DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Just stop luxuries.

sarahbell

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/20250778.expensive-busiest-trendiest-parts-oldham-buy-house-revealed/

Cllr Max Woodvine, a Conservative councillor for Saddleworth South, said: “I am 21 and have just bought my first house in Saddleworth North (the second highest according to ONS) and my simple message is this – work, save, prioritise spending, and seek a mortgage. 

“Many young people fall into a trap of renting, but this is not necessary.

“I had no financial support from my family and managed to save a deposit in a matter of months.

“Of course, this meant I had to forgo luxury for a short time, but I’ll be better off long-term because of it.

King Penda

It’s where you live not what you earn I could buy another terrace on fucking benifits if I wanted and if it were legal.let’s see him do it in London so easily on an avarage local wage.

Just now, sarahbell said:

Fucking leasehold soft twat

Just now, King Penda said:

It’s where you live not what you earn I could buy another terrace on fucking benifits if I wanted and if it were legal.let’s see him do it in London so easily on an avarage local wage.

And having an extra £10k for being a councillor (plus extras and expenses)

King Penda
4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

And having an extra £10k for being a councillor (plus extras and expenses)

That helps but take a gander at this it’s not that old an house so in theory should be fairly economical to run it’s where you live ps leasehold imo.https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/114262484?utm_campaign=property-details&utm_content=buying&utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=copytoclipboard#/&channel=RES_BUY

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/20250778.expensive-busiest-trendiest-parts-oldham-buy-house-revealed/

Cllr Max Woodvine, a Conservative councillor for Saddleworth South, said: “I am 21 and have just bought my first house in Saddleworth North (the second highest according to ONS) and my simple message is this – work, save, prioritise spending, and seek a mortgage. 

“I had no financial support from my family and managed to save a deposit in a matter of months.

“Of course, this meant I had to forgo luxury for a short time, but I’ll be better off long-term because of it.

Well I am a conservative, but it saddens me to see a young man being so sensible

The man should go far in politics, a great twisting of the truth.

Of course at those prices it is possible save a deposit if you have no outgoings and live like a hermit; I suppose if you class your parents charging you £0 for rent and food as not financial support he could be right.

9 minutes ago, Boon said:

The man should go far in politics, a great twisting of the truth.

Of course at those prices it is possible save a deposit if you have no outgoings and live like a hermit; I suppose if you class your parents charging you £0 for rent and food as not financial support he could be right.

I am not so sure.

I am a great admirer of Boris Johnson who is a lying, amoral son of a bitch, but fun with it.

This kid seems sensible and hardworking and who the hell will vote for a dreary bastard like that?

I never had any financial support from my family either but I never expected it nor crowed about it in public as I'm sure if my parents were able to give me some money for a deposit they would have, but they never had any spare. I always find it distasteful when people mention things like this in public, my parents would no doubt feel embarrassed.

You also have to question why a 21 year old would want to be a local Councillor. There is little financial benefit to doing , apart from the expenses. From the young Councillors that I know, they all work in planning so it's similar to an extra curricular activity or hobby even.  But this guy works as in a school. Odd.

King Penda
20 hours ago, humdrum said:

I am not so sure.

I am a great admirer of Boris Johnson who is a lying, amoral son of a bitch, but fun with it.

This kid seems sensible and hardworking and who the hell will vote for a dreary bastard like that?

Agreed you need people like me in politics I won’t get drunk and grope young men.I’d put some of these fit young Ukrainian girls over my desk to show I’m all for immigration.I’d bring back the Pirelli calendar but based at number 10.

King Penda
1 minute ago, spunko said:

You also have to question why a 21 year old would want to be a local Councillor. There is little financial benefit to doing , apart from the expenses. From the young Councillors that I know, they all work in planning so it's similar to an extra curricular activity or hobby even.  But this guy works as in a school. Odd.

Ego or moving into real politics in time 

1 hour ago, King Penda said:

Agreed you need people like me in politics I won’t get drunk and grope young men.I’d put some of these fit young Ukrainian girls over my desk to show I’m all for immigration.I’d bring back the Pirelli calendar but based at number 10.

Well, you have my vote :Jumping:

King Penda
4 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Well, you have my vote :Jumping:

Well we have a clown up against Russia and a guy with dementia running America China has a dictator for life now and so does Russia the worlds in regression politically 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

I never had any financial support from my family either but I never expected it nor crowed about it in public as I'm sure if my parents were able to give me some money for a deposit they would have, but they never had any spare. I always find it distasteful when people mention things like this in public, my parents would no doubt feel embarrassed.

We have always been happy to help our children out, but as you say, they rarely asked.

Or maybe I didn't understand.

I remember when my daughter was at uni and asked for some money. So I said yes, because that is what fathers do.

And she went on and on until finally I said for Christ's sake dolly. Shut up, I agreed half an hour ago.

Great idea kids, but do they ever listen to a word you say? Do they bugger.

4 minutes ago, King Penda said:

Well we have a clown up against Russia and a guy with dementia running America China has a dictator for life now and so does Russia the worlds in regression politically 

Yeah, well, that will probably sort itself out. It usually does. In the meanwhile,just give us some more details of you and the Russian and Ukrainian immigrant ladies. With photos if possible:Jumping:

At the age of 21 I'm sure this guy has lots of experience of keeping your head down, nose to the grindstone year in year out to reach a long term financial goal and didn't simply borrow lots of other people's money to buy what he wanted now.

On 03/07/2022 at 20:38, sarahbell said:

Sounds like a young man who's read the script from Tory HQ.

Greater Manchester's population is likely to double over the next decade, so his modest looking house is likely to double in value as credit expansion continues unabated.

No doubt he'll soon acquire landlord status as this is a prerequisite to becoming a Tory MP. 😃😃

On 03/07/2022 at 11:38, sarahbell said:

Royal British Legion Graphic

Membership Support Officer

Royal British Legion

Oct 2021 - Jun 20229 months

West & South Yorkshire

Covering South & West Yorkshire I supported the Branches and Members across these county areas. I received high praise for my competency and confidence to do this job. My ability and efficiency were also praised. In this role, I have:
• Supported the County and Branches to recruit Members, offer community support services and work co-operatively, as volunteers. I have also trained Members.
• Supported Branches to create Bank Accounts and save money as charitable organisations on a local…

•  
    • Support Staff - St. Edward's School

Sep 2019 - Oct 20212 years 2 months

Oldham, England, United Kingdom

Partaking in this position has provided a wealth of experiences that are not only applicable to Schools but to most places of employment. In this role, I have:

• Supervised classes of children in the absence of the teacher and managing behaviour, leading classes of children where required, working on a 1-1 and group basis with children.
      • Supported both teaching and administrative staff while assisting with tasks.
      • Worked closely and communicate with staff and students of all…

•  
  • Social Media - St. Edward’s Church

Jun 2018 - Jan 20201 year 8 months

Lees, Oldham

Thats his work history.

Theres nothing on there to suggest he could afford a 220k house.

He be lucky to be able to run a v cheap car on the pay of all of those.

BurntBread
On 04/07/2022 at 10:11, King Penda said:

I’d bring back the Pirelli calendar but based at number 10.

WTF @King Penda. Does that mean Theresa May for the odd months and Maggie for the even ones?

King Penda
1 minute ago, BurntBread said:

WTF @King Penda. Does that mean Theresa May for the odd months and Maggie for the even ones?

No the Ukrainian hotties I’d employ ,macron would think what a good idea but he would have strapping young Africans in his version 

Frank Hovis
4 hours ago, spygirl said:

Royal British Legion Graphic

Membership Support Officer

Royal British Legion

Oct 2021 - Jun 20229 months

West & South Yorkshire

Covering South & West Yorkshire I supported the Branches and Members across these county areas. I received high praise for my competency and confidence to do this job. My ability and efficiency were also praised. In this role, I have:
• Supported the County and Branches to recruit Members, offer community support services and work co-operatively, as volunteers. I have also trained Members.
• Supported Branches to create Bank Accounts and save money as charitable organisations on a local…

•  
    • Support Staff - St. Edward's School

Sep 2019 - Oct 20212 years 2 months

Oldham, England, United Kingdom

Partaking in this position has provided a wealth of experiences that are not only applicable to Schools but to most places of employment. In this role, I have:

• Supervised classes of children in the absence of the teacher and managing behaviour, leading classes of children where required, working on a 1-1 and group basis with children.
      • Supported both teaching and administrative staff while assisting with tasks.
      • Worked closely and communicate with staff and students of all…

•  
  • Social Media - St. Edward’s Church

Jun 2018 - Jan 20201 year 8 months

Lees, Oldham

Thats his work history.

Theres nothing on there to suggest he could afford a 220k house.

He be lucky to be able to run a v cheap car on the pay of all of those.

Yes, BOMAD.  Or maybe he's been blackmailing that Pincher bloke.

It's odd to hear that from soemone so young.  I had a conversation with a small business owner a couple of years ago which turned to how young people couldn't afford to buy a house and she was initially agreeing but then came out with her having bought her first house at 18 through giving up luxuries or words to that effect.

I remember in the early mid nineties where you could buy flats in coastal Cornwall for £15k, not particularly nice ones I grant you (view of the chemist's rather than the sea), but now they would be £150k. 

Giving up luxuries won't o'erleap that tenfold increase.

Democorruptcy
8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes, BOMAD.  Or maybe he's been blackmailing that Pincher bloke.

It's odd to hear that from soemone so young.  I had a conversation with a small business owner a couple of years ago which turned to how young people couldn't afford to buy a house and she was initially agreeing but then came out with her having bought her first house at 18 through giving up luxuries or words to that effect.

I remember in the early mid nineties where you could buy flats in coastal Cornwall for £15k, not particularly nice ones I grant you (view of the chemist's rather than the sea), but now they would be £150k. 

Giving up luxuries won't o'erleap that tenfold increase.

Before you stop having luxuries to save for your deposit, you just need to have an awful lot of luxuries. Then when you stop the luxuries, your deposit will grow quicker.

Archived