• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Mummy Can we keep him?

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Well, they seem happy together in the photos. I also checked out that photo with the car in the background - car reg - to double check that they were not in the UK before I posted.

Yeah maybe but my first thought was in what universe does a news organisation feel that this is newsworthy in the UK.  I guess it is the So-Called BBC though.  I'm just trying to work out their angle and agenda.  

19 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yeah maybe but my first thought was in what universe does a news organisation feel that this is newsworthy in the UK.  I guess it is the So-Called BBC though.  I'm just trying to work out their angle and agenda.  

The African section is shockkingly powerful wtihin the So-Called BBC News dept. It has seemingly increased in power in recent years some might argue. Lots of our money is spent on employing people from Africa to make us feel guilty IMPO. There was a time when I used to care about all this stuff but now I have reached a point where if we don't know what is going on would we be any better or any worse off?

I think somebody else posted this one but it's worth a re-post as a metaphor for modern Britain:

Lynne Barber rescues a pet which then bites the dotty old bat and so has to go back.

There is so much gold in this piece. Her holiday (Tuscany?), her lovely Polish cleaner (with dubious attitudes to foreigners), the way her daughter has to sleep on the couch as Muhammad now has her room (but that's fine), her lovely tennis club pals with their designer hand-me-downs, her suspicion of racism everywhere, Muhammad's rant against Christians etc. Read and enjoy:

DA-pnKiXsAAV7HR.jpg

https://marketing.thetimes.co.uk/discover/articles/lynn-barber-i-took-an-asylum-seeker-into-my-home-it-didnt-end-well?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social_Paid&utm_campaign=Unspecified&UTMX=Sprinklr+Paid%3AThe+Times+&+The+Sunday+Times%3AImage+and+link%3AUnspecified%3A

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

2 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Our B.B C. spends far too much time covering stories relevant to people in this country.

The situation in Birmingham for example where nobody is having their rubbish collected because of a dispute between council and unions, been going on for weeks, our B.B.C. hammering it to death on every bulletin citing public health crisis.

Meanwhile the shocking events in the United States Of America, whereby the President of the United States Of America, telephoned a widow in the United States Of America, of a fallen United States Of America serviceman and caused her horrific trauma by stumbling in pronouncing La David, instead saying his name almost without the La, only correcting himself at the last moment. Can you imagine the hurt feelings of this poor woman in the United States Of America ? Can you reflect for a moment on the outcry from senior politicians on all sides, and people in showbusiness, that are all shocked that the President of the United States Of America tweeted he disagreed with her version of events.

This is major news yet troublingly our B.B.C. News barely covered it, only briefly allowing their United States Of America Correspondent Jon Sopel to condemn President Trump.

Instead they just keep banging on about rats the size of cats roaming Britain's 2nd city. It's in The Midlands FFS - nobody cares!

And the So-Called BBC did not report the widow who released a moving audio recording of Trump ringing her up some time ago re the death of her husband in combat.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Amazing story. What an incredible thing for someone to do for someone else. I am not sure that I could or would do that. Well done her.

Well they had met before. Would you not help a friend?o.O

6 minutes ago, JackieO said:

Err no

A kind lady took in a druggie in this country.

Gave him basic work, had him stay etc etc

One day he stabbed to death the woman and her 13 yo son and had a good go a killing the father too.

You don't bring rabid dogs home.

That horrific story is not this story thought is it?

This is the sort of story that only actually makes sense when it is revisited in 5 years time.

Early October, FFS.

[BTW, it looks scamfull to me.  I'd hate it to be so, because it seems like a nice story of a nice person helping someone that needed help (but who'll likely prove to be a nightmare in 6 months time...), but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that the international coverage had many thousands of people 'just donating a fiver, just to do my bit'...]

5 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

I think somebody else posted this one but it's worth a re-post as a metaphor for modern Britain:

Lynne Barber rescues a pet which then bites the dotty old bat and so has to go back.

There is so much gold in this piece. Her holiday (Tuscany?), her lovely Polish cleaner (with dubious attitudes to foreigners), the way her daughter has to sleep on the couch as Muhammad now has her room (but that's fine), her lovely tennis club pals with their designer hand-me-downs, her suspicion of racism everywhere, Muhammad's rant against Christians etc. Read and enjoy:

DA-pnKiXsAAV7HR.jpg

https://marketing.thetimes.co.uk/discover/articles/lynn-barber-i-took-an-asylum-seeker-into-my-home-it-didnt-end-well?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social_Paid&utm_campaign=Unspecified&UTMX=Sprinklr+Paid%3AThe+Times+&+The+Sunday+Times%3AImage+and+link%3AUnspecified%3A

“I am a political leader!  

As much as anything else that stood out for me - with access to a computer etc etc etc.

It makes you question how much the authorities favourably placing him in her apparently nice house knew about that.

Edited by twocents

7 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Our B.B C. spends far too much time covering stories relevant to people in this country.

The situation in Birmingham for example where nobody is having their rubbish collected because of a dispute between council and unions, been going on for weeks, our B.B.C. hammering it to death on every bulletin citing public health crisis.

Meanwhile the shocking events in the United States Of America, whereby the President of the United States Of America, telephoned a widow in the United States Of America, of a fallen United States Of America serviceman and caused her horrific trauma by stumbling in pronouncing La David, instead saying his name almost without the La, only correcting himself at the last moment. Can you imagine the hurt feelings of this poor woman in the United States Of America ? Can you reflect for a moment on the outcry from senior politicians on all sides, and people in showbusiness, that are all shocked that the President of the United States Of America tweeted he disagreed with her version of events.

This is major news yet troublingly our B.B.C. News barely covered it, only briefly allowing their United States Of America Correspondent Jon Sopel to condemn President Trump.

Instead they just keep banging on about rats the size of cats roaming Britain's 2nd city. It's in The Midlands FFS - nobody cares!

What the fuck kind of a name is La David anyway? If you don't want someone to mispronounce your name then have a fucking normal one.

I would have called him La and though his middle name was David.

8 minutes ago, the gardener said:

What the fuck kind of a name is La David anyway? If you don't want someone to mispronounce your name then have a fucking normal one.

I would have called him La and though his middle name was David.

Indeed. And why is it feminine? Should be El David surely!

13 hours ago, twocents said:

As much as anything else that stood out for me - with access to a computer etc etc etc.

It makes you question how much the authorities favourably placing him in her apparently nice house knew about that.

What stood out for me was at the end she said she is ready to take in another asylum seeker. I hope poor Dorata is no longer working for her.