Jump to content
DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

IGNORED

Absolute state of it


sarahbell

Recommended Posts

With a crooked smile

Obviously doesn't mean it will sell for that. Some people chuck houses on for way over the odds for the first 2 weeks to a month.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One percent
7 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Lick if magnolia and bang the tenants in.

Job done.

Why would you waste paint on tenants?  Get the legal requirements done and move them in 

  • Lol 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

leonardratso

looks quaint and rustic to me, i might buy if i can find some spare cash down the back of the settee.

I have 5 dogs that i need to house, i know most of oldhams inhabitants love dogs.

I wont of course be moving in myself. Just the dogs (since they attacked and tried to kill me).

  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love that despite the house clearly being a dump the estate agent has nonetheless done the usual photo filters and photoshopping in a fake sky* to make it look aspirational.

* same clouds from every angle, amazing

Edited by Darude
  • Informative 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PatronizingGit

The new tenants will be 12 men called mohammed, who've only just turned 18 after having their asylum app approved each waiting for their wife(s) to join them & get a new housing association occupancy rubber stamped. 

 

They wont be choosy for the duration they are in there for. Its nicer than a Karachi squat, at least. 

Edited by PatronizingGit
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PatronizingGit said:

The new tenants will be 12 men called mohammed, who've only just turned 18 after having their asylum app approved each waiting for their wife(s) to join them & get a new housing association occupancy rubber stamped. 

 

They wont be choosy for the duration they are in there for. Its nicer than a Karachi squat, at least. 

The new inhabitants of the above house will all be here legally and sponsored by a local slumlord. Young men mostly who will work in the gig/cash economy for a few years,get UK citizenship and bring their wives/families over.

The Tories have issued a record 1 million visas in countries like Pakistan during the last 12 months. 

As predicted, post Brexit mass immigration from third world shitholes is now official government policy, so their BS posturing over illegals in the channel is irrelevant. The numbers are truly staggering. The current Tories make Blair and Brown look quite conservative on immigration.

Edited by tank
  • Agree 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
5 minutes ago, tank said:

The new inhabitants of the above house will all be here legally and sponsored by a local slumlord.

The Tories have issued a record 1 million visas in countries like Pakistan during the last 12 months.

This is the real issue not a few dinghy sailors in the channel.

Yep. Look over here, not over there.

It was ever thus.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Curious Pattern

Prices and the market are so crazy that, heaven help me, I wouldn't write off this mess. It depends how shit the area is and if it's structurally sound despite the large amount of work required inside.

(I wouldn't ever live in a terrace again though)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like a Homes under the Hammer classic to me.

Buy at £90k, a £10k basic refurb.

£750 a month rental gives a 9% yield, jobs a good'un.

Voids and expenses don't exist in their world.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Boon said:

Seems like a Homes under the Hammer classic to me.

Buy at £90k, a £10k basic refurb.

£750 a month rental gives a 9% yield, jobs a good'un.

Voids and expenses don't exist in their world.

 

I'm astonished by how high the asking rents are in OL9. £849 for this?

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/123555224#/?channel=RES_LET

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

Really horrific

a 3 bed nearer me was on for 1100 a month though with a front garden. 

 

Weekly LHA rate for June 2022

Central Greater Manchester BRMA

Shared Accommodation Rate:
£75.50 per week
One Bedroom Rate:
£138.08 per week
Two Bedrooms Rate:
£149.59 per week
Three Bedrooms Rate:
£166.85 per week
Four Bedrooms Rate:
£218.63 per week

Oldham & Rochdale BRMA

Shared Accommodation Rate:
£66.39 per week
One Bedroom Rate:
£90.90 per week
Two Bedrooms Rate:
£103.85 per week
Three Bedrooms Rate:
£126.58 per week
Four Bedrooms Rate:
£159.95 per week

I'm the Manchester side of Oldham's LHA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

King Penda
On 29/06/2022 at 13:11, Boon said:

Seems like a Homes under the Hammer classic to me.

Buy at £90k, a £10k basic refurb.

£750 a month rental gives a 9% yield, jobs a good'un.

Voids and expenses don't exist in their world.

 

It’s leasehold wtf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
44 minutes ago, King Penda said:

It’s leasehold wtf

Very probably a 999 year leasehold so about 900 years left on it.

Always worth checking though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Weekly LHA rate for June 2022

Central Greater Manchester BRMA

Shared Accommodation Rate:
£75.50 per week
One Bedroom Rate:
£138.08 per week
Two Bedrooms Rate:
£149.59 per week
Three Bedrooms Rate:
£166.85 per week
Four Bedrooms Rate:
£218.63 per week

Oldham & Rochdale BRMA

Shared Accommodation Rate:
£66.39 per week
One Bedroom Rate:
£90.90 per week
Two Bedrooms Rate:
£103.85 per week
Three Bedrooms Rate:
£126.58 per week
Four Bedrooms Rate:
£159.95 per week

I'm the Manchester side of Oldham's LHA.

Ineresting. Your Manchester LHA 3 bed rate of £166.85 is the same as ours to the penny.

There are 14 3 beds available currently. Two are on at £950, the rest are well over £1,000.

The two at £950 will go for more than that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sarahbell
6 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Ineresting. Your Manchester LHA 3 bed rate of £166.85 is the same as ours to the penny.

There are 14 3 beds available currently. Two are on at £950, the rest are well over £1,000.

The two at £950 will go for more than that.

 

So do the graphs of properties match too that they use for the calculation?

I have long assumed it's a fiddle on the figures.

And does NOTHING to get rents to any sort of sensible level

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wight Flight
50 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

So do the graphs of properties match too that they use for the calculation?

I have long assumed it's a fiddle on the figures.

And does NOTHING to get rents to any sort of sensible level

I don't know how they do the calculation.

Was just interested that they were the same.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...