• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Ever been on a cruise?

I'm thinking of going, by myself, on a P&O cruise in December. However I'm concerned I'll feel a bit of a dickhead going by myself. I don't mind my own company, however I don't want to feel a plonker sitting at my own table for meals etc.

Any thoughts?

PS Any attractive females wanting a free cruise give me a message.

17 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I'm thinking of going, by myself, on a P&O cruise in December. However I'm concerned I'll feel a bit of a dickhead going by myself. I don't mind my own company, however I don't want to feel a plonker sitting at my own table for meals etc.

Any thoughts?

Oh God the single women will eat you alive.

Make sure you take some kind of device to barricade the cabin door.

And yes, go for it. Cruising is very sociable. 

Where were you thinking of going?

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

Oh God the single women will eat you alive.

Make sure you take some kind of device to barricade the cabin door.

And yes, go for it. Cruising is very sociable. 

Where were you thinking of going?

Spain/ Portugal. I cant believe how cheap it is, £1269 for a 12 day cruise in a balcony room.

Tbh, sometimes (often) I cant be bothered with the "what do you do" polite conversations that social convention requires..

Just now, Great Guy said:

Spain/ Portugal. I cant believe how cheap it is, £1269 for a 12 day cruise in a balcony room.

Tbh, sometimes (often) I cant be bothered with the "what do you do" polite conversations that social convention requires..

That's actually quite expensive compared to the Caribbean ones in early December. Have a look on cruise 411 (never book a US cruise via a UK company - A US agent will be much cheaper)

I don't know about the European cruises but sites like cruise critic have a section where people going post when / where they are going and arrange to meet up with like minded travellers once onboard.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

that seems cheap to me. how much do you spend on a holiday? For £1269 I get my food, accommodation and transport to different cities.

I don't. I live (most of the time) in god's own. No need to go anywhere else. :)

mind, it is goth weekend, starting tomorrow. I'm trying to work out how to avoid venturing out for the next three days. 

Just now, One percent said:

I don't. I live (most of the time) in god's own. No need to go anywhere else. :)

mind, it is goth weekend, starting tomorrow. I'm trying to work out how to avoid venturing out for the next three days. 

I'm just putting new screws on the coffin lid, and a go faster stripe, thanks Frank, what a rep I have now?O.o

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

It's the nights you should worry about.:o

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ha! Only venture out at night or under heavy cloud, eh? All becomes clear. A crypt in London, an estate in Yorkshire, big bats fly quickly.

38 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Any thoughts?

Typo, Harvey?

I've done Rotterdam to Hull. Does that count?

3 minutes ago, DTMark said:

My nan used to go on several cruises a year and saw a lot of the world.

She used to go on her own. She was fine.

Though she did like ballroom dancing and playing bridge.

Lascivious gambling trollope!O.o

47 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Any thoughts?

Have a look at the deckplan of the boat.  Some have loads of single cabins, others have a handful.

I would have felt out of place on the Thomsons cruise I did (cheap and cheerful) if I was on my own despite the high number of activities going on as very few people were on their own; one very elderly woman was all that I was aware of.

If there are loads of single cabins then you'll be fine.  If not I'd choose a different boat.