• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
dgul

The young are allowed to be stupid

I think this is a disgrace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-41724540

This chap has had to resign because of stupid, offensive stuff he said 13 years ago when he was 21-23.  I think 23 year olds are allowed to do stupid stuff without it destroying their future careers.

Actually, I think that those who are (now) 35 understand that there's a pile of awful stuff online that they said and that they're embarrassed about, but that is true of everyone -- indeed, it is only the boring ones that don't have a load of embarrassing stuff about them all over the place.

It is only the oldies that think it is awful, and they've only not got embarrassing stuff all over the place because the recording technology hadn't been invented when they were 23.

Perhaps it is time we had a statute of limitations for 'stupid stuff you say'.  I'd even include 'going to a party in a Nazi uniform' or explicit sex taken by a mate through the bedroom window. 

I might exclude actually being a Nazi.

What he said about Jamie Cullum is pretty much Hate Speech or at least a Thought Crime.

" In the same post, he said of Cullum: “It would be no great loss to the music world if he was sodomised with his own piano and subsequently died of a sore arse. In fact, it would be quite funny.”

3 minutes ago, wherebee said:

yes, something you should all learn from Trump is NEVER apologise to these fucks.  Always double down.  I would have said  - yes, she was fat then.  Was I wrong?

Agreed. I hate it when they apologise. Have the courage of your convictions, I say. 

1 hour ago, Mirror Mirror said:

Diane Abbottopotamus got away with it (just about).

Harriet Harman and the Paedophile Information Exchange was just "one of those things", wasn't it?

McManus did win xfactor cos she was fat. People were getting bored of the pretty boys always winning.

I would think most 23 year old lads might like a session with girls aloud. 

And the remarks about a piano don't even make sense.

It's hardly worthy of front page news.  The other thing that goes unchallenged is that people had no idea that they should be careful with what they posted on the internet 13 years ago. We didn't have this ridiculous PC culture back then and the internet was in its infancy.

Most people I know are totally fed up with political correctness. It's time there was a massive backlash, but I don't see one coming, it's just getting worse. And now we seem to have not only the media but large corporates trying to teach us about morals! wtf

Most posters on here have said things that might look worse. We'll probably be strung up in 25 years time for not abiding to the standards of 2042.

Edited by BigV

7 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Labour MP hoist by own petard == limited sympathy from me.

Labour have tethered them to the momentum chariot - good chance it will drag the whole mess over the cliff. 

What's the homophobic comment? Is it so offensive it can't be printed, or so weak that to print it would lessen the impact of calling him homophobic?!

an orgy with girls aloud, how awful!

girls_aloud_2012.jpg?width=796&height=42

well I wouldn't do the fat burd #2 but #1 and #4 are ok.

From Girls Aloud to Thunder Thighs:-

gallery-1501870619-girlsaloud.jpg

although in this recent shot maybe only #1 (middle) is passable, the rest look like candidates for the female obesity thread!

Edited by davidg

I think this is great news.

It's a shot across the bows to all MP's which they will hopefully remember when they're considering nonsense hate speech legislation which over reaches into normal discourse, and forbids the expression of any critical opinions. 

If any criticism is hate, and hate is verboten, then we're all fucked.

1 hour ago, BigV said:

McManus did win xfactor cos she was fat. People were getting bored of the pretty boys always winning.

I would think most 23 year old lads might like a session with girls aloud. 

And the remarks about a piano don't even make sense.

It's hardly worthy of front page news.  The other thing that goes unchallenged is that people had no idea that they should be careful with what they posted on the internet 13 years ago. We didn't have this ridiculous PC culture back then and the internet was in its infancy.

Most people I know are totally fed up with political correctness. It's time there was a massive backlash, but I don't see one coming, it's just getting worse. And now we seem to have not only the media but large corporates trying to teach us about morals! wtf

Most posters on here have said things that might look worse. We'll probably be strung up in 25 years time for not abiding to the standards of 2042.

Most of those TV talent shows X-factor, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice can basically be described as find a person who can sing like a music star but the reason they're not a star already is because they're fugly.

53 minutes ago, LC1 said:

What's the homophobic comment? Is it so offensive it can't be printed, or so weak that to print it would lessen the impact of calling him homophobic?!

He used the terms poofter and fudge packer and said to try being ginger and disabled if you want to know what being discriminated against is like.

17 minutes ago, This Time said:

He used the terms poofter and fudge packer and said to try being ginger and disabled if you want to know what being discriminated against is like.

Thanks. 

Well, hanging is too good for him, if you ask me. 

Very disappointing. As a ginger, he should have more empathy for other oppressed minorities.