• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
goldbug9999

According to the So-Called BBC cambridge uni should admit thick people because they are black

14 minutes ago, JFK said:

Davidy Lamo-lammy that racist fucker was on channel 4 news virtue signalling his way out of things. There was another commentator (also black) who actually pwned him when Lamo tried to make comparisons with black students in american univeristies.  Commentator pointed out the black middle classes were pushing themselves to get into the universities / moving closer to them etc.

Also we have to bear in mind that the affirmative action commonplace in USA is totally discriminatory.

Admission should be on merit, not some fucking SJW agenda.

I hope David Lammy will be speaking up on belhalf of the racist approach to the selection of NFL players. The racism is very apparent when you look at who is selected. In the USA black and hispanic people make up 25% of the population but make up more than 50% of the players in the NFL, a clear bias against white people and in particular chinese and other asians who are also grossly under represented .... or maybe the players are there on merit .... no no sorry every choice is based on race and colour.

Edited by satch

I've got a little sympathy for the position -- it seems reasonable to have lower entrance expectations for a kid from an inner city state school, compared with a top private school.  But this is nothing to do with race -- the 'thick Welsh' should get the same perk.  And it would seem to be difficult to set up a system that would cope with this properly -- you can't readily have lower entrance requirements (IMO)

I was amused by one of the interview in the R4 news piece on this, who said 'in my lab we've got at least 10 different nationalities'.  Yes -- they're not nearly so picky when it comes to the big-paying international students...

Just now, Bedrag Justesen said:

Oxbridge is not the solution for Wales.

Expanding the Welsh Assembly Government is the way forward.

Ideally every person in Wales should have a personal representative at the Senedd.

Do you propose they be related as well ...sounds like a plan 

I was listening to this nonsense on BBC radio this afternoon while driving. The argument was that pupils from more deprived backgrounds should be offered admission on lower grades because they overcame similar hurdles to affluent pupils with better grades. There was no discussion of how these B grade pupils would cope with the rigorous course. One assumes that standards would drop to compensate.

1 minute ago, satch said:

I hope David Lammy will be speaking up on belhalf of the racist approach to the selection of NFL players. The racism is very apparent when you look at who is selected. In the USA black and hispanic people make up 25% of the population but make up more than 50% of the players in the NFL, a clear bias against white people and in particular chinese and other asians who are also grossly under represented .... or maybe the player are there on merit .... no no sorry every choice is based on race and colour.

Would it not be fair to argue NFL players are generally REALLY BIG.

Typically Chinese and other Asians are small.

From Wiki

" As of July 2016, white Americans are the racial majority. African Americans are the largest racial minority, amounting to 13.3% of the population. Hispanic and Latino Americans amount to 17.8% of the total U.S. population, making up the largest ethnic minority. "

4 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I was listening to this nonsense on BBC radio this afternoon while driving. The argument was that pupils from more deprived backgrounds should be offered admission on lower grades because they overcame similar hurdles to affluent pupils with better grades. There was no discussion of how these B grade pupils would cope with the rigorous course. One assumes that standards would drop to compensate.

And if they did this, the middle classes would just rent a place in the 'right' area for the appropriate time, just like they do to get their kids into oversubscribed schools b

4 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Do you propose they be related as well ...sounds like a plan 

There is no place for nepotism in the public sector in Wales.

I challenge you to find a single person with relatives whether through birth or marriage.

You won't.

This especially applies in the media and politics.

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

There is no place for nepotism in the public sector in Wales.

I challenge you to find a single person with relatives whether through birth or marriage.

You won't.

This especially applies in the media and politics.

The ginger ones  a starter for ten

Edited by Long time lurking

24 minutes ago, JFK said:

Davidy Lamo-lammy that racist fucker was on channel 4 news virtue signalling his way out of things. There was another commentator (also black) who actually pwned him when Lamo tried to make comparisons with black students in american univeristies.  Commentator pointed out the black middle classes were pushing themselves to get into the universities / moving closer to them etc.

Also we have to bear in mind that the affirmative action commonplace in USA is totally discriminatory.

Admission should be on merit, not some fucking SJW agenda.

The Labour Party don't choose their candidates based upon anything as inconsequential as intelligence.

2 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Has he called for all Grenfell-residing students to get admission to Oxbridge yet?

No. He said that they should be automatically awarded the degree first class. They have been traumatised enough without having to put in all that hard work studying 

Just now, One percent said:

No. He said that they should be automatically awarded the degree first class. They have been traumatised enough without having to put in all that hard work studying 

That could solve all the country's woes. Dish out 100k first class degrees from Oxbridge to minorities (without attendance) and our skills shortage is solved!

1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

That could solve all the country's woes. Dish out 100k first class degrees from Oxbridge to minorities (without attendance) and our skills shortage is solved!

Plan!  Just don't tell the establishment, they might actually go for it 

In a rare display of common sense the So-Called BBC covered the US model of equality where Harvard, Yale etc. scan the results lists nationwide for pupils with straight As and then write to them suggesting that they apply as they will be likely to get in.

That is how you make sure that such institutions are open to genuine talent; not by setting quotas.

I don't think the article said anything like that.

The fact that Cambridge takes a lot of well off people from the home counties is not very surprising to me. Some could have said that fifty years ago.