• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Van Lady

Songs about Heartbreak

I’m supporting my broken hearted daughter who has been dumped suddenly and unexpectedly by her boyfriend. Oh dear. She’ll survive!

Heres one of my favourite songs about heartbreak.

2 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

I’m supporting my broken hearted daughter who has been dumped suddenly and unexpectedly by her boyfriend. 

Maybe they'll get back together.

Let me guess.

It's October.

So either your daughter left home for college or her boyfriend did.

He has found someone else.

Just now, Bedrag Justesen said:

Maybe they'll get back together.

Let me guess.

It's October.

So either your daughter left home for college or her boyfriend did.

He has found someone else.

None of those reasons apart from he may have somebody else. She doesn’t know why because she’s just been suddenly totally deleted from his life. She’s 23 and he’s 26 so both very young.

Young love, eh? I’m glad I’m an old cynic now about love. Life’s easier and happier being a lone soldier IMO.

They won’t get back together. I’d be very surprised if they did.

Good song by Earth, Wind & Fire.

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Always prepare for surprise.

If she has feelings for him that must hurt like hell.

Sometimes after the initial realisation of altered reality the sun comes out and the rain stops. You are shocked to find you weren't actually that happy anyway. All it takes is a new flame. 

1 hour ago, Economic Exile said:

None of those reasons apart from he may have somebody else. She doesn’t know why because she’s just been suddenly totally deleted from his life. She’s 23 and he’s 26 so both very young.

Young love, eh? I’m glad I’m an old cynic now about love. Life’s easier and happier being a lone soldier IMO.

Good song by Earth, Wind & Fire.

God yes if I ever manage to,get rid of mr one percent, no way on earth I would enter into another relationship.  Ever. I guess as you get older, you realise that your own company is good.  When younger, you feel you need others to,be complete. 

16 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

I’m supporting my broken hearted daughter who has been dumped suddenly and unexpectedly by her boyfriend. Oh dear. She’ll survive!

She'll be fine; she's got years and years....

Many years with someone with BPD have hardened my heart as far as relationships are concerned. I liked some of these songs, but they seem a bit pathetic now. You seem to have a large stock of them, Bedrag!

I shall have to summon up distant memories of young love in order to counsel my daughter in a few years. I reckon I'm going to sound like the cynical weary old doctor in Corelli's Mandolin(if I'm lucky), she won't listen to a bloody word!

Nor this. Bloody hell it's miserable.

Funny thing is the guy who wrote it (Jason pierce) wrote it about his ex who was in the same band ( Kate Ridley). I think she left him for Richard Ashcroft (The Verve).

Edit - laugh at the crowd. They should have gone to see Kylie

Edited by BigV