Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Skin dryness


Stuey

Recommended Posts

Whenever I'm in calorie deficit (during the week usually), skin dryness seems to creep up on the extremities - forearms, outside of calves, scalp. 

Post-shower routine is getting quite annoying and lengthy. Moisturising cheeks I've done since a kid but calves is a new one and scalp only needed in the last year.

Not really asking for advice as such...just wondering what others' experiences are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stop_the_craziness

I have an endless, circular conversation with my mum where she tells me the only reason I have to use lipsalve is because I use lipsalve and I tell her that the only reason she needs to use so much body moisturiser is that she uses so much body moisturiser.  Neither of us believe the other one or have ever changed our behaviour.

  • Lol 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I have an endless, circular conversation with my mum where she tells me the only reason I have to use lipsalve is because I use lipsalve and I tell her that the only reason she needs to use so much body moisturiser is that she uses so much body moisturiser.  Neither of us believe the other one or have ever changed our behaviour.

She (and you) may be right.

I used to use lipsalve all the time. Then someone pointed this out, and I stopped. Haven't used it in years. Lips were really dry and sore from the rebound when I stopped, but now are fine unless it's really cold or windy.

Also:

https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/no-poo

(poo = "shampoo", not 💩)

but that's not a problem for baldies like me and @Stuey 👨‍🦲

Tried this when I did have hair. Similar rebound, itchy, greasy, then it settled down.

18 hours ago, Stuey said:

Whenever I'm in calorie deficit (during the week usually), skin dryness seems to creep up on the extremities - forearms, outside of calves, scalp. 

Post-shower routine is getting quite annoying and lengthy. Moisturising cheeks I've done since a kid but calves is a new one and scalp only needed in the last year.

Not really asking for advice as such...just wondering what others' experiences are.

Can't offer useful advice, but the "calorie deficit" bit is interesting.

Have had dry, flaky skin on my face for a couple of months. E45 cream helps a bit, but doesn't cure it, so I don't always bother. It's been cold here (because I haven't been heating the hovel), and I guess I'm burning calories to stay warm. Not losing weight, mind.

Used to get bad eczema in the winter. On my calves and forearms, now I think about it. Discovered that long, hot showers and using soap made it worse, so don't.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

swiss_democracy_for_all
20 hours ago, Stuey said:

Whenever I'm in calorie deficit (during the week usually), skin dryness seems to creep up on the extremities - forearms, outside of calves, scalp. 

Post-shower routine is getting quite annoying and lengthy. Moisturising cheeks I've done since a kid but calves is a new one and scalp only needed in the last year.

Not really asking for advice as such...just wondering what others' experiences are.

Make a full shower a rare thing, get a bidet and just wash your arse and genitals most of the time, and rinse out your armpits. If your sweat smells so unpleasant that you need to shower and/or soap your whole body after all exercise, you’ve probably got something wrong in your diet. 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

nirvana
21 hours ago, Stuey said:

Whenever I'm in calorie deficit

you're starting to sound like one of those 'woke ponces'......so go on, how does your body tell you it's in 'calorie deficit'?

I think there's something in what swissy says above, he's not daft that bloke lol

PS I used to have 'skin issues' with my feet, like dry heals and a bit of fungi type stuff on toes, fixed with a 15 min vinegar bath once a week, so yes in this case 'it's a fukkin miracle', sometimes the 'simple solutions' do work....

Edited by nirvana
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've not used soap for showering for years. Look at the ingredients of that and shower gel ? That can't be good to rub into your skin every day.

Cut out wheat and dairy. 

Try those two things for 6-8 weeks and see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
On 18/04/2022 at 19:33, ccc said:

I've not used soap for showering for years. Look at the ingredients of that and shower gel ? That can't be good to rub into your skin every day.

Cut out wheat and dairy. 

Try those two things for 6-8 weeks and see what happens.

Shower less often. Be dirty. It's good for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Shower less often. Be dirty. It's good for you.

Oh don't you worry I try. 

Came back from holiday and didn't realise on Friday I hadn't washed for three days. 

I was rather "fruity" :ph34r:

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ccc said:

Oh don't you worry I try. 

Came back from holiday and didn't realise on Friday I hadn't washed for three days. 

I was rather "fruity" :ph34r:

Information we don't need.

  • Vomit 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a crooked smile
On 15/04/2022 at 15:04, Stuey said:

Whenever I'm in calorie deficit (during the week usually), skin dryness seems to creep up on the extremities - forearms, outside of calves, scalp. 

Post-shower routine is getting quite annoying and lengthy. Moisturising cheeks I've done since a kid but calves is a new one and scalp only needed in the last year.

Not really asking for advice as such...just wondering what others' experiences are.

I periodically get dry flakey skin on my face. Exfoliating then shaving and applying moisturiser helps resolve it. Convinced it'd stress related as diet is pretty good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...