DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Chilli Peppers singer been visiting West Country folk festivals?

swiss_democracy_for_all

swiss_democracy_for_all

Just WTF is this accent? He didn’t sing in a mix of Somerset folk and Californian before that I can remember. 

SpectrumFX

Time makes fools of us all.

They were decent once upon a time, but he was never a very good singer and as the years have gone on they've focused more and more on the singing (with heavy autotune) and less and less on the rhythm section, which was the best thing about them.

I don't understand it really, as they should have enough money by now that they can do anything they want, and listening to their early stuff it's hard to imagine that they would ever want to doing the shit that they're turning out at the moment.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
JoeDavola

I quite like the two singles from the new album; not up there with their classic stuff but as good as could be expcted after all these years. I found the rest of it to be quite forgettable.

Bobthebuilder

They are good when John Frusciante is in the band, he is the best singer in that band by miles. They do have their moments.

• Agree 1

spunko

Not really my scene but considering he's 59 the lead singer has the body of someone half that age. Who says prolific drug use isn't good for you?

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
5 hours ago, spunko said:

Not really my scene but considering he's 59 the lead singer has the body of someone half that age. Who says prolific drug use isn't good for you?

A few years ago I saw Shaun Ryder being interviewed and he said that because he had always been far more into drugs than drink his body was in good shape even if his brain wasn't.

1_Shaun-Ryder-interviewed-by-Rachael-Ble

Here is an article where he defends his heroin use as not having caused him a problem.

Shaun Ryder: ‘I was a heroin addict for 20-odd years, but there’s been no damage off that’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/may/10/shaun-ryder-i-was-a-heroin-addict-for-20-odd-years-but-theres-been-no-damage-off-that

sheer-fucking-hubris-star-trek.gif

59 btw

• Agree 1
  • Lol 1

spunko
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

A few years ago I saw Shaun Ryder being interviewed and he said that because he had always been far more into drugs than drink his body was in good shape even if his brain wasn't.

Here is an article where he defends his heroin use as not having caused him a problem.

Shaun Ryder: ‘I was a heroin addict for 20-odd years, but there’s been no damage off that’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/may/10/shaun-ryder-i-was-a-heroin-addict-for-20-odd-years-but-theres-been-no-damage-off-that

59 btw

Or that pisshead from the Pogues.  

• Agree 1

Percy Hotspur
7 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

59 btw

Shaun used to have a good centre parting once.
(I loved the Mondays!)

22 hours ago, spunko said:

Just had a look and seems he is a veggie, surfs a lot, runs and goes to the gym frequently. Fair play. 

JoeDavola
Posted (edited)
On 09/05/2022 at 12:32, spunko said:

Yep I think many people can get away with a ton of drug use when young if they then clean things up after.

He's a health nut now and I suspect is on a sensible TRT dose to keep the muscle on.

This is why I find it hilarious that the likes of weed is illegal in the UK, smoking that occasionally and even things like cocaine are probably less damaging to most folk that the lives of chronic poor health habits i.e. junk food / no exercise / frequent drinking / frequent smoking / chronic stress... that are normal parts of UK life.

I like that there's people out there like Antony- it's a reminder to try and not let yourself go. Flea is in great shape too, lean and good posture and all that - I'd love to be that fit and healthy when I'm pushing 60.

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 2