• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
blobloblob

W H O Goodwill Ambassador

sometimes, especially in Africa you have to do things differently. Mugabe has redistributed the land, resulting in an economic reset and a short term disaster, these things can't be done peacefully, but in 100 years he will be regarded as a visionary impo. We only hear bad stories about Mugabe, just like Trump.

How many times have we called for land reform in the UK? yet most the land is still owned by the same 20,000 families that were given it in 1066, I sure wish our land had been redistributed a few hundred years ago.

Edited by snagger

27 minutes ago, snagger said:

Mugabe has redistributed the land, resulting in an economic reset and a short term disaster, these things can't be done peacefully, but in 100 years he will be regarded as a visionary impo.

Splice and dice the land up between the populace and they can then sell it to a new generation of speculative landowners.

In the short term the natives can then boast how well they have done and what a good man mugabe was.

Its like QE but done with land.

45 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

It's a generational shift, it will take longer than our lifetimes to see if it has worked, and we wont be here to comment, but the concept of all the good land owned by a few rich settlers was something that needed reforming.

13 minutes ago, snagger said:

It's a generational shift, it will take longer than our lifetimes to see if it has worked, and we wont be here to comment, but the concept of all the good land owned by a few rich settlers was something that needed reforming.

Agreed it was a European land grab, but I bet all Bob's relatives own it now.o.O

When I worked in the M

2 hours ago, snagger said:

sometimes, especially in Africa you have to do things differently. Mugabe has redistributed the land, resulting in an economic reset and a short term disaster, these things can't be done peacefully, but in 100 years he will be regarded as a visionary impo. We only hear bad stories about Mugabe, just like Trump.

How many times have we called for land reform in the UK? yet most the land is still owned by the same 20,000 families that were given it in 1066, I sure wish our land had been redistributed a few hundred years ago.

tbh, I just don't see how turning productive farms into wasteland is good for Zimbabwe. I've heard stories about land getting seized and the irrigation systems being sold as scrap metal...

Mugabe has been in power for nearly 4 decades. At what point do you just accept he's been a disaster for white and black Rhodesians? The lesson from Africa is that Africans struggle to build modern successful economies.

Africans have been blaming the white man for 200 years. I bet in a hundred years time they'll be complaining that the white man abandoned them and took their irrigation systems...

3 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

When I worked in the M

tbh, I just don't see how turning productive farms into wasteland is good for Zimbabwe. I've heard stories about land getting seized and the irrigation systems being sold as scrap metal...

Mugabe has been in power for nearly 4 decades. At what point do you just accept he's been a disaster for white and black Rhodesians? The lesson from Africa is that Africans struggle to build modern successful economies.

Africans have been blaming the white man for 200 years. I bet in a hundred years time they'll be complaining that the white man abandoned them and took their irrigation systems...

Looking at most African countries in the central belt nowadays they are mostly economically owned by the chinese.