DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Ebay Shop setup?

markyh

Question

markyh
Posted (edited)

Anyone know any good online guides to setting up an Ebay shop?  Dont need and advice on products or Marketing, it's more need guidance on the actual setup and layout of an ebay Shop and how to do it, products in groups / sections, adding logos and fluff etc. 

Edited by markyh

9 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

It is all self-explanatory and ebay will walk you through the basics.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/ebay-stores/managing-ebay-shop?id=4090

If you want to follow a guide/walkthrough your best bet will be to youtube search exactly what you require help for. Or ask a specific question in here and I will help where I can.

To clarify when you mention layouts do you mean categories within the front end shop? or listing templates?

Are you going to be running a separate website and any other marketplaces? Do you want to import stock/pricing and generate listings. Do you need to export sales and financial data?

Edited by A_P

Posted (edited)

Don’t bother no-one ever looks at eBay shops anyway. Just focus on the individual listings and, unless it’s niche, pricing as anything but the lowest on there will sell zilch.

Edited by SNACR

markyh
10 hours ago, SNACR said:

Don’t bother no-one ever looks at eBay shops anyway. Just focus on the individual listings and, unless it’s niche, pricing as anything but the lowest on there will sell zilch.

It's a semi niche area for industry, and i have found i have bought a few linked items from peoples ebay shops in the past for carriage combining. 

markyh
22 hours ago, A_P said:

It is all self-explanatory and ebay will walk you through the basics.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/ebay-stores/managing-ebay-shop?id=4090

If you want to follow a guide/walkthrough your best bet will be to youtube search exactly what you require help for. Or ask a specific question in here and I will help where I can.

To clarify when you mention layouts do you mean categories within the front end shop? or listing templates?

Are you going to be running a separate website and any other marketplaces? Do you want to import stock/pricing and generate listings. Do you need to export sales and financial data?

Was being lazy, tried a few Youtube searches on setting up an ebay shop an every result came back all about marketing and drop shipping, fees. don't want that stuff. Wanted a walk though setting up the shop guide with categories within the shop for different product types. 

I may just hire a youth locally as i really cant be arsed to sit there for hours designing layouts a shit. Listing templates is not an issue, i have sold stuff on ebay for years and listings aint difficult for flogging old stuff. Needs more jazz for a shop listing tough. 

No not setting up a linked webshop or other marketplaces, or importing of stock / pricing to generate listings. 

Dave Beans

Are you going to use a separate premises for this?  AFAIK, you have to use an address at the end of the listing (most people end up using their home address)...then you have a number of weirdos then turn up..

...but then so many people masqurade as private sellers on there, to get around this, but then how much you sell can be capped...you also break ebay's Ts&Cs (not that a lot of people care), which can get you banned.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, markyh said:

Was being lazy, tried a few Youtube searches on setting up an ebay shop an every result came back all about marketing and drop shipping, fees. don't want that stuff. Wanted a walk though setting up the shop guide with categories within the shop for different product types. 

I may just hire a youth locally as i really cant be arsed to sit there for hours designing layouts a shit. Listing templates is not an issue, i have sold stuff on ebay for years and listings aint difficult for flogging old stuff. Needs more jazz for a shop listing tough. 

No not setting up a linked webshop or other marketplaces, or importing of stock / pricing to generate listings. 

You seem to be confusing layouts and listing templates.

An ebay shop doesn't need more jazz. If you think it does fair enough. A rare customer will click through onto your shop and specifically search for and through it.

If you want to go the "pro" route try here

https://www.frooition.com/minimal-ebay-theme.html

Cheaper alternatives are available.

I don't think you're being lazy when you're supposedly a high IQ tech bitcoin trillionaire tech whizz.

Edited by A_P
  • Lol 2

belfastchild
2 hours ago, Dave Beans said:

AFAIK, you have to use an address at the end of the listing (most people end up using their home address)...then you have a number of weirdos then turn up..

Any Internet business is supposed to have a physical address somewhere on their website, and yes I have had weirdos knocking the door.

'Was just looking a bit of advice, saw you were local and thought I'd call round for a chat

' no problem, ill just get my card reader'

Dave Beans
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, belfastchild said:

Any Internet business is supposed to have a physical address somewhere on their website, and yes I have had weirdos knocking the door.

'Was just looking a bit of advice, saw you were local and thought I'd call round for a chat

' no problem, ill just get my card reader'

AFAIK, Ebay doesn't allow PO Box numbers...nor does Amazon (I was contemplating dropshopping at one point)...could you have one for a Shopify website?

Edited by Dave Beans

belfastchild
5 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

AFAIK, Ebay doesn't allow PO Box numbers...nor does Amazon (I was contemplating dropshopping at one point)...could you have one for a Shopify website?

No idea.

I just remember being told it was a legal requirement many years ago. Facebook doesn't have them but I found pages there setup automatically for my various businesses by them trolling other white pages. I had to 'claim' them ffs.

US host sites don't see to be as picky.