DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

anyone using a Nordic Track

nirvana

nirvana

to add it looks like they want you to subscribe to the ifit app malarky......does that do zwift type stuff?

that that does look like good fun

stop_the_craziness

I preferred the ones where you move your arms as well as your legs.  I used to use one at the gym.  The best thing about them is that they have a low "perceived effort" so they're great for getting used to sustaining high heart rate intervals because your body doesn't fatigue so quickly which means you get to train your lungs for longer than using other methods like treadmill or turbo trainer bike.  I also found the ones with the arm movers gave a nice, meditative action at lower heart rates so it was easy to pop on some music or a podcast and just drift away in your mind whilst your body does its thing. 

• Agree 1

nirvana
3 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I preferred the ones where you move your arms as well as your legs.

yeah I think you're right thinking about it, that's something else I was gonna buy years ago and didn't.....now if only I'd have made a list! :Old:

have you tried zwift? I think that's more up my street with a bike thingy and I'll set up my own puter/monitor somewhere

3 hours ago, nirvana said:

yeah I think you're right thinking about it, that's something else I was gonna buy years ago and didn't.....now if only I'd have made a list! :Old:

have you tried zwift? I think that's more up my street with a bike thingy and I'll set up my own puter/monitor somewhere

I briefly looked into zwift cycling as a form of cross training but IIRC they want £12/month to access their app where you can do all sorts of virtual races or just go virtual riding around their world while spinning the wheel at home. May as well go to the gym for that. xD

Also some of the zwift compatible kit is pricy, their own bike is 3 grand, though cheaper stuff starts at a couple of hundred quid for the smart stuff to work with the app so it adjusts the difficulty depending on the gradient, or just get a zwift speed sensor onto a budget non-smart set up, but the cheaper you go the further away from the full experience you are. Top end their bike and similar move up and down to simulate being on hills.

So I gave up looking and just have a cheap foldable exercise bike from argos and watch youtube vids to pass the time.

If I had money to burn the top end stuff looks good if going to use it, but like the gym can be expensive if only doing it now and then.

Some take it a bit too far, taking their dog on zwift too instead of out for a walk: xD

• Informative 1

nirvana
Posted (edited)

i've just remembered the chinkies do a zwift clone.......tracked it down, thinkrider, anyone tried one?

here's an example and it's only 302 yuros hmmmm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001245317811.html

AND ooh ooh I'm getting excited by the 'sales pitch' lol

European Union consumers, please note that you can purchase from China without shipping costs, and you can receive it in about one week, and you don't need to pay VAT.

Edited by nirvana