• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Private security firms to get powers of arrest

Recommended Posts

Received an email from 38 degrees (yeah I know sjw central). 

Rememer the firm that fucked up the organisation of the olympics so badly that the army had to be called in?  Well they will be able to arrest you shortly. From the email 

G4S and Serco could be about to get police powers of arrest. [1] They’ve ripped off taxpayers and been accused of abusing people in their care - soon they could be carrying handcuffs and turning up on doorsteps to arrest people. [2] 

The minister for Justice, David Lidington, is deciding right now whether to give powers of arrest to G4S and Serco as part of a police privatisation plan. [3] So far the public has been shut out of the decision, but with our liberty on the line, it’s time to make our voices heard.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Horrified Onlooker said:

My only personal experience of G4S is Bristol Airport security. I wouldn’t put those fuckers in charge of a dustpan & brush. If these fools are making arrests I foresee a lot of failed prosecutions.

Maybe we could engineer a lot of false arrests for dosbodders. We could then bring a class action against them and the government and use the proceeds to buy dosbods island 🌴 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, onlyme said:

My first thought too - so much potential to backfire badly on the corporates that move into this area.

Actually I look a bit like Clarence Boddiicker, but with more hair, and the Tigers are playin tonight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

How does privatised policing work? Is it like privatised utilities - less service for more money?

On the bright side, these guys can be bribed, for a minor infraction, like murder. Proper plod would never let you off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are kidding me! Pcsos don't even have the power of arrest. Read "privatisation of police" and presumed Lefty agitating.

Terrible idea. Though a lot a faux policing going on - idents, markings, penalty notices, and of course uniformed thuggery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, One percent said:

Received an email from 38 degrees (yeah I know sjw central). 

Rememer the firm that fucked up the organisation of the olympics so badly that the army had to be called in?  Well they will be able to arrest you shortly. From the email 

G4S and Serco could be about to get police powers of arrest. [1] They’ve ripped off taxpayers and been accused of abusing people in their care - soon they could be carrying handcuffs and turning up on doorsteps to arrest people. [2] 

The minister for Justice, David Lidington, is deciding right now whether to give powers of arrest to G4S and Serco as part of a police privatisation plan. [3] So far the public has been shut out of the decision, but with our liberty on the line, it’s time to make our voices heard.
 

Ive just been through all this with some morons on FB.

Its 38 degrees spreading BS.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-tories-giving-g4s-serco-the-power-to-arrest

'Essentially, the proposals would see G4S staff given the powers of Civilian Enforcement Officers. That is, authorised officers/employees of Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service becoming vested with the power to seize and sell goods to recover money owed under fines and community penalty notices, and to execute warrants of arrest, committal, detention and distraint.'

Basically the same powers as a bailiff.

Even PCSO do not have the power of arrest.

Im not sure if its BS spreading or the morons on 38 degrees do not understand the law.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Ive just been through all this with some morons on FB.

Its 38 degrees spreading BS.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-tories-giving-g4s-serco-the-power-to-arrest

'Essentially, the proposals would see G4S staff given the powers of Civilian Enforcement Officers. That is, authorised officers/employees of Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service becoming vested with the power to seize and sell goods to recover money owed under fines and community penalty notices, and to execute warrants of arrest, committal, detention and distraint.'

Basically the same powers as a bailiff.

Even PCSO do not have the power of arrest.

Im not sure if its BS spreading or the morons on 38 degrees do not understand the law.

 

 

 

 

I did say in my original thread that it is sjw central. 

Mind, I wouldn't put it past our beloved leaders to try this one on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck that`s all i need ...i just got banned from driving on a site i work on regularly , for three months, for exceeding the site speed limit the fucking place is falling down literally and all they care about is how fast you drive on the way to fix the fucking place :CryBaby:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Fuck that`s all i need ...i just got banned from driving on a site i work on regularly , for three months, for exceeding the site speed limit the fucking place is falling down literally and all they care about is how fast you drive on the way to fix the fucking place :CryBaby:

I was told about 10 years ago that we're going to a place where if you were an honest person you shouldn't break the law.

See, honest people are easy to find and punish, so gives good stats without any effort.  Even better, they take minor punishments relatively seriously and they pay their fines.

Dishonest people, they're a nightmare.  They know what they can get away with without being found out.  Even if they are found out they know what to do to evade the police, and, even when caught, they don't pay fines or take their punishment.  

Best stick to punishing the easy ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dgul said:

I was told about 10 years ago that we're going to a place where if you were an honest person you shouldn't break the law.

See, honest people are easy to find and punish, so gives good stats without any effort.  Even better, they take minor punishments relatively seriously and they pay their fines.

Dishonest people, they're a nightmare.  They know what they can get away with without being found out.  Even if they are found out they know what to do to evade the police, and, even when caught, they don't pay fines or take their punishment.  

Best stick to punishing the easy ones.

So you were the twat with the speed camera :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.