• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Bbc Merkin child brides

Theres just been a fucking insane news item - shock at age some people can get married in the US.

True some states dont have formal age. Some are 14.

I had a chat about this a few years. Although the law techically allows u der 16 marriage youd need to get oarental and a pass from a judge, which is virtually impossible if the youngest us under 16, or even under 18 or 21.

The article implied it was common. Its fucking not.

Fucking stinking article with no figures or hard facts.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Theres just been a fucking insane news item - shock at age some people can get married in the US.

I had a chat about this a few years. Although the law techically allows u der 16 marriage youd need to get oarental and a pass from a judge, which is virtually impossible if the youngest us under 16, or even under 18 or 21.

It was the Beeb, on another SJW crusade. They'd found one or two bad cases(though I noticed the woman concerned in one of them was born in 1959 so the case happened in late 60s to early 70s) and tried to leave the impression that all over America it was happening all the time.

That said, whether it happens very much in reality or not, I'd say a change in the law to prevent child brides wouldn't go amiss.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Quick. Shut down US entertainment!

https://www.thoughtco.com/jerry-lee-lewis-marriage-to-13-year-old-cousin-2523387

You see if there are extremely uncommon cases of child marriage from 40 or 50 years ago, then it means that all Americans are inbred and backwards.

But the apparent de facto legalisation of child marriage in Germany and Sweden for certain members of the community shows how tolerant and inclusive they are.

5 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

It was the Beeb, on another SJW crusade. They'd found one or two bad cases(though I noticed the woman concerned in one of them was born in 1959 so the case happened in late 60s to early 70s) and tried to leave the impression that all over America it was happening all the time.

That said, whether it happens very much in reality or not, I'd say a change in the law to prevent child brides wouldn't go amiss.

Again, some states have no age.

But ...

To get married when you are under 18 needs both parents consent and a waiver from a judge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-41727495/why-does-the-us-have-so-many-child-brides

'Angel was 13 when her mother forced her to marry and start a family. "I felt like a slave," she says of her childhood.

While countries like Zimbabwe, Malawi and El Salvador have recently banned child marriage, it remains legal in the US - and half of states have no set minimum age below which you cannot get married.

For the So-Called BBC's America First? series the So-Called BBC's Aleem Maqbool is exploring health and social issues where the US, the richest country in the world, does not perform well in international rankings.'

See! US worse than the 3rd world!

Its total crap. As I said earlier youd need consent from both parents and a judge.

Rates of child marriage are on this site.

Here is the map showing which countries, the dark ones, have a problem.  I am sure that the So-Called BBC will be doing a similar headline story for every country shown here in which child marriage is significantly more widespread than in the US.

https://www.girlsnotbrides.org/where-does-it-happen/

Map.jpg

Right,

Im going to have to rename this thread.

Here's the So-Called BBC's american reporter, Aleem Maqbool , again.

In his series - America First?

Americans cannot fucking read:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-41754308/the-americans-who-can-t-read

Yes, America has a number of failings and is a long way from perfect.

A large part of its failings is the US accepting hordes of people from all aroudn the world and the problems that cuases.