• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Sexual Harrasment or General Lewdness

I find all this emphasis on sexual harrassment quite at odds with yesteryear when women generally gave more than they got.

When I first started work there was a clerical in the engineering office who would proudly tell everyone as she arrived whether she was wearing knickers or not and would quite often go braless in a loosely crocheted top.

A former colleague would also tell the tale of his first day at a die casting company who emoloyed large numbers of women, on entering the shop floor there were shouts of 'keep your fucking hands off him I'm having him first.'

This was the 1970s and 1980s when uptight PCness hadn't crawled over from the USA.

Hand on heart, Ive never sexually harassed a owman (or man, i drink beer ffs) at work.

In terms of sexual banter/ innuendo and all that, Ive only with women I know i.e. I dont go in their fresh and come out with ' What has two thumbs and make love like a tigerg ..'stuff.

I had a 1 month contract at a clothing place - 95% women. I was molested and grabbed.

Which brings me back to the So-Called BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41741615

For balance, what is the figure for men?

The aticle prduces some figures. Then ignores them and goes on about womens experience.

Fuckign nuts.

21 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Hand on heart, Ive never sexually harassed a owman (or man, i drink beer ffs) at work.

In terms of sexual banter/ innuendo and all that, Ive only with women I know i.e. I dont go in their fresh and come out with ' What has two thumbs and make love like a tigerg ..'stuff.

I had a 1 month contract at a clothing place - 95% women. I was molested and grabbed.

Which brings me back to the So-Called BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41741615

For balance, what is the figure for men?

The aticle prduces some figures. Then ignores them and goes on about womens experience.

Fuckign nuts.

I can't believe only 20% of men have had 'inappropriate comments'.  I also can't believe only 50% of women have.

I think it is closer to 100%, and the survey reflects what proportion care about it.

[I'd add that there is a difference in gender proportion of younger staff that are propositioned by older staff with an implied 'it'll be good for your career'.  But that is a different problem*.]

Edited by dgul

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I can't believe only 20% of men have had 'inappropriate comments'.  I also can't believe only 50% of women have.

I think it is closer to 100%, and the survey reflects what proportion care about it.

What women, when asked if anyone has ever thrown a few 'comments' in their direction is going to say 'no, I am too fucking ugly for that to happen'?

Apart from Susan Boyle. 

I worked in a pea factory as a student many years ago. Someone would fill up a rubber with water and send it through the blancher. It would bounce down the pea line past loads of women picking out stones etc.

They'd all piss themselves laughing and shout out...'It's not big enough'.   Haha...how times change.

Women even used to get wolf whistles from building workers before all the PCness. 

Now it all safety hats, Hi-Vis clothing, breathing masks, ear protectors, reinforced elbows and knees, safety glasses and sturdy boots and gloves etc - that's the building workers.

(I'm not saying they don't serve a purpose of course).

Edited by twocents

From the So-Called BBC link

Sarah Killcoyne, from Cambridge, told BBC News she was sexually assaulted when she was still in education by two different men - a school teacher when she was a teenager and later by a college professor.

She said: "I would very much like to see the people around the predators - we know there's only a few of them - to stop enabling them."

Assuming they were true assaults as she describes I imagine they would be awful for her.

The enabling word is interesting as I guess there must have been some significant enabling going on with Savile and the So-Called BBC and maybe in some other places and it does get mentioned from time to time -  but enabling doesn't seem to be an offence?

What about the bint that is complaining that George Bush senior groped her in a photo. FFS the old bastard is 93, when you're that age you don't give a flying fuck and no PC shit will convince you to do so. Being an ex-president makes no difference whatsoever when you're about to face the Reaper.

The poor women who work in retirement homes get much worse than that, every working day of their lives, they mostly don't whine, they just brush the old gits off and say now now Mr XYZ I'm not here for that. And the male ones get the same from some of the old biddies.

Message to precious snowflake girls and boys - it's life and how people are, get used to it!

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The 70s were lewd times, just like out of a Carry On film, or Chaucer. What happened?

Weren't lewd enough for my liking, why couldn't my biology teacher have been like the pervy ones that shag their students, specifically specky skinny me and not the class alpha loudmouth? I wouldn't have said a word, she'd definitely have kept her job! Can still see her in that clingy green summer dress, angel-faced with melons front and rear...:wanker:

I find all these media stories quite odd - if this continues the only possible conclusion is to segregate the sexes, be it in the workplace, classroom, public transport, nightclubs, streets, etc. Which I thought was the exact opposite to where feminism started by wanting to join men in the world of work. Weird.

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

I find all this emphasis on sexual harrassment quite at odds with yesteryear when women generally gave more than they got.

When I first started work there was a clerical in the engineering office who would proudly tell everyone as she arrived whether she was wearing knickers or not and would quite often go braless in a loosely crocheted top.

A former colleague would also tell the tale of his first day at a die casting company who emoloyed large numbers of women, on entering the shop floor there were shouts of 'keep your fucking hands off him I'm having him first.'

This was the 1970s and 1980s when uptight PCness hadn't crawled over from the USA.

I remember starting work and taking and  collecting stuff from Word Processing, it was like walking into a brothel. At the works Christmas party they requested a song for me 'this is for Panther in Department 7 from the girls in Word Processing', Sex Machine by James Brown

3 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

I find all these media stories quite odd - if this continues the only possible conclusion is to segregate the sexes, be it in the workplace, classroom, public transport, nightclubs, streets, etc. Which I thought was the exact opposite to where feminism started by wanting to join men in the world of work. Weird.

The main motivation for it as far as I can see is to encourage women who are victims of genuine sexual assaults to report them (as they should) but by widening it to pretty much any word, deed, or gesture that is gender-dependent, such as telling a colleague she has a nice dress on, the effect is that people become less chatty and friendly at work and it all becomes a much more grey and miserable place to be.

It's the overeaction that gets me.  When I worked in the City (small company) we had in reception jazz mags as a way to encourage brokers to visit us after lunch; and the more seedy ones would hold them up to the female receptionists saying "look at the tits on that" or similar.  Now I thought that was bang out of order, and said so though I was fairly junior and didn't really get a say, but having seen that sort of thing disappear the ideologues have then carried on to the next crusade to the point where it is quashing basic human interaction between the sexes.

Ha ha! I know what Frank means. I'm not, and have never been Mr Gropey, but I've certainly a lewd sense of humour. And women aren't daft, and they get that! It's harmless fun.o.O

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Ha ha! I know what Frank means. I'm not, and have never been Mr Gropey, but I've certainly a lewd sense of humour. And women aren't daft, and they get that! It's harmless fun.o.O

Maybe some of them are daft and want to be wrapped up in a burka

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Bloody minefield (especially for men), when I was a teenager I would have been uncomfortable with comments and innuendo - if the person was physically close to me - a wolf whistle didn't bother me as it was generally at a distance. As I got older the jokes etc don't bother me, I developed the confidence to give as good as I got. Groping at any age would be unacceptable.

44 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Bloody minefield (especially for men), when I was a teenager I would have been uncomfortable with comments and innuendo - if the person was physically close to me - a wolf whistle didn't bother me as it was generally at a distance. As I got older the jokes etc don't bother me, I developed the confidence to give as good as I got. Groping at any age would be unacceptable.

I could do it remotely, with a radio controlled walking frame.o.O

3 hours ago, The Idiocrat said:

That's where the missus thinks it is going, with burds in burkas soon.