DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Check my body health

ccc

Anyone tried this ? 

Send a sample of hair and they somehow respond with what foods, environmental aspects etc may cause you intolerance. How your gut health is. Vitamins etc...

Was a bit dubious but I gave no info and gave it a go. 

And a few of the things I know for a fact do cause me issues came up exactly that. 

Fairly impressed for a cynic.  :ph34r:

• Informative 3

1 minute ago, snaga said:

what if you don't have much hair?

Just chop lots of little bits off. I had to. 

And they don't accept pubic. Not kidding it actually says that on instructions. How would they know though...

JoeDavola

I'd call bullshit on hair-testing, but out of interest what issues did they find?

If you invest in anything I'd get a good blood panel done once a year somewhere like Medichecks - doesn't cost much, specially for a rich cunt like you!

Edited by JoeDavola

4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

I'd call bullshit on hair-testing, but out of interest what issues did they find?

If you invest in anything I'd get a good blood panel done once a year somewhere like Medichecks - doesn't cost much, specially for a rich cunt like you!

It's fairly straightforward and states clearly it's not allergies. Just potential intolerances.

All mine for gluten based grains are red - aside from.....barley. :Beer:

I've no issue with beer - but wheat, bread and the rest ain't good for me.

It's red for literally all dairy. Which I already know. 

A few weird things stand out - but I'm going to cut them down and see what happens. 

All in all if I was to guess what I would expect on the basics - it's about 90% accurate. 

I'm a cynic but pretty impressed. 

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2022 at 23:14, JFK said:

Load of bollocks @ccc

I would generally totally agree. But it's really been pretty accurate so far. 

I'm open minded to anything. 

• Cheers 1

spunko

I would say this is is one of those self-determining things. People interested in their health and/or with food intolerances are going to be more interested in things like this.

I am only getting defensive becuase I have no hair to send :CryBaby:

Democorruptcy

People wouldn't bother doing it if they didn't think they had some intolerances. They might have say 3 profiles of intolerances, so the odds are 2-1 they send you one you think fits.

7 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

People wouldn't bother doing it if they didn't think they had some intolerances. They might have say 3 profiles of intolerances, so the odds are 2-1 they send you one you think fits.

It's incredibly detailed. Ridiculously so. I've seen three. 

swiss_democracy_for_all

What - this site? They must have a very sophisticated robot to be able to test 970 items with a bit of hair. I know we're cynical on Dosbods, but I think in this case we're probably correct to be so. 

Remember that being a red-head Jock with an interest in food intolerances probably classifies you a bit already. 

https://checkmybodyhealth.com/

image.png.b2739a6b690f36f384576f65b0ff39fd.png

1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

What - this site? They must have a very sophisticated robot to be able to test 970 items with a bit of hair. I know we're cynical on Dosbods, but I think in this case we're probably correct to be so. 

Remember that being a red-head Jock with an interest in food intolerances probably classifies you a bit already. 

https://checkmybodyhealth.com/

image.png.b2739a6b690f36f384576f65b0ff39fd.png

Yep that's the one. 

Lots of people with little or no interest in this still get it done if someone they know is. My burd being a case in point. 

No clue how they claim to do it mind. 

As for myself. You can put my full name into Google and would have to be a pretty decent detective to work out who I am. No footprint at all (in terms of my name)

swiss_democracy_for_all
17 minutes ago, ccc said:

Yep that's the one. 

Lots of people with little or no interest in this still get it done if someone they know is. My burd being a case in point. 

No clue how they claim to do it mind. 

As for myself. You can put my full name into Google and would have to be a pretty decent detective to work out who I am. No footprint at all (in terms of my name)

They don't need your name! They'll already know the most likely intolerances for you to have if you're a red-head jock male of approx age X living in area Y. 

Still, if they have a bioresonance machine to put your hair sample into, it must be fine. Wait a minute, what's a bioresonance machine exactly? 

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/bioresonance-therapy.html#:~:text=qualified health professional%3F-,What is Bioresonance Therapy%3F,the health of the body.

:P

image.png.42e4369ec5093af8999621add78ffce6.png

Democorruptcy
6 hours ago, ccc said:

It's incredibly detailed. Ridiculously so. I've seen three. 

It's sounds similar to the York Test that a friend of mine took.

That was endorsed by "Dr" Hilary at the time!

Dr Hilary, 64, has previously been criticised by Dr Iona Heath, former president of the Royal College of General Practitioners for not being clear about his connections to firms.

She claimed he promoted several products on ITV without making his business links clear to viewers.

Her concerns included items on medicinal teas, a service that claims to identify food intolerances for £250, and electronic cigarettes.

The testing service, York-Test, was reprimanded in 2007 by the Advertising Standards Agency for claiming the test was “clinically validated”.

Dr Heath said: “It seems to be desperately sad and wrong.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/telly-doc-hilary-jones-slammed-10806516

https://www.yorktest.com/how-it-works/

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

They don't need your name! They'll already know the most likely intolerances for you to have if you're a red-head jock male of approx age X living in area Y. 

Still, if they have a bioresonance machine to put your hair sample into, it must be fine. Wait a minute, what's a bioresonance machine exactly? 

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/bioresonance-therapy.html#:~:text=qualified health professional%3F-,What is Bioresonance Therapy%3F,the health of the body.

:P

image.png.42e4369ec5093af8999621add78ffce6.png

My hair doesn't even look ginger to be fair. 

spunko

Reminds me of the "things you can't accurately ascertain from a DNA test" meme a few years back - can't find it now, but basically everything.

Good article here clarifies how they do it, and a lot of it is data analysis rather than DNA analysis:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/1/28/18194560/ancestry-dna-23-me-myheritage-science-explainer

Democorruptcy
3 hours ago, ccc said:

My hair doesn't even look ginger to be fair. 

Now they have your DNA and can use it for fake paternity tests etc., it will be interesting to see if any of the little ccc's turning up at your door have ginger hair, "Is that you dad?".

2 hours ago, spunko said:

Reminds me of the "things you can't accurately ascertain from a DNA test" meme a few years back - can't find it now, but basically everything.

Good article here clarifies how they do it, and a lot of it is data analysis rather than DNA analysis:

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2019/1/28/18194560/ancestry-dna-23-me-myheritage-science-explainer

I've read about the DNA thing. It's all data by the look of it. 

All they know is where I come from and my likely rave. 

Anyway. I'm a cynic. But it was pretty decent. 

1 hour ago, Democorruptcy said:

Now they have your DNA and can use it for fake paternity tests etc., it will be interesting to see if any of the little ccc's turning up at your door have ginger hair, "Is that you dad?".

Unlikely. :D

40 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Well it's only a couple of millimetres...

Lucky if one !

• Lol 1

wherebee
On 18/04/2022 at 23:47, ccc said:

Just chop lots of little bits off. I had to. 

And they don't accept pubic. Not kidding it actually says that on instructions. How would they know though...

taste