• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

"the most relevant youth brand in the UK today".

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, SNACR said:

Jo Whiley was allowed to keep up her indie rock chick charade, despite being the equivalent of their target audience listening to their mum on the radio.

I used to have a bit of a thing for Jo Whiley, but one of us at least has moved on now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SNACR said:

Radio 1 was only ever listened to by commuters, truck drivers, cabbies and tradespeople under 40. Quite how they ever thought they could reach a yoof demographic, when they don't have cars or drive to school is beyond me.

Also huge inconsistencies in which DJs they put out to pasture. Jo Whiley was allowed to keep up her indie rock chick charade, despite being the equivalent of their target audience listening to their mum on the radio. Tim Westwood, a bishop's son, was also indulged with his absurd whigger act to near bus pass age. I've long wondered if his drive by shooting incident was fabricated in a futile exercise to make him more street.

I used to listen to Mark and Lard after school, and John Peel and another late righter I can't remember (female presented rock show) when trying to get to sleep during the 90s. Can't see kids doing it now, with podcasts, youtube etc? Occasionally I'll put R1 on when commuting (Muppets song on R2 fridays... can't stand it) and it always sound the same and in the end I go back to the muppets. Only ever listen to the radio in the car because its too much faff to plug my phone in and fire up spotify for a 45min commute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes listen to Grimmy in the morning as I can't stand Chris Evans at all. Often find myself flicking between stations  - anyone is better than Chris Evans. Even Fearne Cotton.

I don't know the overall figures but I'd imagine all radio use is dropping, a lot of people listen to their own choice of music via the USB or AUX socket nowadays if their car is new enough.

Either that, or young people are sick to death of being brainwashed by the So-Called BBC news output every 45 minutes. It isn't even news, just some featurette. Today's special on Newsbeat: A transgendered lesbian in Nigeria being persecuted by tribesman for refusing an FGM. Is this really of interest to 13 year olds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I sometimes listen to Grimmy in the morning as I can't stand Chris Evans at all. Often find myself flicking between stations  - anyone is better than Chris Evans. Even Fearne Cotton.

I don't know the overall figures but I'd imagine all radio use is dropping, a lot of people listen to their own choice of music via the USB or AUX socket nowadays if their car is new enough.

Either that, or young people are sick to death of being brainwashed by the So-Called BBC news output every 45 minutes. It isn't even news, just some featurette. Today's special on Newsbeat: A transgendered lesbian in Nigeria being persecuted by tribesman for refusing an FGM. Is this really of interest to 13 year olds?

If you are an aspring fanny surgeon, with your uncle's inherited medical tool set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I sometimes listen to Grimmy in the morning as I can't stand Chris Evans at all. Often find myself flicking between stations  - anyone is better than Chris Evans. Even Fearne Cotton.

I don't know the overall figures but I'd imagine all radio use is dropping, a lot of people listen to their own choice of music via the USB or AUX socket nowadays if their car is new enough.

Either that, or young people are sick to death of being brainwashed by the So-Called BBC news output every 45 minutes. It isn't even news, just some featurette. Today's special on Newsbeat: A transgendered lesbian in Nigeria being persecuted by tribesman for refusing an FGM. Is this really of interest to 13 year olds?

An ex-girlfriend used to have something to do with Radio 1 Newsbeat, in some capacity. Their remit was to produce news bulletins that were like hearing something from your mate down the pub but a mate down the pub you could trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SNACR said:

An ex-girlfriend used to have something to do with Radio 1 Newsbeat, in some capacity. Their remit was to produce news bulletins that were like hearing something from your mate down the pub but a mate down the pub you could trust.

So...Rodney?

World Affairs Rodney Trotter Says et al.

Edited by The Generation Game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SNACR said:

An ex-girlfriend used to have something to do with Radio 1 Newsbeat, in some capacity. Their remit was to produce news bulletins that were like hearing something from your mate down the pub but a mate down the pub you could trust.

Never buy a plastic garlic press.o.O

Edited by MrPin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SNACR said:

An ex-girlfriend used to have something to do with Radio 1 Newsbeat, in some capacity. Their remit was to produce news bulletins that were like hearing something from your mate down the pub but a mate down the pub you could trust.

It sounds about right... I really despise Newsbeat, it is causing so much untold damage to young people. Seriously, give it a listen if you don't know what I mean (and remember it's aimed at 13 year olds).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Is Tim still on it?

thumb_4e1db048d47200acff787c66b4aed725.j

 

Aieeeeeeee!!! Respeck!!!!

I can't find it on Youtube but there's an hilarious interview between him and some rapper when he's out in LA. The rapper invites him to come cruising round South Central LA with his crew. Poor Timmy gets so panicked, hastily declining the invitation, he forgets to put on his daft patois.

I can't remember the details but someone told me there was more to Chris Moyles departure. He was on thin ice, after complaining about his wages live on air but then it all fell apart when he had some huge bust up with comedy Dave that started to spill on air after he allegedly shagged his wife or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I can't remember the details but someone told me there was more to Chris Moyles departure. He was on thin ice, after complaining about his wages live on air but then it all fell apart when he had some huge bust up with comedy Dave that started to spill on air after he allegedly shagged his wife or something along those lines.

I suppose she's pretty enough, but she used to go out with Chris Evans.  A warning sign if ever there was one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

It sounds about right... I really despise Newsbeat, it is causing so much untold damage to young people. Seriously, give it a listen if you don't know what I mean (and remember it's aimed at 13 year olds).

 

There is something terminally sad about an organisation like the So-Called BBC where the average age of the audience is over 65 desperately trying to be relevant to yoof.

Edited by Virgil Caine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I think he was genuinely attacked.

There must be legions that would shoot him given a chance.

No pictures of his shot up car seem to be anywhere online and this article from the time reads like a press release mainly designed to tell you he's the most influential hip hop DJ in Europe and that he's thirty years old when he must have, in reality, been over 40 at the time. It would be amusing though if it was a case of pretend gangster getting mistaken for a real gangster.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/jul/20/ukguns.nickhopkins

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dgul said:

I suppose she's pretty enough, but she used to go out with Chris Evans.  A warning sign if ever there was one.

Sharp is from Durkar in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.[citation needed] Before presenting, Sharp went to the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside to study Media and Film, achieving a BA Hons degree. Her first job in TV was as a runner on Family Affairs, and she also worked in Durkar Fisheries, a fish and chip shop.[2]

Bottle blonde from Wakey, ex chippy girl.

Iy would be quicker to list the people she has not slept with ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.