• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

House prices dropping everywhere but London says the So-Called BBC

In other words the data is total bullshit.

In some areas, a decline in the average house price could potentially be attributed to single properties being split up into multiple ones, as the analysis is unable to take into account the size of the property sold. In Hyde Park and Woodhouse ward in Leeds, the average price so far this year was 57% down from 2007, largely due to the sale of almost 50 student flats.

Was just on the So-Called BBC breakfast news too. Presented with very sombre faces and tone. The article lasted all of 20 seconds or so (nothing positive was mentioned).

Seems a bit weird that the "unit" of measurement used/mentioned this time around, was "wards". What's that all about?

8 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

The biggest joke of all was presenting this from Bradford, where you might be able to buy a cheaper house but you basically live in a colder than normal suburb of Islamabad.

Maybe that was their slant in regards wards. 

13 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

According to Zoopla, average house price in my postcode dropped £22k in the last 6 months.

How do I find out this kind of info from Zoopla for a particular postcode, please?

2 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

How do I find out this kind of info from Zoopla for a particular postcode, please?

Just go to the House Prices & Values tab for the values and trends.

They are looking at the the wrong number.

Its the number of transaction  rather than any price increase you need to be looking at.

At the mo. anyone 65+ in the North has more chance of dying in their house than selling it at anywhere near where they think its currently worth.

A quick look at any post 150 outside of London will show sod all shifting. And thats been the case since ~2004.

Most of the UK needs wages to double or house prices to halve.

London will need both to happen.

Otherwise, its stalemate until the UKGOV hits a major finance issue, causing IRs to rise quite a bit and public spending to be slashed.

37 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

According to Zoopla, average house price in my postcode dropped £22k in the last 6 months.

Any more of this and the local pub might have to start charging less than £16 for sausage and mash. :)

Zooplas useless.

Its stats are massaged.

41 minutes ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Zoopla's statistics are nonsense, you'd be about as accurate if you plucked the figures out of your dog's backside. o.O

1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

Any more of this and the local pub might have to start charging less than £16 for sausage and mash:)

Sizzled pan-fried sausages served with a blend of pommes de terre & sprinkled with freshly-ground peppercorn.

Worth every penny of that £16.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

They are looking at the the wrong number.

Its the number of transaction  rather than any price increase you need to be looking at.

At the mo. anyone 65+ in the North has more chance of dying in their house than selling it at anywhere near where they think its currently worth.

A quick look at any post 150 outside of London will show sod all shifting. And thats been the case since ~2004.

Most of the UK needs wages to double or house prices to halve.

London will need both to happen.

Otherwise, its stalemate until the UKGOV hits a major finance issue, causing IRs to rise quite a bit and public spending to be slashed.

Zooplas useless.

Its stats are massaged.

True - but it is about sentiment.

They email the stats once a month if you sign up to monitor an area (which I guess many do)

There will have been a lot of miserable old gits round my way yesterday.

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Merlin share price down 19% currently - they own Madam Tussard's and other London tourist attractions. Think London Dungeon is one.

They are blaming the weather and terrorism. I suspect it is just terrorism. Good to see a London business suffer because of appeasing jihadis by the authorities to be frank.

Seriously, they didn't blame it on Brexit?

28 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

True - but it is about sentiment.

They email the stats once a month if you sign up to monitor an area (which I guess many do)

There will have been a lot of miserable old gits round my way yesterday.

Well.. my point is that the very low volumes are causing people to misinterpret the stats.

In my home area there appears to be less than a 5% change of selling your house within 12 months.

Its less  thats the stats are wrong, but they are missing important data:

1) Time taken from listing to completion.

2) How many listings have failed to sell within 12 months.

Prices still at kite flying levels around where I live in south mancs, however, keeping tabs on property bee and I'm seeing houses being churned e.g. 'SSTC' appearing on boards outside houses - but not on property bee, and there are houses that have been stuck at the same price since Spring/Summer .... that's going to be 12 months on the books now.

Ha, fuck off and brng on the crash