DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Have you given up complaining about the UK housing market and getting yourself an alternative plan?

haroldshand

haroldshand

I keep reading about the "injustices" of the the UK property market and how it keeps getting more and more expensive and morally corrupt, you can't find rentals on a good wage but you can find one as a thick single never worked 19 year old Mother with two kids or immigrants with a sob story. Personally I have given up a long time ago complaining about it while  there are social media websites that have been around discussing the subject for 20 years now only to see it get far worse.

You can complain about it forever of get a plan B or C, mine is moving to Central Portugal where  the positives are abundant though you need finances, be semi retired or you can take a business/web based etc  with you and where the Portuguese have  some great tax incentives.

But like so many things where I seem to get in there before it's a thing others are now catching on rapidly, the Americans are now going over there in higher numbers, Lisbon, low crime, safer, friendly people, great weather and culture and outdoor life and night life if you want it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/portugal-retirement-what-to-know-11649450537

Has anyone else given up complaining about the crap UK housing market and putting an alternative plan into action?

With a crooked smile
56 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

You can complain about it forever of get a plan B or C, mine is moving to Central Portugal

Mu advice, just do it ASAP. There will never be a perfect time. Peoples only regets are often that they didn't do major moves sooner.

My general approach to life is some action is invariably better than no action.

7 hours ago, haroldshand said:

I keep reading about the "injustices" of the the UK property market and how it keeps getting more and more expensive and morally corrupt, you can't find rentals on a good wage but you can find one as a thick single never worked 19 year old Mother with two kids or immigrants with a sob story. Personally I have given up a long time ago complaining about it while  there are social media websites that have been around discussing the subject for 20 years now only to see it get far worse.

You can complain about it forever of get a plan B or C, mine is moving to Central Portugal where  the positives are abundant though you need finances, be semi retired or you can take a business/web based etc  with you and where the Portuguese have  some great tax incentives.

But like so many things where I seem to get in there before it's a thing others are now catching on rapidly, the Americans are now going over there in higher numbers, Lisbon, low crime, safer, friendly people, great weather and culture and outdoor life and night life if you want it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/portugal-retirement-what-to-know-11649450537

Has anyone else given up complaining about the crap UK housing market and putting an alternative plan into action?

Kids have 2 and 3 years left at school. Once they are done my wife and I are off. 

Chewing Grass
1 minute ago, GTM said:

Kids have 2 and 3 years left at school. Once they are done my wife and I are off. 

That's what we said 10 years ago.

14 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

That's what we said 10 years ago.

Good luck. Me and Mrs are going part buy, part ( taxpayer paying) rent. Get the mortgage for 55%. Move in. Pay off the 55% mortgage . £185 rent forever. At 67, taxpayers problem. We’ve tried to beat em, now we join em. Worlds sent me mad, or woke me up. 58 atm. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Good luck. Me and Mrs are going part buy, part ( taxpayer paying) rent. Get the mortgage for 55%. Move in. Pay off the 55% mortgage . £185 rent forever. At 67, taxpayers problem. We’ve tried to beat em, now we join em. Worlds sent me mad, or woke me up. 58 atm. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Correction. 45% mortgage. Didn’t I do well. Hmmm

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, GTM said:

We did that. The shit followed us.

16 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

We did that. The shit followed us.

😂

We aren't trying to escape the kids (yet). But the trouble and strife isn't from this country (she's a Septic). I'm not from the South of England. I moved here as where I'm from has less jobs, though much cheaper house prices. 

We'll see where we are in 3 years time. Will the US let pure bloods in? Will the South crash and let us Sweaties enjoy the better weather? Though maybe trying to escape the kids might become a thing? 😂

Wight Flight
11 minutes ago, GTM said:

😂

We aren't trying to escape the kids (yet). But the trouble and strife isn't from this country (she's a Septic). I'm not from the South of England. I moved here as where I'm from has less jobs, though much cheaper house prices. 

We'll see where we are in 3 years time. Will the US let pure bloods in? Will the South crash and let us Sweaties enjoy the better weather? Though maybe trying to escape the kids might become a thing? 😂

Don't escape the kids. Just send them far away.

Worked well for us.

Archived