• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Cunning Plan

Ebay advice required

31 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

That is very cheap I believe, the schools round here want £20-30k a year per child.

My builder sold his old house to pay for his children to go to a decent private school, I don't know if it is worth it personally, the comprehensives round here aren't that awful and we have grammar schools still in Kent. 

My feeling on private schools is you can send, not very bright, kids and they come out as adults it takes people a bit longer to work out they're not very bright and they also get ripped off by tradespeople. Not sure if it's worth the money as despite everything the cream does generally still rise to the top. I think bright kids definitely get a lot more out of it but that would narrow massively if there's the option of a grammar school.

Be an interesting to compare the benefits of instead ploughing the school fees money into buying them a place in London to live when they graduate.

38 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

That is very cheap I believe, the schools round here want £20-30k a year per child.

My builder sold his old house to pay for his children to go to a decent private school, I don't know if it is worth it personally, the comprehensives round here aren't that awful and we have grammar schools still in Kent. 

Reminds me of the old saying:

"it is better to have high intelligence and a poor school experience, than low intelligence and an excellent school experience.  Poor schooling can always be rectified"

On 10/22/2017 at 17:23, davidg said:

The missus won't give anything to the charity shops - in case it ends up in the hands of : scunners, eastern europeans, roma, muslims.

I can remember seeing some SJW in a market in Africa on the So-Called BBC when she picked up a Tshirt from one of the stalls that was selling them ,the t shirt was from her local pubs skittle team :D

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I can remember seeing some SJW in a market in Africa on the So-Called BBC when she picked up a Tshirt from one of the stalls that was selling them ,the t shirt was from her local pubs skittle team :D

Seen an African kid on TV in a Darlo shirt before now. As if the poor sod didn't have troubles enough, unwittingly being dressed up as Franz Burgmeier wouldn't do anything for anybody's circumstances.