warned not to hold another event or he would be raided.

So, yes, its Generation Entitled, behaving as if the law does not apply to them, in the dock here.

The released group were just the crawlers, leaving the organisers with the charges. Most of those charged had lived in Cambodia for over a year, so should have learned better on how to behave.

13 minutes ago, ccc said:

Well that puts a different slant on it if true. 

Seems to be the case, been away at the resort for the week, so was out of touch with things. Got back last night and this is the local informed version. Knowing a couple of the people quoted in the local press, I am pretty certain of the case now also.

1 hour ago, Bkkandrew said:

Update on this incident. The arrestees were all the organisers of a pub crawl that had been warned numerous times to stop, as the behaviour of the crawlers was getting out of hand.

Jones, the main boss, who also lived at the villa, where the pool party at the end of the crawl was held, was specifically warned not to hold another event or he would be raided.

So, yes, its Generation Entitled, behaving as if the law does not apply to them, in the dock here.

The released group were just the crawlers, leaving the organisers with the charges. Most of those charged had lived in Cambodia for over a year, so should have learned better on how to behave.

Well if they wanted to test the Khmer.......

Update to the case:

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/organiser-siem-reap-pool-party-face-trial-after-other-foreigners-released

So, as I said up thread, Daniel Jones, the organiser, is the only one remaining in custody to face trial.

Appears damming, he rented the villa in his own name, he was warned on multiple occasions by police that he was breaking the law by organising the 'Let's get wet' parties, he publicised his parties with the photos that were the subject of the legal case and he is now the one in the shit.

Despite outward appearances, the Khmer police and courts are not that dim that they cannot separate tourists from chav scum like Jones.

Andrew where are you roughly located in Cambodia?

I've wanted to go to Angkor Wat for many years till I heard that Siem Reap was created just for it? 

Is this correct. Also heard about the crowds and that,so not too arsed now.

Siem Reap essentially grew up as the city to support the tourists going to Angkor Wat. It is a pretty ordinary affair by Asian standards, so only really should be seen  as a city to sleep and eat in whilst visiting the temples.

Since the Government put up the temples' admission prices, the crowds are less, which is good and by carefully selecting which days to go (weekdays, low season) you can have a great time. They are an amazing place, a real Bucket List thing.

I am mainly based in the capital, Phnom Penh for my main businesses, however have a resort in the far South West on the Gulf of Thailand, next to the Thai border, where I spend some of my time.