DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Farmers v cyclists

Sasquatch

stop_the_craziness

This is my 2nd slating of my fellow bike riders in just 24 hours.  Today I was in my car on narrow road behind a cyclist so obviously I slowed down to his speed, waiting for a safe moment to pass.  He then slowed down to pretty much walking pace and gave me the "pass now" sign on a blind bend.  Obviously I didn't.  Which must have been a relief for the motorbike that was coming the other way.

Some people really do reinforce all the bad stereotypes about us, unfortunately.

• Agree 5

One percent
14 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

This is my 2nd slating of my fellow bike riders in just 24 hours.  Today I was in my car on narrow road behind a cyclist so obviously I slowed down to his speed, waiting for a safe moment to pass.  He then slowed down to pretty much walking pace and gave me the "pass now" sign on a blind bend.  Obviously I didn't.  Which must have been a relief for the motorbike that was coming the other way.

Some people really do reinforce all the bad stereotypes about us, unfortunately.

I think it allows those who are utter cunts to start with release their inner cuntishness 

Carl Fimble

I've shouted at a few cyclists recently as they seem to think it's totally fine to have a queue of 10+ cars sitting behind them for ages at 15mph on a 60mph road. 

I've done so subtly as they're all camera'd up nowadays and are likely to report me for doing anything other than giving them more space than a drink novice unicyclist would need and just putting up with their selfishness. 

It seems like it's way worse than it ever was.

Pricks. 

• Agree 3

Chewing Grass

Its even better to drive around in an antique tractor at 20mph, near me they go out for picnics and casual sex on them.

With regard to 60mph roads if you cant get past some bikes it isn't a 60mph road in reality.

There are 60mph roads near me that only the insane (kids in VW/AUDIs & blokes with small willies in Teslas) would drive over 40mph.

On the A49 at Whitchurch I witnessed a bloke in a Whistling Death Machine (Tesla) at what must have been 120-140mph on a long gently left curving stretch of the bypass where his visibility would have been about 3 seconds at that speed.

IMHO the whole of the UK would be a much better place if all unsigned roads were 40mph, all 60s 50mpg and all motorways 60.

Everyone needs to chill out and city fuckers stay in their cities.

Think there was a science fiction book that covered it.

Carl Fimble
On 22/05/2022 at 20:42, Chewing Grass said:

Its even better to drive around in an antique tractor at 20mph, near me they go out for picnics and casual sex on them.

With regard to 60mph roads if you cant get past some bikes it isn't a 60mph road in reality.

There are 60mph roads near me that only the insane (kids in VW/AUDIs & blokes with small willies in Teslas) would drive over 40mph.

On the A49 at Whitchurch I witnessed a bloke in a Whistling Death Machine (Tesla) at what must have been 120-140mph on a long gently left curving stretch of the bypass where his visibility would have been about 3 seconds at that speed.

IMHO the whole of the UK would be a much better place if all unsigned roads were 40mph, all 60s 50mpg and all motorways 60.

Everyone needs to chill out and city fuckers stay in their cities.

Think there was a science fiction book that covered it.

I couldn't get past the bikes because the road was busy with traffic coming the other way, or there were corners which were blind. It's easily a 60mph road.

I live in the country and this was a country road, for country people!

:P

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
13 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I couldn't get past the bikes because the road was busy with traffic coming the other way, or there were corners which were blind. It's easily a 60mph road.

Have a read of the Cyclist Diary of his 4 day trip to Wales in 1893, you could pack heat back then and they used it.

https://www.cyclingnorthwales.uk/cycling-history/cycle-tour-1893/

• Informative 1

One percent
15 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

You should have just gently steered them into the hedge. Cunts.  Was on the top of the york moors, on a single track road at the weekend. Entitled mamils everywhere. o.O  i just maintained speed and road position.  

• Agree 1

Carl Fimble
10 minutes ago, One percent said:

You should have just gently steered them into the hedge. Cunts.  Was on the top of the york moors, on a single track road at the weekend. Entitled mamils everywhere. o.O  i just maintained speed and road position.  

Watch out though, aside from not wanting to kill or maim anyone, they're all camera'd up, and the law is on their side quite firmly nowadays. 1.5 metres (!!) is how much space you're meant to give them now...

They do seem way less considerate, to the point of deserving <redacted>, and I reckon that's a fairly recent thing. 

• Informative 1

One percent
4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Watch out though, aside from not wanting to kill or maim anyone, they're all camera'd up, and the law is on their side quite firmly nowadays. 1.5 metres (!!) is how much space you're meant to give them now...

They do seem way less considerate, to the point of deserving <redacted>, and I reckon that's a fairly recent thing. 

The single track roads over the moors are hardly wider than that. Ain’t going to happen.  They are all incomer cunts, not locals and as such it’s the hill I’m prepared to die on.  Did I mention that they are cunts?  

Carl Fimble
Just now, One percent said:

The single track roads over the moors are hardly wider than that. Ain’t going to happen.  They are all incomer cunts, not locals and as such it’s the hill I’m prepared to die on.  Did I mention that they are cunts?  

You need a siren, and flashing lights I reckon. 

I'd be embarrassed and ashamed to be knowingly holding people up to the extent these cunts do, not even moving over when they could do, and cycling on a busy road when beautiful cycle paths have been created for them which cover the very same route. The cunts....

• Agree 1

Chewing Grass
23 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well you are not coming out on my tandem then, you can chalk that experience off your bucket list.

One percent
Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Well you are not coming out on my tandem then, you can chalk that experience off your bucket list.

Has it got a special saddle?   o.O

Some strange folk on this thread. They are allowed to be on these roads just like you are. Just like a tractor is. Accept it. Relax. 

If they are single lane with passing places then they should move over there to let you past. Like most will. 

If they don't ? They are cunts. If you get annoyed just because they are cycling there ? Then you are the cunt. 

Today's lesson endeth :Old:

• Agree 4
  • Lol 1

43 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Have a read of the Cyclist Diary of his 4 day trip to Wales in 1893, you could pack heat back then and they used it.

https://www.cyclingnorthwales.uk/cycling-history/cycle-tour-1893/

I'm not sure what speciality Mrs Williams was offering that made her worth 5x what they paid Mrs Price.

And Young Davies was surely taken advantage of for only 1 shilling.

Carl Fimble
33 minutes ago, ccc said:

Some strange folk on this thread. They are allowed to be on these roads just like you are. Just like a tractor is. Accept it. Relax. 

If they are single lane with passing places then they should move over there to let you past. Like most will. 

If they don't ? They are cunts. If you get annoyed just because they are cycling there ? Then you are the cunt. 

Today's lesson endeth :Old:

It's the cunts I'm moaning about, folk on bikes are fine, I ride a bike myself but do so with some consideration for others, cunts on bikes are cunts. Fucking bike cunts. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

It's the cunts I'm moaning about, folk on bikes are fine, I ride a bike myself but do so with some consideration for others, cunts on bikes are cunts. Fucking bike cunts. 

But what you are describing doesn't sound like bike cunts just folk out for a bike ride on a narrow road. 

Carl Fimble
12 minutes ago, ccc said:

But what you are describing doesn't sound like bike cunts just folk out for a bike ride on a narrow road. 

Not a narrow road, an A road. Not folk out for a bike ride, but actual cunts- seemingly enjoying the fact their little bike ride was holding up 10+ cars at 15ish mph on a 60mph road.

I don't moan about folk cycling, but have been getting mightily pissed off with this sort of shite. 

9 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Not a narrow road, an A road. Not folk out for a bike ride, but actual cunts- seemingly enjoying the fact their little bike ride was holding up 10+ cars at 15ish mph on a 60mph road.

I don't moan about folk cycling, but have been getting mightily pissed off with this sort of shite. 

They are perfectly entitled to go along that road at 15 mph. 

I will ask again - what exactly did they do wrong ....

One percent
2 minutes ago, ccc said:

Behaved like entitled arseholes. There is such a thing as common courtesy. If you are inconveniencing others, attempt to stop being an arsehole as soon as you can.  Mamils appear to take delight in winding up other road users.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Behaved like entitled arseholes. There is such a thing as common courtesy. If you are inconveniencing others, attempt to stop being an arsehole as soon as you can.  Mamils appear to take delight in winding up other road users.  

I still don't get it. 60 is the speed limit. There's no such thing as a "60 road". 

Are these folk meant to do to a 15 road ? Of which none exist ? 

If it was an A road you just overtake when the opportunity arises. 

Even if it's a windy road there are plenty of opportunities. If there was a ten car wait on this occasion ? 

Then it's the driver at the front being retarded by not overtaking when it's perfectly fine to do so - and this causing all the issues - and not the cyclists themselves..... 

Unless the cyclists were taking up both sides of the roads. Which would indeed by cunty behaviour. But something I've ever seen in my entire life or even heard of. 

Don't get me wrong I get annoyed loads by cunty behaviour by bikes and cars and trucks and all manner of vehicles on the roads and elsewhere. But this situation is not one. 

You are just getting annoyed at something you shouldn't - where they are doing nothing wrong. 

• Agree 1

Carl Fimble
14 minutes ago, ccc said:

Held up at least ten people for quite some time, and didn't pull over a bit to let folk past. All on a road which had a cycle path which would have taken them along the same route. 

nirvana
Posted (edited)

I think you all need to CALM DOWN in this thread....if you live in an owercrowded shithole either STFU or move to a different cuntry....otherwise you're just being a deluded bourgeoisie who is following the government narrative of 'divide and conquer' xD

Edited by nirvana
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Held up at least ten people for quite some time, and didn't pull over a bit to let folk past. All on a road which had a cycle path which would have taken them along the same route. 

But it had two lanes so why the need for them to pull over ? 

If the cycle path was in good order for road bikes then I get your point - but 99% of the ones in the UK are not. Hence why most don't use them. 

I still don't understand why they just weren't overtaken. Was it the windiest road in the world or something !?xD