Jump to content
DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The Mazda MX5 RF


Hail the Tripod

Recommended Posts

Hail the Tripod

What a beauty!

I always loved the 911 targa design. It looks fucking amazing on the new MX5. And very affordable.

F3A7B2CD-EF63-41E9-ADF3-D266BFB2C8EB.jpeg.396c16ce02f1b00a988f8f418d342b4c.jpeg335CA78E-20A1-4E87-857C-F2D60BA2F1B7.jpeg.9e3cf4be194724518f025c517b6c01ec.jpeg

I must say I’m quite tempted to buy one.

  • Agree 4
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bobthebuilder
16 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I must say I’m quite tempted to buy one.

I own a 2009 2lt 16v MX5, I can for sure say, it is the best car I ever had. Reliability, running cost and fun factor. Great cars.

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 2
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

something seems a bit off to me. could probably do with some bigger wheels and a better choice of alloys. even the RF GT Sport Tech doesn't quite sell it enough for me. if you're tempted I wouldn't hesitate!

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23rdian
47 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

What a beauty!

I always loved the 911 targa design. It looks fucking amazing on the new MX5. And very affordable.

F3A7B2CD-EF63-41E9-ADF3-D266BFB2C8EB.jpeg.396c16ce02f1b00a988f8f418d342b4c.jpeg335CA78E-20A1-4E87-857C-F2D60BA2F1B7.jpeg.9e3cf4be194724518f025c517b6c01ec.jpeg

I must say I’m quite tempted to buy one.

The thing that puts me off Mazda's is rust. Long term granted.

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Democorruptcy
1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

What a beauty!

I always loved the 911 targa design. It looks fucking amazing on the new MX5. And very affordable.

F3A7B2CD-EF63-41E9-ADF3-D266BFB2C8EB.jpeg.396c16ce02f1b00a988f8f418d342b4c.jpeg

I must say I’m quite tempted to buy one.

If you do buy one make sure it hasn't got 2 dents in it like the one pictured.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

What a beauty!

I always loved the 911 targa design. It looks fucking amazing on the new MX5. And very affordable.

F3A7B2CD-EF63-41E9-ADF3-D266BFB2C8EB.jpeg.396c16ce02f1b00a988f8f418d342b4c.jpeg335CA78E-20A1-4E87-857C-F2D60BA2F1B7.jpeg.9e3cf4be194724518f025c517b6c01ec.jpeg

I must say I’m quite tempted to buy one.

Yep, been lusting after one of these for a couple of years. Not sure where I’d put the lab though.   

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Uncle Buck Rogers
2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

What a beauty!

I always loved the 911 targa design. It looks fucking amazing on the new MX5. And very affordable.

F3A7B2CD-EF63-41E9-ADF3-D266BFB2C8EB.jpeg.396c16ce02f1b00a988f8f418d342b4c.jpeg335CA78E-20A1-4E87-857C-F2D60BA2F1B7.jpeg.9e3cf4be194724518f025c517b6c01ec.jpeg

I must say I’m quite tempted to buy one.

I didn't know you cut hair?

 

 

 

 

I like these too. :-)

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl Fimble
1 hour ago, One percent said:

Yep, been lusting after one of these for a couple of years. Not sure where I’d put the lab though.   

You don't need to be cooking meth ALL the time you know. You could at least have s break from it while driving. 

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

You don't need to be cooking meth ALL the time you know. You could at least have s break from it while driving. 

I’m very tempted to take the hound to the dealership and say, if you can find a way of getting it in the car, I’ll have one.  Mind, it does smack of a very late onset mid life crisis.  xD

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bobthebuilder
3 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I always loved the 911 targa design. It looks fucking amazing on the new MX5. And very affordable.

I did not realise it was a new design. Been having a look at the Mazda website today, got to agree, its a great looking car for the price.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
35 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m very tempted to take the hound to the dealership and say, if you can find a way of getting it in the car, I’ll have one.  Mind, it does smack of a very late onset mid life crisis.  xD

I take myself to the dealership and say it you can find a convertible I can fit in I will buy it.

Many years of disappointment. I doubt this one would be any different.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The XYY Man
10 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I take myself to the dealership and say it you can find a convertible I can fit in I will buy it.

Many years of disappointment. I doubt this one would be any different.

Why not just find a car you do fit in, and then get it custom converted into a convertible...???

Seems to be the pragmatic solution to your so-called problem Wighty...

 

XYY

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
Just now, The XYY Man said:

Why not just find a car you do fit in, and then get it custom converted into a convertible...???

Seems to be the pragmatic solution to your so-called problem Wighty...

 

XYY

We did that with an old mini many years back.

The handling is shite once you have sawn the roof off. Who would have guessed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The XYY Man
1 minute ago, Wight Flight said:

We did that with an old mini many years back.

The handling is shite once you have sawn the roof off. Who would have guessed?

Hang on, you claim to be six foot four, and yet you chose a Mini...????????

Get to fuck, you're clearly taking the piss...

 

XYY

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
Posted (edited)
Just now, The XYY Man said:

Hang on, you claim to be six foot four, and yet you chose a Mini...????????

Get to fuck, you're clearly taking the piss...

 

XYY

 

Minis have bloody good headroom. 

Edited by Wight Flight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Minis have bloody good headroom. 

There is nothing mini about a mini. I’ve the clubman and it’s huge.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The XYY Man
6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Minis have bloody good headroom. 

Hang on, are we talking modern Minis, or the old-style ones...???

 

XYY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The XYY Man
5 minutes ago, One percent said:

There is nothing mini about a mini. I’ve the clubman and it’s huge.  

We're talking about headroom, not tit and arse-room..!

;)

 

XYY

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
10 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Hang on, are we talking modern Minis, or the old-style ones...???

 

XYY

Old ones. I did try a newer one before I bought my fiat, but I needed to recline the seat so much even Douglas Bader would have struggled to get in the back.

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hail the Tripod
12 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

We're talking about headroom, not tit and arse-room..!

;)

 

XYY

Is that a first for DOSBODS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The XYY Man
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Is that a first for DOSBODS?

Could well be mate. Next up, @spygirl speaks the truth...!!!

Nah, just shitting you. There's about as much chance of that happening as Micheal J. Fox successfully shoplifting tambourines...!

;)

 

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
  • Lol 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23rdian
2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I take myself to the dealership and say it you can find a convertible I can fit in I will buy it.

Many years of disappointment. I doubt this one would be any different.

I can fit in them some of them by lowering myself in with the roof down. That's not super practical though as an everyday car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don Coglione
2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

I take myself to the dealership and say it you can find a convertible I can fit in I will buy it.

Many years of disappointment. I doubt this one would be any different.

Rolls Royce Dawn?

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
3 minutes ago, 23rdian said:

I can fit in them some of them by lowering myself in with the roof down. That's not super practical though as an everyday car.

I fit in all of them with the roof down.

Perhaps I should just get a Morgan and a garage.

And a spare car for the other 320 days of the year.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

whitevanman
23 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I fit in all of them with the roof down.

Perhaps I should just get a Morgan and a garage.

And a spare car for the other 320 days of the year.

Have you tried a TVR? Peter wheeler was 6’6” and built the cars to fit himself. Everyone needs a V8 in their life

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...