• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Now that I'm cutting my cable connection, My Tivo box is going back to Branson. I've just got the packing and instructions. It was crap and un-intuitative. It used to record entire series of shit I didn't want to see. The channel menu always reset to the lowest number. I am well rid of the evil turd.o.O DId anyone like these things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Just had a look at the listing.  It says that he is also in a disused pub in scabbie. Wonder which one that is?

Id piss my pants if its this one.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-gardens/historic-home-for-sale-after-restoration-by-antiques-expert-1-7489779

Been for sale for years.

'Ken and Angie grew so attached to the building on Quay Street that they ditched the idea of letting it and moved from their vicarage in Ruswarp to take up residence.'

translation - Had to sell the nice place to keep the banks of their backs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to recall in one season of Californication, and a couple of other US TV shows, they used to mention Tivo a lot. Didn't really realise. at the time, but surprising how insidious some of this product placement is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Id piss my pants if its this one.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/lifestyle/homes-gardens/historic-home-for-sale-after-restoration-by-antiques-expert-1-7489779

Been for sale for years.

'Ken and Angie grew so attached to the building on Quay Street that they ditched the idea of letting it and moved from their vicarage in Ruswarp to take up residence.'

translation - Had to sell the nice place to keep the banks of their backs.

 

And the new place is so wonderful (for parties, are they swingers? O.o) that they have to sell it.  Wonder if it sold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrPin said:

Now that I'm cutting my cable connection, My Tivo box is going back to Branson. I've just got the packing and instructions. It was crap and un-intuitative. It used to record entire series of shit I didn't want to see. The channel menu always reset to the lowest number. I am well rid of the evil turd.o.O DId anyone like these things?

It is progress.  In the olden days (1970s) you had to actually watch programmes you didn't want to see, then along comes the innovation of video-tape-recorders -- but these had to be manually set up to record (as a proxy of watching) the shit you didn't want to see.  Tivo  came along and did it automatically, and now, with on-demand TV, it is as if the whole internet is used to store the crap programmes you don't want to see.  It is a use of modern technology that I approve of completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dgul said:

In the olden days (1970s) you had to actually watch programmes you didn't want to see, then along comes the innovation of video-tape-recorders -- but these had to be manually set up to record (as a proxy of watching) the shit you didn't want to see. 

Can't remember the comedian, may have been Max Boyce but when it was announced Sony was going to open their factory in Wales he had a gag about ...

Having a new Sony video recorder made in Bridgend to save time it records stuff when I'm in and plays it back when I'm out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MrPin said:

 DId anyone like these things?

I quite like the old version, it was quite clever at recording new episodes on series link whilst ignoring repeats, and a few other good features.

It worked best recording from its internal analogue tuner, but it just about managed to record from a Freeview box and SKY by turning the channel over with an infra red sender - except the cat was fascinated by moving the senders from in front of the boxes whilst I was out.

Funny what you remember, Rufus is gone now, I loved him so much it actually made me cry thinking about him.

Anyway on a lighter note, Tivo managed to rip me off by ending the Tivo Lifetime Service, whereby they updated the TV Guide info over the phone line on an 0800 number. When I complained that my box was fine, that it was sold to me as having a Lifetime service, they told me yes that's right - it refers to the life of the service not your box. The service is now ended and so is your Lifetime service TV Guide agreement. Fair play to them for that.*

 

 

*Twats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.