DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

How the fuck do we pay it back

King Penda

King Penda

Some people will get over 1000 shiney pounds and if benifits go up in line with inflation has sky are on about that could easily be an extra 10% .those on benifits and the left will realise scream loud and for long enough and they throw money at you .this is economic suicide how the fuck will they get it back extend retirement to 72 ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One percent
2 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Some people will get over 1000 shiney pounds and if benifits go up in line with inflation has sky are on about that could easily be an extra 10% .those on benifits and the left will realise scream loud and for long enough and they throw money at you .this is economic suicide how the fuck will they get it back extend retirement to 72 ?

The great reset.  :)

King Penda
1 minute ago, One percent said:

The great reset.  :)

People will be hung if that comes to pass the pure blood conspiracy mob were on that issue 2 years ago

King Penda
1 minute ago, Joncrete Cungle said:

Printy printy.

Yes but that will rocket interest rates on morgages and the national debt ,maybe we could sell Scotland to the Chinese we would get fuck all for wales and no doubt iraland would put a bid in for the top bit of Ireland 

Firstly, I think Pishy has been a bit tricky by giving one-off lump sums instead of just raising the actual benefit levels. Just like a bonus at work instead of a salary raise, this won't compound in future years.

Secondly, the 25% extra tax offset by 19% credit for investment pretty much gaurantees this will raise very little extra money, due to the oil companies just investing all their profits in exploration. While this handout has been described as funded by the new tax, in reality it will be printy all the way. Good for future oil supply, bad for shareholders short-term but potentially good long-term. The 6% net additional tax on some(?) profits is likely seen as a bargain for political cover by the oil companies themselves IMO.

The actual spending is pure waste however, and will no doubt fund a lot of PS5s and Nandos by people that will plead poverty when the actual energy bills the money was intended for land.

reformed nice guy

The choice is default, currency devaluation, productivity rising faster than debt or inflation.

Default we can (hopefully) rule out.

Devaluation hasnt worked because everyone is devaluing depending on how you measure it.

Productivity rising faster than we can add to the debt pile is unlikely. Saint Rashford & the Poverty Industry LLC, boat people, Diversity Inc. and various other parasites will keep demand growth up. Workers are thinking "whats the point" more and more.

Inflation it is then!

With a crooked smile
2 hours ago, King Penda said:

Ultimately at some point the tide will turn and the benefits brigade will experience real poverty.

Rishi Dothead's 'Helicopter Money'.

Princely sum of a whole £450.  Ooooooh!   £450!!!

But you'll be paying that back in your bills, and a lot more besides, don't worry.

All DOSBODERs know this, I would hope.  Of course, the thicko scumbags who dutifully wore their Gob Swastikas, informed on their neighbours, anti-socially distanced, nasally raped themselves at regular intervals and dived into hedges to avoid their fellow man DO NOT KNOW IT.

It's a publicity stunt at best, and vote buying at worst.

As for whether those useless-eater filth and tattooed underclass breeders can afford to heat their bennie-funded hovels I don't fucking care. In fact, I hope most of them do freeze or starve to death. Scum, the lot of them.

StephenW

Will financial intervention from the government add fuel to the fire of inflation? If the government don't intervene, will this help bring down inflation?

Ed Conway, economics and data editor:

You've hit the nail on the head. It's hard to see how what was announced today will not be seriously inflationary. 

Not only are we seeing lots of big giveaways, the chancellor is also essentially "baking in" some of the price rises by increasing benefits and pensions in line with CPI inflation next year. 

However, the alternative would be to impose large falls in living standards on millions of people. Welcome to the thorny, uncomfortable world of inflation-fighting…

One percent
Just now, Calcutta said:

Anything that happens between now and the crash is just pissing in the wind. Black Monday will change everything. 

How do you know it will happen on Monday?  

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

How do you know it will happen on Monday?  

Probably not this Monday. Most likely September-October time.

But when even the msm is talking about recessions and crashes then its got to be coming. 

7 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

But when even the msm is talking about recessions and crashes then its got to be coming. 

When everybody puts the heating on... we're TOAST!

One percent
Just now, XswampyX said:

When everybody puts the heating on... we're TOAST!

Well yes, that’s how heating works.  It gets you all nice and toasty.   :)

10 minutes ago, Calcutta said:

Black September.

I like the sound of that.

Or maybe 'Black August'. Tried a few times to get into that novel - found it totally unreadable for some reason. I found most of the author's other stuff to be quite interesting/intriguing if viewed through a sceptical prism but .... hey, I tried.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_August_(novel)

I doubt I’m eligible for any of Rishi Sunshine’s announced handouts today. Perhaps £400 discount off of electricity/gas bills for all households? Not sure. No doubt that it won’t be “free” for me in the future! It’ll be clawed back!

Fuck you Rishi. My garage is stacked with enough smokeless fuel/logs at today’s prices to last more than one winter. Aiming currently for enough stashed to last me at least two winters. After that….well I dread to think about the state of the uk.

At least my multi fuel stove (when it’s on) has added benefits, apart from warmth and looking after my home by adequate heating, it’s useful for making soup/casseroles/curry etc plus heating water and reheating pre prepared food.

I have no idea how current affairs for the masses will pan out but I can’t say I feel hopeful at all. Just looking after myself, my offspring and home as best I can.

Nice cash payment direct to all benefit claimants, over £1000 in total gain because prices have gone up. 

But anyone working for their money instead gets less money due to taxes having gone up. 

Every month there's a new 'fuck you' to all tax payers it seems, it can't keep going for much longer. 

One percent
2 minutes ago, Myco said:

Nice cash payment direct to all benefit claimants, over £1000 in total gain because prices have gone up. 

But anyone working for their money instead gets less money due to taxes having gone up. 

Every month there's a new 'fuck you' to all tax payers it seems, it can't keep going for much longer. 

Yes it does feel deliberate. 

Lightly Toasted
2 hours ago, Inque said:

StephenW

Will financial intervention from the government add fuel to the fire of inflation? If the government don't intervene, will this help bring down inflation?

Ed Conway, economics and data editor:

You've hit the nail on the head. It's hard to see how what was announced today will not be seriously inflationary. 

Not only are we seeing lots of big giveaways, the chancellor is also essentially "baking in" some of the price rises by increasing benefits and pensions in line with CPI inflation next year. 

However, the alternative would be to impose large falls in living standards on millions of people. Welcome to the thorny, uncomfortable world of inflation-fighting…

Impose? Impose? >:( 

The wording is carefully chosen to make it sound as if there's no other moral choice, as if nobody except for the state has any agency.

The imposition of today's hardship was done years ago, not least by those who decided to cram at least twice as many people (largely unskilled and work-shy) on these islands, as can comfortably be supported here.

Still, at least it's a CPI uplift not an RPI one :)

Lightly Toasted
9 minutes ago, Myco said:

And don't ask for an inflation-matching pay rise, or it'll be your fault when it gets worse.

In the meantime, benefit claimants don't even have to ask.

edit: if I was still an employee/contractor, this would make me extremely militant about getting the biggest pay rise I could manage.

One percent
4 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

And don't ask for an inflation-matching pay rise, or it'll be your fault when it gets worse.

In the meantime, benefit claimants don't even have to ask.

edit: if I was still an employee/contractor, this would make me extremely militant about getting the biggest pay rise I could manage.

Do you think that dosbods should officially support RMT?  I do. Good for them withdrawing their labour when the bennie class is automatically given a cost of living rise.  

Lightly Toasted
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Do you think that dosbods should officially support RMT?  I do. Good for them withdrawing their labour when the bennie class is automatically given a cost of living rise.  

It certainly undermines any government argument that a pay rise would be inflationary!

Green Devil
5 hours ago, King Penda said:

Yes but that will rocket interest rates on morgages and the national debt ,maybe we could sell Scotland to the Chinese we would get fuck all for wales and no doubt iraland would put a bid in for the top bit of Ireland 

A) the rich dont pay interest on morgages

B) the benefit scroungers dont have morgages or pay morgage interest

There you are, sorted. The working poor will pay for it. They are the only mugs with morgages. As its always been and always will be. The middle always pays. 

Archived