DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Goodwood Festival of Speed

spunko

spunko

Is this any good? I wanted to go a few years back but it didn't materialise. 

I'm concerned that it'll be full of anoraks fawning over a rare 1920s Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Or, even worse, people pretending to be country squires for the day.

I like cars, but only from the past 30 years or so. Anyone know if its any good?

markyh
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Is this any good? I wanted to go a few years back but it didn't materialise. 

I'm concerned that it'll be full of anoraks fawning over a rare 1920s Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Or, even worse, people pretending to be country squires for the day.

I like cars, but only from the past 30 years or so. Anyone know if its any good?

I have never been either, but they have had a full on EV section called "Electric Avenue" since 2020.  

Goodwood - Electric Avenue

I went 5 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was quite a decent mix of people. There will be some very old cars but there'll be F1 , drift cars , all sorts of sports car class and the latest ecar tech. Also the opportunity to see the F1 cars up close in the paddock / engine warm ups.

Would definitely go again.

• Agree 1

Caravan Monster

The one where they do the dressing up in period clothes has surprisingly entertaining racing, might be mixing up Revival and Festival of Speed, can't remember. The historic motoring world is dying out somewhat because the people are and the vehicles are so wildly over valued that it is a barrier of entry to younger enthusiasts.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Goodwood is ok to get up close to a range of different cars. A bit like an airshow to some degree. So it depends what you're going for really. Overall best fast car experience I've had is Spa24 hours. I'm hoping we can go again this year.

Edited by A_P

spunko
1 hour ago, A_P said:

Goodwood is ok to get up close to a range of different cars. A bit like an airshow to some degree. So it depends what you're going for really. Overall best fast car experience I've had is Spa24 hours. I'm hoping we can go again this year.

Mainly going to see some fast non-electric cars I can't afford.

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Mainly going to see some fast non-electric cars I can't afford.

Then I highly recommend the Spa 24 hours. You do not need to go for the whole weekend or full race. It is inexpensive for the basic event ticket. With paddock access is about £70 iirc. Well worth it if you like modern supercars. They also have support races too.

If you do not want to go to Belgium the N24 is also cool but is a bit more prone to the racing being curtailed. Also the course is so big it is bit of a nightmare if you do not know where you're going.

• Informative 1

The XYY Man
Posted (edited)
On 01/05/2022 at 09:40, markyh said:

I have never been either, but they have had a full on EV section called "Electric Avenue" since 2020.  

Goodwood - Electric Avenue

To paraphrase Eddy Grant after your battery runs out:  We're gonna walk down to Electric Avenue.

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

Gloommonger

Went about 15 years ago and would definitely go again. They have all sorts of cars old and modern racing up the hill. Had some pre hybrid f1 cars revving their engines which is an incredible sound. Literally bumped in to Jenson Button too. Good weather helps.

• Agree 1

Tl100

Did a couple  of laps of the north west today, a lot of bikes  about  already. Just need the weather  for race days now.:Passusabeer:

• Cheers 1

On 08/05/2022 at 19:24, Tl100 said:

Did a couple  of laps of the north west today, a lot of bikes  about  already. Just need the weather  for race days now.:Passusabeer:

Weather not playing ball at the moment and the forecast not looking too positive either. I tempted fate  :CryBaby: