• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SNACR

Phishing scam British Telecom

Watch out for this one. Probably the best I've seen and the furthest I've ever got to falling for but just noticed in time no padlock in the browser bar. The way they nearly caught me was the convincing email, identical to theirs they constantly send in look and style,  saying my card had expired, which coincidentally it just had and had been contacted a lot by various companies, who hold the details to automatically take payment, requesting the new expiry.

http://beegeeshardware.com/UKconnectBT/details.php?ssid=30d0da2f0929084d504baaec38fe28cd&PHPSESSID=2862cec41a04a5f59ed10bcfe5dc1ac4

Edit to add: just realised I pay BT by direct debit so not sure why I thought they'd need card details just caught me with the card expiry coincidence which I guess is how they get a lot of people.

Edited by SNACR

20 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Watch out for this one. Probably the best I've seen and the furthest I've ever got to falling for but just noticed in time no padlock in the browser bar. The way they nearly caught me was the convincing email, identical to theirs they constantly send in look and style,  saying my card had expired, which coincidentally it just had and had been contacted a lot by various companies, who hold the details to automatically take payment, requesting the new expiry.

http://beegeeshardware.com/UKconnectBT/details.php?ssid=30d0da2f0929084d504baaec38fe28cd&PHPSESSID=2862cec41a04a5f59ed10bcfe5dc1ac4

Edit to add: just realised I pay BT by direct debit so not sure why I thought they'd need card details just caught me with the card expiry coincidence which I guess is how they get a lot of people.

Just for the record: I clicked on that and Norton blocked it as a dangerous web site.  I do like Norton!

4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

All your password are belong to us...!

XYY

Oh noes!

There was a radio program this week that said those Nigerian emails deliberately have poor English because it filters out the cleverer people who will recognise it as a scam at some point and so will waste the scammer's time.

This was what had happened when the scams were written in good English and so were more convincing at the outset.

People thick enough to read such gibberish and think that it is genuine are however excellent prospects for taking money.

It seems Indians are giving up on the Im form micrrosoft ...' scam.

Now they are trying toe 'Im from BT ....'

Years ago, my mum associated Indians with curry.

Recently, various companies/MDs associated Indians with software.

Now, everyone I know  - people + Orgs - associates Indian with scam artist.

Its amazing peoples opinion of a country has fallen.

No point having an Indian call centre cold call - everyone just puts the phone down on hearing an Indian accent. Or should.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

It seems Indians are giving up on the Im form micrrosoft ...' scam.

Now they are trying toe 'Im from BT ....'

Years ago, my mum associated Indians with curry.

Recently, various companies/MDs associated Indians with software.

Now, everyone I know  - people + Orgs - associates Indian with scam artist.

Its amazing peoples opinion of a country has fallen.

No point having an Indian call centre cold call - everyone just puts the phone down on hearing an Indian accent. Or should.

Fuck off imposter - you're not our beloved spygirl...!

A post that mentions neither Muzzies, Gordon Brown, Middlesbrough, Roma, Pikeys, Scarbrough or fucking Tax Credits...?

Yeah, right...!

Pull the other nipple Mr Scaramanga...

;)

XYY

Had some guy phone me yesterday saying that he was with SWALEC.

he had a Northern accent!!!!

Told him that I did not have SWALEC (lie)

He said that they would amend their records and cordially bid me good day.

I suppose that it could have been legitimate but I never trust those sort of calls.

Perhaps he is very young and has never heard of letters and envelopes?

23 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Oh noes!

There was a radio program this week that said those Nigerian emails deliberately have poor English because it filters out the cleverer people who will recognise it as a scam at some point and so will waste the scammer's time.

This was what had happened when the scams were written in good English and so were more convincing at the outset.

People thick enough to read such gibberish and think that it is genuine are however excellent prospects for taking money.

Are people that thick likely to have any money though?