DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Weight loss

Carl Fimble

Carl Fimble
4 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

He dropped the carbs.. well done.

And worked hard by the looks of things. 

• Agree 1

Roger_Mellie
7 hours ago, The Grey Man said:

He dropped the carbs.. well done.

Game changer. 

A lot of studies say macros don't matter, it's calories, which I agree with, but try having a 3000 calorie meal that's just protein and fat. Whereas with carbs... I used to have a bolognese with chips and spaghetti, wash it down with a beer then some cake and cream for desert. And still feel like I could eat more. Must have been well over 2000 calories. Once I went keto the biggest meal I ever had was an 1100 calorie mixed grill. And that was a struggle towards the end. 

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Game changer. 

A lot of studies say macros don't matter, it's calories, which I agree with, but try having a 3000 calorie meal that's just protein and fat. Whereas with carbs... I used to have a bolognese with chips and spaghetti, wash it down with a beer then some cake and cream for desert. And still feel like I could eat more. Must have been well over 2000 calories. Once I went keto the biggest meal I ever had was an 1100 calorie mixed grill. And that was a struggle towards the end. 

It's probably not conventional wisdom but a lot of protein-sources aren't very calorie dense either. 100g of flat iron steak has about 130calories, chicken breast even fewer.

Whereas 100g chips can be anything from 250calories to 500calories.

What's my point? A lot of it is about stomach capacity too.

I've just had for a cold tea 200g smoked salmon, 400g strawberries, 200g garden peas and have a decent food baby going on for only around 700calories food. 1kg is probably my upper limit for a feed - people use this concept with soups quite a lot too to kid themselves they are full. 

Timing wise the protein takes a lot of extra chewing too so it allows the feeling of hunger to dissipate mid meal.

Another factor may be the fact carbohydrates-digestion starts in the mouth, but there are no enzymes (protease) to digest protein until in the intestines. So it is sitting around for longer.

Basic Carbs should only ever be extra filler if you're too poor for quality nutrition.

• Agree 4

DoINeedOne
On 11/07/2022 at 22:12, Carl Fimble said:

This guy shows his progress from fat cunt to fighting fit, really quite impressive :

https://worldtruthvideos.website/watch/forgive-your-past-and-become-the-fighter-of-your-future_ElBxRwOAkeNDjZ8.html

1 minute and 3 seconds long. 

Complete respect to him, reminds me of the actor Ethan Suplee was shocked when i someone told me he was the guy my name is earl

Ethan-Suplee-Remember-The-Titans-Actor-Weight-Loss-Wife-Brandy-Lewis-501234664.jpeg.61cdcea61dec255ce1b51571b7840aee.jpeg

• Agree 2

Carl Fimble
6 hours ago, DoINeedOne said:

Complete respect to him, reminds me of the actor Ethan Suplee was shocked when i someone told me he was the guy my name is earl

Ethan-Suplee-Remember-The-Titans-Actor-Weight-Loss-Wife-Brandy-Lewis-501234664.jpeg.61cdcea61dec255ce1b51571b7840aee.jpeg

Yip, it's a hell of an achievement, and makes what I have to deal with look like nothing. I like his t shirt too- Die first, then quit. 

• Agree 2