DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

body vest

nirvana

For a weighted vest (presuming that's what that is) I just fill all my softflasks* with water so a few cheap and easy kilos, and stuff them in the pockets of my running pack I already have for use in trail marathon+ stuff.  B|

* I have the two that came with the vest and have since bought a few wide mouth ones for something like a tenner each off Harrier Trail Running, in different colours so can easily identify which has what in them if not just water.

• Cheers 1

What do you want it for?

If you're doing weighted pullups, a dip belt is easier to add weight to.

I wouldn't run in a weighted vest for fear of buggering my knees. Other people's mileage may vary.

1 hour ago, apples said:

What do you want it for?

If you're doing weighted pullups, a dip belt is easier to add weight to.

Yep. Clip on a 20kg plate in seconds...

stop_the_craziness

I used to wear one of these when I cycled with my ex who wouldn't lay off the pies.  It gets extremely tedious.

6 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I used to wear one of these when I cycled with my ex who wouldn't lay off the pies.  It gets extremely tedious.

There's a lardy bloke who seems to be appear at the gym for about four weeks (starting his session with bicep curls 9_9 ), then vanishes for eight.

And repeat...his lardy burd/sister hasn't been seen for months though.

They looked embarrassed by each other. Always scruffy like they'd just rolled out of bed. No vitamin D, blotchy skin etc. 

10 hours ago, Stuey said:

There's a lardy bloke who seems to be appear at the gym for about four weeks (starting his session with bicep curls 9_9 ), then vanishes for eight.

And repeat...his lardy burd/sister hasn't been seen for months though.

They looked embarrassed by each other. Always scruffy like they'd just rolled out of bed. No vitamin D, blotchy skin etc. 

@Roger_Mellie @eight

Edited by ccc

• 2 weeks later...
swiss_democracy_for_all
On 16/07/2022 at 15:18, stockton said:

Isn't me I train in the evening stuey is a morning guy

:D You misspelled the final word....

• Lol 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

:D You misspelled the final word....

On 16/07/2022 at 14:18, stockton said:

Isn't me I train in the evening stuey is a morning beast 

Ftfy

• Lol 3

Hail the Tripod
On 13/07/2022 at 23:32, stop_the_craziness said:

I used to wear one of these when I cycled with my ex who wouldn't lay off the pies. 

Why? I mean it makes sense if you are going on a see saw together, but for cycling it seems unnecessary.

• Cheers 1

stop_the_craziness
6 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Why? I mean it makes sense if you are going on a see saw together, but for cycling it seems unnecessary.

We used to train in specific heart rate zones and because of the weight differential it was always either me in too low a zone or him in too high a zone if we rode at the same speed because he was always having to make more effort than I was for the same pace.

• Informative 2

1 hour ago, stop_the_craziness said:

We used to train in specific heart rate zones and because of the weight differential it was always either me in too low a zone or him in too high a zone if we rode at the same speed because he was always having to make more effort than I was for the same pace.

You should have just left him behind :Old:

Although good training for you I suppose.

stop_the_craziness
4 minutes ago, ccc said:

You should have just left him behind :Old:

Although good training for you I suppose.

Not really.  Zone Two is Zone Two however you achieve it.  If I was on my own I'd be doing it at 15-17mph, but this just meant I was doing it at 13-15mph with aching shoulders.  We tried weighting my mountain bike too with lead pieces and that just meant I got stuck in the mud more often.  It didn't last long and in the end neither did the relationship thankfully.  Way too much hurt male ego for any lasting happiness in that scenario.

• Informative 2

1 minute ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Not really.  Zone Two is Zone Two however you achieve it.  If I was on my own I'd be doing it at 15-17mph, but this just meant I was doing it at 13-15mph with aching shoulders.  We tried weighting my mountain bike too with lead pieces and that just meant I got stuck in the mud more often.  It didn't last long and in the end neither did the relationship thankfully.  Way too much hurt male ego for any lasting happiness in that scenario.

Any bloke that can't be happy his other half is better at them at some things - really is a lost cause. 

Don't get me wrong it annoys me that mine is - but fuck it acceptance can sometimes be the best plan. :Beer:

• Lol 1

5 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

Maybe you could have ran while he cycled?

images (71).jpeg

stop_the_craziness
4 hours ago, Stuey said:

Maybe you could have ran while he cycled?

I don't run any more, but even if I did, I think that would have made him even more offended.  

It was all tied up with his wider disconnect between his vision of himself and the reality.  A bit like when couples who argue over squeezing toothpaste aren't really arguing about that, it's just an indicator of a deeper issue.

Anyway, back on topic, only buy a weighted vest if you enjoy making your life harder than it needs to be.  I didn't.

I don't run any more, but even if I did, I think that would have made him even more offended.  

You know that was a honk honk right? :)

It was all tied up with his wider disconnect between his vision of himself and the reality.

Abnormies shouldn't date normies.

Anyway, back on topic, only buy a weighted vest if you enjoy making your life harder than it needs to be

I weight my PUs to make me feel what it is like for others.

Walk a mile in their heels. Etc...

Whatevs. Three hours hard shit a week makes everything else easier and I'm sticking with that.