DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Private rentals: still a landlord's market?

UmBongo

6 hours ago, tank said:

The 2 child limit is a farce because it's not a lifetime one and deliberately so.

Most of these women get on the welfare bandwagon at a young age - i.e. 16-22 - and then bang out some more while they're still relatively fertile i.e. 35-40. Most of them are career single mums who flit from dead beat bloke to bloke and usually end up with a 50+ year old with serious co morbidities to get carer's allowance. There's no way a party of rentiers like the Tories will touch it and, of course, nor will 'New Labour'. 

The key benefit entitlement here is HB - or more accurately 'landlord benefit' - which props up both rents and prices across all regions.  

The 2 child limit is a start.

16 hours ago, spygirl said:

The 2 child limit is a start.

No it isn't.

Like everything else in Westminster, Whitehall and Threadneedle Street, it's one big can kick.

Typical Shaz knocks out two sprogs before she's 23, gets a lower middle class income guaranteed until her mid to late 30s and then she bangs out another one or two before mother nature take its course. It's spreading the cash Shaz receives out over 40 odd years, instead of incentivising her to bang out 3 or 4 sprogs during her 20s. Very few women manage more than 3 or 4 these days. If the Tories had wanted to sort this mess out, they'd have done so years ago.

11 hours ago, tank said:

No it isn't.

Like everything else in Westminster, Whitehall and Threadneedle Street, it's one big can kick.

Typical Shaz knocks out two sprogs before she's 23, gets a lower middle class income guaranteed until her mid to late 30s and then she bangs out another one or two before mother nature take its course. It's spreading the cash Shaz receives out over 40 odd years, instead of incentivising her to bang out 3 or 4 sprogs during her 20s. Very few women manage more than 3 or 4 these days. If the Tories had wanted to sort this mess out, they'd have done so years ago.

Or just makes sure the child is special and all bets are off.

Seriously high levels of ADHD and autism. We should stop people breeding until we've worked out what causes it.

Wight Flight
9 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Seriously high levels of ADHD and autism. We should stop people breeding until we've worked out what causes it.

I think it is the very definition of demand led inflation.

13 hours ago, sarahbell said:

Shaz has two kids by 22, gets one down as 'ADHD' and lives the live of Riley for 17 years.

With the oldest sprog approaching 18, she decides to pop out another one before she's 40 with her new partner, 54 year old lead swinger Steve. 

With parents of 54 and 40, possibly inter related, the poor kid is bound to be a bit 'special', so she doesn't need more than one. She'll be able to get carer's allowance for looking after poor Steve too, plus good old landlord benefit aka HB. 

• 2 weeks later...
Wight Flight
3 hours ago, UmBongo said:

I viewed this property up for rent back in 2014/15. It was on for £595 a month. Now on for £900 a month. Up C. 33% in 7 years. 

Melrose Road, Norwich (nr4)

I could show you a whole list that have gone up 30% in two years, and a couple that have done it in a year.

There is probably a reason rightmove and Zoopla don't put previous asking rent on their adverts.

On 29/07/2022 at 22:30, tank said:

No it isn't.

My ignorance is telling me muzzers have bigger overlies and produce more negative production. I may be wrong. Please educate me.

Just now, Phil said:

My ignorance is telling me muzzers have bigger overlies and produce more negative production. I may be wrong. Please educate me.

Overies . Fuc’ predictive text.

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Aside from a few Punjab doctors, the vast majority of UK muzzers are a huge net drain. 

Spy's mates from the Mirpur are notorious for interbreeding and you don't need to be a geneticist to figure out what happens when randy Abdul gets his cousins and nieces up the duff. 

Plenty more where they came from too with our supercharged post Brexit immigration policy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2022 at 09:47, Democorruptcy said:

Why not apply for a transfer to a different council/HA property? Someone might fancy yours because it's nearer family, work etc. I think there's a 'mutual exchange' scheme.

I have now put my flat up for exchange. Got a bit of interest. One maybe a possibility - change my 1 br place for a 2 br one but it's up quite a few flights of stairs. Mine is 1st floor.

Wight Flight
8 minutes ago, marceau said:

These sorts of figures are going to be the high water mark for a long, long time imo. 

That's what I thought last year.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

That's what I thought last year.

They were still chucking out money like confetti last year. We've had the classic blow off top behaviour - an manic scramble to get in for both purchases and rentals, no matter what the price and no matter what the circumstances. Now comes the reckoning.

Wight Flight
20 hours ago, marceau said:

These sorts of figures are going to be the high water mark for a long, long time imo. 

You might be right. This one is interesting.

On for £1750 two weeks ago, dropped to £1,600.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/125943065#/?channel=RES_LET

For context, it was £900 three years ago.

4 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

“This is a public service announcement from me to you – don’t move to Manchester,” Geary said on TikTok. “There’s no flats available. I’ve been on the phone every day, I’ve had no sleep, I’ve not ate.”

https://www.business-live.co.uk/regional-development/record-number-new-homes-built-23028702

Record number of new homes built in Manchester and Salford in 2021

A total of 5,549 homes were completed during the year, Deloitte’s latest Regional Crane Survey has said.

Remind me again how many boat people arrive over the channel every day?

Archived