DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Kate Bush

lid

This crazy vixen captivated everyone 40 years ago and barring a bit of a comeback concert in 2014 she's been under the radar for all that time. come on Kate give us a comeback tour you genius. 

Turns out the kids are cottoning onto her 

• Agree 1

I imagine she's hit 'the wall' harder than charlie in top gun, where I gather there's no reference or mention of her in the sequel, so leave her as a recluse with only images of past glory rather than another Abba that also refused to perform in their prime so now have cgi avatars doing their live performances, and people still paying to watch it. xD

Frank Hovis
1 hour ago, Upsettah said:

Prefer to just remember her back when this made the charts. What a track. And what a video.

Superb.

Her songs are so familiar to those of us of a certain age that we can forget just how good they are.

Wuthering Heights was astounding and came out of nowhere at a dire musical low time of Boney M, US easy listening and country, punk, ABBA and the Brotherhood of Man.

That Placebo cover is ok but the original is better IMHO.

• Agree 4

Don Coglione
21 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Superb.

Her songs are so familiar to those of us of a certain age that we can forget just how good they are.

Wuthering Heights was astounding and came out of nowhere at a dire musical low time of Boney M, US easy listening and country, punk, ABBA and the Brotherhood of Man.

That Placebo cover is ok but the original is better IMHO.

Oi, leave ABBA out of this!

• Agree 1
  • Lol 2

Bobthebuilder
3 hours ago, spunko said:

The Placebo version is better than hers IMO. One of the few examples of a better cover.

I am a massive Kate fan, her family home is just down the road from me in Welling, I think her brother still lives there.

Amazing song writing and the performances are above many. A lot of bands have done great covers over the years, but its still the genius song writing that shines through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awjE92YZeEQ

Kate Bush is number one, thanks to Stranger Things

Originally released in 1985, the song has enjoyed a new lease of life after featuring in the Netflix sci-fi show Stranger Things.

After reaching number two last week, it has now replaced Harry Styles' As It Was in the top slot.

Bush said she was "overwhelmed by the scale of affection" for her song.

"It's all happening really fast, as if it's being driven along by a kind of elemental force," the star said in a statement. "I have to admit I feel really moved by it all."

The achievement comes 44 years after Bush last reached number one, with her debut single Wuthering Heights.

That four-decade gap is the longest in chart history, beating Tom Jones, who had to wait 42 years between Green Green Grass of Home reaching the top in 1966 and his next number one, the charity single (Barry) Islands in the Stream.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 2

On 13/06/2022 at 19:10, Bobthebuilder said:

I am a massive Kate fan, her family home is just down the road from me in Welling, I think her brother still lives there.

She lived in Eltham for a fairly long time, she used to occasionally shop in the Sainsbury's where I worked. She would have to come round the back to collect as she didn't want to go in to the main shop.

She was genuinely really nice, a bit shy and for the most part I'd be interacting with her driver.

• Cheers 1

Bobthebuilder
6 minutes ago, gilf said:

She lived in Eltham for a fairly long time, she used to occasionally shop in the Sainsbury's where I worked. She would have to come round the back to collect as she didn't want to go in to the main shop.

She was genuinely really nice, a bit shy and for the most part I'd be interacting with her driver.

Court road, just opposite Eltham Palace. She sold it years ago and the new owner stuck some gates on with a tacky "wuthering heights" written on them, still there today.

Her old family home is on Wickham Street in Welling, her brother Owen Bush still runs a blacksmith business there, the fields behind the house are now for horses and ponies for kids to ride. I presume her money is still behind all that.

• Agree 1

Funny, the mother in law messaged last night with a video of running up that hill from the Olympics. The repeaters are out in force again.

It is quite amazing the force that Stranger Things/Netflix has over people.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Court road, just opposite Eltham Palace. She sold it years ago and the new owner stuck some gates on with a tacky "wuthering heights" written on them, still there today.

Her old family home is on Wickham Street in Welling, her brother Owen Bush still runs a blacksmith business there, the fields behind the house are now for horses and ponies for kids to ride. I presume her money is still behind all that.

Sorry, yes indeed family home was in Welling, that wasn't me suggesting you were incorrect. Although she did live in Eltham for a good few years.

"Wuthering Heights" has recently been "done up", you can buy it for £3 million if you fancy. 

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11561076.inside-wuthering-heights-kate-bushs-former-eltham-home-on-sale-for-3m/

• Cheers 1

Bobthebuilder
13 minutes ago, gilf said:

Sorry, yes indeed family home was in Welling, that wasn't me suggesting you were incorrect. Although she did live in Eltham for a good few years.

"Wuthering Heights" has recently been "done up", you can buy it for £3 million if you fancy. 

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11561076.inside-wuthering-heights-kate-bushs-former-eltham-home-on-sale-for-3m/

Did not think you were suggesting anything, I am green with envy that you have served her groceries.

On 21/06/2022 at 14:30, gilf said:

I went to Eltham today, I walked into the paint shop and guess who was playing on the music system?

• Agree 1

Bedrag Justesen
2 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

I went to Eltham today, I walked into the paint shop and guess who was playing on the music system?

Steve Ignorant.

Kate Bush interview on Woman's Hour - 22 June 2022