• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spunko2010

Anonymous EU voting poll

EU Voting Poll  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How would you vote now if given the chance?

• Leave
    • Remain

As requested, an anonymous poll so nobody here will be able to see who chose what; you can only vote once.

Would be interested in seeing how you would vote if the EU Referendum was tomorrow - with the benefit of hindsight etc. Cast your votes now!

Leave.  No need to anonymise it for me.

As I have said before I would genuinely be well underway with an emigration plan (to the US or NZ probably) as I regarded that as the last winnable vote before we were subsumed into some vast EU superstate.

As we have shown the way (and taken away our funding) I also see our departure as the beginning of the end for the EU.

nice-jazz.jpg

Yup! The EU will end up like Woolworth!O.o

When I say I didn't vote, I didn't vote in the real election. Wanted to see how it went. Not the result I expected, but I am in favour of democracy, so let's go!

I was tempted to vote Remain on the poll on this thread, managed not to though!

Leave then, leave now. Even more so now.

My only worry now is Nicola Sturgeon launching IndyRef2. I was Yes then but with what I know now I'd be a NO. Unless there was the option of leaving EU and UK, then I might have to think more. For all her "wanting to give the Scottish people a right to choose", I don't think they are discussing the option of OUT EU and UK.

Scotland leaving UK but staying in (or joining anyway) the EU would be madness- we would be swamped with "refugees" and people Angela Merkel gas given passports to.

One thing that I am finding staggering is the venom and spite coming from the remainers. 

I wisely didn't let anyone know how I voted. It is odd because in every other aspect, the remainers seem to set themselves up as virtue signalling goody two shoes charity workers - until they come across a brexit voter at which point the stupid, ignorant, racist etc accusations occur.

They then have the cheek to state that brexit voters have created a rift in society.

After the vote, I didn't have any feelings, hate or otherwise, towards remain voters - after all, we all weighed up what we thought was best for us, our families and our country. I even tolerated James O'Brien.

That is starting to change. There is now hatred brewing, and it is not being started by the brexiteers. I just don't get why what used to be rational people are trying so hard to make me hate them. 

Edit to add - It is interesting that the Dosbods are currently 100% remain. Despite no doubt various different opinions on many things amongst us, this site so far has remained civilised and accommodating. This may say something about the type of person that chose to migrate. (Leave the undemocratic mothersite?)

6 minutes ago, This Time said:

Yeah, would be interested to know if anyone voted remain.

My theory is that while there are people who voted leave but who now regret their vote (dunno why, but the remainers keep going on about it), there will be at least as many people who voted remain but who now regret their vote (after all, they said the world would end and I found it scary, but actually the last nearly-year hasn't been too bad.)

Regards the attitude of the Remainers, there's a question I'd like to ask them all, from lowly joe public, through condescending comedian, all the way to defeated politician. And it's this:

If the result had gone the exact other way, what would you be saying to the Leave losers? Would you be open to the idea that there should be s second referendum on the basis that they didn't like the outcome of the first? Would you be claiming that 48% was in fact a majority if we factored in the people who couldn't be fucked to turn up and vote in the first place? Would you tolerate the suggestion that the vote was somehow undemocratic? Would you put up with bitter leavers suggesting that everyone who voted Remain was an unenlightened fuckwit and that thy were somehow morally and intellectually superior?

I think we all know the answer to that. Sadly it just wouldn't be wise to ask it in most situations.

But one thing I have found - I've had several conversations that have provoked me into revealing the way I voted, only for people around me to suddenly announce that they voted the same. I guess it shouldn't be all that surprising really, since. a. fucking. majority. agreed. with. me, but it feels like Robinson Crusoe meeting Man Friday. Anyway, suffice to say those people have all, to a man and woman, been of the same view - they'd vote the same way ten times again if they had to. I think those hoping for a rerun might well be in for a hell of a shock if they actually got it.

The behaviour of the EU and the remainers have proved time and again the real reason to leave...Tyranny...is more than ever the reality of the EU. Leave quicker I say.

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

12-totalbeauty-logo-halloween-costumes-2

I 100% support the right of anybody to vote however they please, based on their own interests, experiences, hopes and fears. I'd just like them to understand that anybody who doesn't think the same as them is not automatically a racist or an imbecile.

Just now, Fully Detached said:

I 100% support the right of anybody to vote however they please, based on their own interests, experiences, hopes and fears. I'd just like them to understand that anybody who doesn't think the same as them is not automatically a racist or an imbecile.

Piss off you racist twat  .:ph34r:

Just now, Fully Detached said:

I agree. In fact I don't think it will make a huge amount of difference which way the vote had gone. The same neo-liberal mindset is intellectually unchallenged in both Westminster and Brussels. Which is why almost no-one in the Westminster bubble was genuinely in favour of leaving.

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I agree. In fact I don't think it will make a huge amount of difference which way the vote had gone. The same neo-liberal mindset is intellectually unchallenged in both Westminster and Brussels. Which is why almost no-one in the Westminster bubble was genuinely in favour of leaving.

The main reason that the Westminster bubble wanted us to remain is that they have not the mental capacity to begin to govern the country.  Far easier to let someone else do whilst you sit about playing let's pretend to govern whilst lining your own pocket and organising that cushy future job.

now, or at least in the near future, they will have to make decisions and then defend the concequences, rather than just blame Brussels as they do now   They must be very scared. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

The main reason that the Westminster bubble wanted us to remain is that they have not the mental capacity to begin to govern the country.  Far easier to let someone else do whilst you sit about playing let's pretend to govern whilst lining your own pocket and organising that cushy future job.

now, or at least in the near future, they will have to make decisions and then defend the concequences, rather than just blame Brussels as they do now   They must be very scared. 

That was my big objection to the last run of Prime Ministers and I also eventually concluded that it must be down to Brussels making all the big decisions.

They all came across as middle managers keeping things ticking over rather than as chief executives who wanted to achieve something.