• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Cunning Plan

53 officers dead in Cairo?

I had a look at it earlier. Thought it interesting that today Hamas and Fatah signed a deal in Cairo over Gaza - basically will no longer kill each other and just concentrate on killing Israelis instead. Both sides also fear that they will become yesterday's go-to Palestinian groups with the rise of other more militant groups in the area.

The 53 dead Egyptian officers is interesting - what a use of language - because the number of 'militants' killed seems to be much, much smaller. Only 15 died.

The police had gone there after a tip-off so it sounds like they walked into an ambush.

More 'benefits' of the Arab Spring.

Didn't see anything about the previous attack on our B.B.C. News probably because they were busy covering Weinstein, Catalonia, WFA scandal, and in particular the Rohingyas.....but this attack was covered briefly. It seems to be a seriously badly planned mission by Egyptian authorities which they are embarrassed to admit.

" The incident comes a few days after militants staged a brazen daylight attack in the heart of el-Arish, the largest city in the Sinai Peninsula, attacking a church and a nearby bank and reportedly making away with some $1 million. Seven people were killed in the Monday attack. "

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-egypt-raid-20171021-story.html

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Sinai is increasingly a part of the world controlled by ISIS style islamic nutters. No worries though, stil time to book a cheap holiday in the sun.

I used to go to Port Said a lot. It's where the helicopter airport is.

Just now, MrPin said:

I used to go to Port Said a lot. It's where the helicopter airport is.

My 90 yr old neighbour was based there on national service in the RAMC. He was enlisted but wangled that he could wear desert shoes and people would salute him thining he was an officer.

Anyhow, he said that one night we was working late on blood tests whilst there was a dance at the base. He eventually finished the tests and decided to pop over to the dance.

On the way he noticed that the camp was very quiet - he said it was pitch black away from the lights - and, walking to the dance hall, he came across a sentry who had been attacked with, IIRC, a knife. The base was under attack and everyone was in the dance hall.

Imagine being in his position.

My uncle did his national service in Egypt too. I don't think it's any worse than some other places I have seen.

Cairo I reckon is safer than London.

Just now, The XYY Man said:

I'd take you as being an Airwolf man rather than one of them Blue Thunder wankers...!

;)

XYY

No, it was just a Bell 414, and I didn't get to have a go driving it.

12 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

My 90 yr old neighbour was based there on national service in the RAMC. He was enlisted but wangled that he could wear desert shoes and people would salute him thining he was an officer.

Anyhow, he said that one night we was working late on blood tests whilst there was a dance at the base. He eventually finished the tests and decided to pop over to the dance.

On the way he noticed that the camp was very quiet - he said it was pitch black away from the lights - and, walking to the dance hall, he came across a sentry who had been attacked with, IIRC, a knife. The base was under attack and everyone was in the dance hall.

Imagine being in his position.

Interesting that the So-Called BBC are broadcasting "The Last Post".  A drama based on a military base in Aden in the 1950/60s. Haven't noticed the propaganda bias yet. It portrays the hostility towards the British colonial rule and the disconnect with how the British population were led to believe colonial rule was harmonious with the local population.

It wasn't until the late 1960s that I heard talk of how dangerous it was to live under British colonial rule in places like Kenya. An airline pilot I spoke to told me how there needed to be armed guards in hotels to deter violent locals.  Obviously we knew about large scale civil disorder during the Mau Mau troubles, but he was referring to later more peaceful periods.

31 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Interesting that the So-Called BBC are broadcasting "The Last Post".  A drama based on a military base in Aden in the 1950/60s. Haven't noticed the propaganda bias yet. It portrays the hostility towards the British colonial rule and the disconnect with how the British population were led to believe colonial rule was harmonious with the local population.

It wasn't until the late 1960s that I heard talk of how dangerous it was to live under British colonial rule in places like Kenya. An airline pilot I spoke to told me how there needed to be armed guards in hotels to deter violent locals.  Obviously we knew about large scale civil disorder during the Mau Mau troubles, but he was referring to later more peaceful periods.

Yes, but as history has since shown us - as soon as the British were gone many of them simply ended up fighting and killing each other. That was certainly the case in Africa. Less so in bits of S E Asia that were once under British colonial rule.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Yes, but as history has since shown us - as soon as the British were gone many of them simply ended up fighting and killing each other. That was certainly the case in Africa. Less so in bits of S E Asia that were once under British colonial rule.

Quite, they didn't know how lucky they were to be ruled by us O.o. I think they realise it now which is why so many of them want to live over here. 

25 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Fucking animals :PissedOff:

Poor woman :(

True, but personally I wouldn't cover myself in meat juice and climb into a cage of ravening wolves. Not a perfect analogy but given the high tensions running at that time, looking like she does and knowing what groups of young male Arabs can be like, it's not far off.  Glad she lived to be wiser and to tell the tale.

16 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

True, but personally I wouldn't cover myself in meat juice and climb into a cage of ravening wolves. Not a perfect analogy but given the high tensions running at that time, looking like she does and knowing what groups of young male Arabs can be like, it's not far off.  Glad she lived to be wiser and to tell the tale.

Yes indeed, it's like sticking fireworks up your arse. And then complaining there was no warning on the box.

3 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

I think many western women are stupidly naive about islam.

They have no idea that islam views women generally with contempt and non muslim women as sub human to be used at will.

Woman live Eve are viewed as temptators of men guilty for causing the fall of man.

Mohammed himself said he had seen hell and it was full of women.

This woman learned the hard way. Odd that she's south African I would have expected her to be more street wise.