• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Does anyone care about the Royal Family?

Apparently annivissary of Betsy being shacked with that bloke from the kebab shop.

60 years of greek lurve. Im surprised she can still ride a horse.

Thing is, ive no real interest one way or the other. If i bumped into one id neither bow or string them up. Just disinterest.

I have google to see if Princess Boobs had been papped. Now those are real crown jewels.

I did have a look at waity kateys papped pair. Stick to the day job luv.

I think that it is absolutely great that we have a Royal Family and that the Queen has a constitutional role.

So yes I do care about them as I want the role to continue.

But no, I have no interest in the minutiae of their lives.

Just now, eight said:

I don't get the point if convention dictates that she never uses her constitutional role. She was probably the only could person who could have reigned in nulabour yet she failed to do so. After that, she can go and do one as far as I'm concerned.

Royalists say things like "So you would have preferred a President Blair would you?" Sorry, but from where I'm sitting that's exactly what we got.

El Dictatorero Blairesto.

I quite liked the queen mum.  

The only one that's at all 'appealing' at the moment is Harry, and that's likely just a reflection of his specific selection from the gene-pool.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

The only one that's at all 'appealing' at the moment is Harry, and that's likely just a reflection of his specific selection from the gene-pool.

Nicely worded Sir! I doff my cap at your carefully crafted statement that will not adversely affect your ‘social credit score’ in years to come. Well played.

9 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'll be a bit blunter. He isn't actually a member of the royal family and thus why he comes across as completely different from them. 

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think that it is absolutely great that we have a Royal Family and that the Queen has a constitutional role.

So yes I do care about them as I want the role to continue.

But no, I have no interest in the minutiae of their lives.

One of my mates cleaned the Queen's bog at Buck Ho, when I was in that business.

IMO the Queen, Phil and and their kids are good as are WIlliam and Harry

They work hard for the UK, whether that is pleasing crowds at county shows, opening plaques, representing the UK or writing letters that either make things happen or open doors for individuals that would otherwise remain closed due to bureaucracy or not having a big enough voice.

I like Harry's character and William and Kate seem decent and do a good job for the UK overseas. Must admit I don't have any time for funding the other grandchildren, but that is largely ignorance of what they do (good enough reason perhaps). It'll be interesting to see if the Monarchy survives with Will and Kate or if the 21st C sees the world move on.

Edited by Hopeful

Some here may not care or be interested, but many millions, not just in Britain but all over the world do.

The interest in and prestige of the Royal Family is one of the many things that (still) make Britain great despite the present woeful calibre of our politicians (of all colours) and the selfshness, pointlessness and futility of a large proportion of British citizens today.

You would end up with a series of pompous, patronising, self centered twats put forward by the two big parties, they would choose ex PMs of the calibre of Tony the Twat Blair.

Better the right royal ones you know and appear in the newspapers and gossip sheets all over the world, especially if they are of breeding age.

They are worth far more money.

Edited by Chewing Grass
forgot patronising

Five reasons I love Princess Anne.

Because she:

1) Has won lots of Olympic showjumping shit.

2) Drives cars pretty fast.

3) Has real teeth that look like they're false.

4) Regularly tells people to fuck off.

5) Accepts the shittier jobs that Charlie and company are too soft for - such as opening Hartlepool's "Middleton Grange" shopping centre in 1970.

Mind she drew the short-straw there alright. I was in the crowd on that day - and proudly shouted "cunt" as she walked past...!

She often used to tell Emlyn Hughes the story of the foul-mouthed Northern five year-old when they were on the set of "A Question Of Sport".

After they'd supped some Drambuie, ate some pheasants, and had a quick shag...

XYY

PS - some of the above may not actually be true... ;)

Edited by The XYY Man

I quite like Brenda, I think she has the right attitude towards service - it's not a job I'd want. I think that when she dies their popularity will wain. There's too many of them - the bald one and his dull wife, the ginger one and his Yank. Then there are the two that look like ugly horses, daughters of Andrew. Not forgetting the loon who talks to his plants (feel sorry for the plants) and his fugly wife.

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Because she:

5) Accepts the shittier jobs that Charlie and company are too soft for - such as opening Hartlepool's "Middleton Grange" shopping centre in 1970.

Mind she drew the short-straw there alright. I was in the crowd on that day - and proudly shouted "cunt" as she walked past...!

She often used to tell Emlyn Hughes the story of the foul-mouthed Northern five year-old when they were on the set of "A Question Of Sport".

XYY

Anne is ok.

4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Because she:

XYY

I hope that bit is true.

Me? Don’t give a fuck, because (in order of importance):

A. They’re German

B. They’re shape shifting reptiles 

5 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I quite like Brenda, I think she has the right attitude towards service - it's not a job I'd want. I think that when she dies their popularity will wain. There's too many of them - the bald one and his dull wife, the ginger one and his Yank. Then there are the two that look like ugly horses, daughters of Andrew. Not forgetting the loon who talks to his plants (feel sorry for the plants) and his fugly wife.

Anne is ok.

Yup, Anne is OK, Andrew is OK too. Charles is also OK on topics I know.  I think Phil is brilliant in conversation and at putting pompous twats in their place and Queenie is very good.

6 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Anne is ok.

OK...?

Oh......Fucking......Kay...!!!!!

She is the Royal family's Kate Adie - and is much more than "OK" my friend...!

She deserves our love and respect for her efforts over the years.

I mean no cunt tried to nick any of her jewellery when she was in Hartlepool - what greater tribute can she ever be paid than that...?

;)

XYY

1 hour ago, eight said:

I don't get the point if convention dictates that she never uses her constitutional role. She was probably the only could person who could have reigned in nulabour yet she failed to do so. After that, she can go and do one as far as I'm concerned.

Royalists say things like "So you would have preferred a President Blair would you?" Sorry, but from where I'm sitting that's exactly what we got.

What I don't really understand is their role during the mass immigration seeing as President The Liar would supposedly be seeing Her Majesty every week and presenting the policies of his government. 

That's The Liar who would have sworn the Oath of Allegiance along with all the other MPs.  It's not allegiance to UK people.

Since 2008 Prince Charles is now Defender of Faith (meaning all faiths).  That superceded his role as Defender of the Faith.

Presumably they all go along with all the dramatic changes that the UK has been undergoing in the past 2 decades.

Edited by twocents