DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

IVY - bastard

wherebee

wherebee

I've got a fence which the Ivy is all over; I cut it back but because the neighbours (renters) do nothing, it always comes back.  I don't use any chemicals or non-organics on the garden at all.  I heard apple cider will kill it - anyone tried it?

One percent
2 hours ago, wherebee said:

I've got a fence which the Ivy is all over; I cut it back but because the neighbours (renters) do nothing, it always comes back.  I don't use any chemicals or non-organics on the garden at all.  I heard apple cider will kill it - anyone tried it?

Blowtorch.  :)

• Agree 1

Snake Plissken

find the root and cut it then it will all die and you can pull it off. Once its everywhere its a bugger to manage so get rid.

Andersen

Trace it back to the roots, cut a 4 ins section out of the trunk near ground level and do nothing for a couple of weeks, the plant often weakens then it's easier to pull it off the wall / fence etc.

Hack it back, pull roots up as far as you can. Repeat every few months when you see new growth. It's a bugger to remove - good luck !

Joncrete Cungle

Cut part way through as many thicker vines as possible and remove a section. wrap some plastic / hessian / cloth etc round the back of the cut, pour a cup of salt mixed with water 75% salt to 25% water into the cut out section. Use the plastic / hessian / cloth etc to wrap secure the salt solution in place inside the cut out section and tie with string securely. Let the ivy drink the salt solution through its veins and it should wither and die in 6 / 10 weeks.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2