DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Luna-cy

HousePriceMania

HousePriceMania

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-61552030

Cryptocrash: ‘I was arrested for knocking on Luna boss's door'

The sudden collapse of two popular digital coins in early May shocked investors and wiped $400bn (£318bn) from the value of many other cryptocurrencies, including the biggest, Bitcoin. All over the world, people who lost their life savings are now appealing for help. One desperate man was even arrested after visiting the home of the elusive businessman at the centre of the "cryptocrash". He told BBC News his life was in tatters.

HousePriceMania

"I surrendered myself to the police station twice," Chancers says. "I didn't trespass on Do Kwon's property - but according to Korean law, it's illegal to just go there and try to talk. I didn't know."  

O.o

Look at me - Im a grown up - 

novogratz-mainnet-gID_4.jpg.webp

Top button undone, sports jacket.

Yep, that gives me the loo k at someone resonsibjble that investors trust.

Whats that you say? Kids are doign crypo. I need to change my look, otherwisde Ill be left out.

OK, got me some trendy specs. And guess what?

83d340ff-8175-413c-8f19-90862ea3cd9c.jpg

Im fucking Rad now. is Rad still in?

One percent
3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Look at me - Im a grown up - 

novogratz-mainnet-gID_4.jpg.webp

Top button undone, sports jacket.

Yep, that gives me the loo k at someone resonsibjble that investors trust.

Whats that you say? Kids are doign crypo. I need to change my look, otherwisde Ill be left out.

OK, got me some trendy specs. And guess what?

83d340ff-8175-413c-8f19-90862ea3cd9c.jpg

Im fucking Rad now. is Rad still in?

Don’t you mean red?  Looks like he’s about to have a heart attack. 

Some people just deserve their money being taken. 

Remember that 95%+ of the people dealing with this stuff have no idea what is going on and their entire goal is just to have someone else pay more than they did because they got in earlier. 

Here's a 'professional crypto influencer/investor' 

SmartSelect_20220525-152723_Brave.thumb.jpg.90fd7deb5db9147c7f7b207ea505118e.jpg

Aaand... Its gone! 

Worth scrolling down and reading his last 15 tweets or so in order, he goes through most of the stages of grief in his tweets. 

Seems like he seriously went all or almost all in on it. 

Here's a more hilarious one that happened recently too. 

Looks like he bought in the 20s and chased it down, that wasn't the problem. Reading his tweets it seems that he gambled more than he could afford to lose.

I really do smell bullshit on the monkeypox thing though.

Being cynical I do think the Luna/UST thing was pretty clever, probably a government or two behind it.

Getting central bankers out to denounce crypto is a pretty crap FUD compared to actually breaking a few. 

7 hours ago, Boon said:

Looks like he bought in the 20s and chased it down, that wasn't the problem. Reading his tweets it seems that he gambled more than he could afford to lose.

I really do smell bullshit on the monkeypox thing though.

Being cynical I do think the Luna/UST thing was pretty clever, probably a government or two behind it.

Getting central bankers out to denounce crypto is a pretty crap FUD compared to actually breaking a few. 

No, it was a classic case of techies meet wall street sharks.  That's only going to end one way when it comes to wheeling and dealing - the sharks eat EVERYTHING.  Which they did.  Go read up on how Blackrock and others completely shafted LUNA by exploiting the lack of trading knowledge of the founder.

When a man with money meets a man with experience, the experienced man gets the money and the man who used to have money now has experience.

Well clearly the US government are not gonna be getting their hands dirty by borrowing those coins under their own name.

Nothing to say that behind the scenes that the initial idea could have formed by them. 

I mean, if I was a government and I wanted to increase the appeal of a CBDC I would be employing loads of people to look at every currency for potential weak spots. Of course this could never be publically admitted.

I don't think they would care too much about the 'profit', the decrease in crypto's appeal is pretty much payment itself for a competitor.

Thus I would expect there to be more cases like these in future.

Seems to me though why shouldn't it happen? Crypto must be like an even more wild west version of the junior miners, and if there was a fraud in the latter people would just say it was par for the course.

Archived