Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

  • 0

E Publishing


Frank Hovis

Question

Frank Hovis

I know someone who has written a couple of novels.

I have encouraged him to go the e publishing route as this is what book publishers will want a record of before being likely to accept a novel.

Does anyone have more substantive advice or can point me in the direction of a helpful guide?

Money is very much secondary; it's more about how best to do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
The XYY Man
5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Money is very much secondary; it's more about how best to do it.

Wow...!!!

Words I never expected to hear from an accountant...

;)

 

XYY

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Frank Hovis
16 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Wow...!!!

Words I never expected to hear from an accountant...

;)

 

XYY

 

It genuinely is a friend and not me!

He's been out of work for a few years and has written these but needs a push to do something with them.

He seems to have that teenage attitude of thinking you're going to be the next Dan Brown whilst doing nothing practical to achieve it.  I just wanted to give him a push into the real world; I have no idea how good or bad they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
The XYY Man
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

 

It genuinely is a friend and not me!

He's been out of work for a few years and has written these but needs a push to do something with them.

He seems to have that teenage attitude of thinking you're going to be the next Dan Brown whilst doing nothing practical to achieve it.  I just wanted to give him a push into the real world; I have no idea how good or bad they are.

I have no direct experience Frank, but I have bought a few e-books from Amazon by a North-East author who specialises in biographies of local "characters".

That his catalogue of publications keeps growing suggests there is at least a job as an aspiring writer that is viable if you tap into the right niche, even if you won't become the next Jeffrey Archer.

As long as you don't hire @spygirl to do the proof-reading...

;)

 

XYY

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
spygirl
10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I have no direct experience Frank, but I have bought a few e-books from Amazon by a North-East author who specialises in biographies of local "characters".

That his catalogue of publications keeps growing suggests there is at least a job as an aspiring writer that is viable if you tap into the right niche, even if you won't become the next Jeffrey Archer.

As long as you don't hire @spygirl to do the proof-reading...

;)

 

XYY

 

I do do proof reading. And have written some books.

  • Informative 1
  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
spygirl
10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I have no direct experience Frank, but I have bought a few e-books from Amazon by a North-East author who specialises in biographies of local "characters".

That his catalogue of publications keeps growing suggests there is at least a job as an aspiring writer that is viable if you tap into the right niche, even if you won't become the next Jeffrey Archer.

As long as you don't hire @spygirl to do the proof-reading...

;)

 

XYY

 

You're not buying those God awful  Brian  Cockerill n Lee Duffy shitographies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
The XYY Man
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I do do proof reading. And have written some books.

xD

Fuck off you crazy, fucked-up, heed-the-ball bastard.

Colouring-in them books your mam buys you on Giro day with your box of crayons does not constitute writing a book.

And checking you've spelled your name right on your latest dole claim ain't fucking proof reading...

 

XYY

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
spygirl
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

xD

Fuck off you crazy, fucked-up, heed-the-ball bastard.

Colouring-in them books your mam buys you on Giro day with your box of crayons does not constitute writing a book.

And checking you've spelled your name right on your latest dole claim ain't fucking proof reading...

 

XYY

Which one of the Taxman posse are you?

 

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
sarahbell

Get it proof read. 
Calibri I think makes the books you upload to kindle now. Kindle will tell you anyway. 

Canva.com makes covers. the cover really helps.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...