• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

annoying wtc

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The rapidly growing muslim population round my way seem to have 4 or 5 kids as a norm judging by what I see outside the school gates - how do they surivive on benefits?

Because they get a shit load of gibs including disability. Add on lots of cash in hand, taxi driving, kebabing and the like its a very good lifestyle.

Was reading an article yesterday from 1940s Brazil where if your daughter got pregnant out of wedlock she basically would be turfed out of the house and became public property for all the blokes of the village.

So in some respects the welfare state has taken over this role and spread the burden over the entire working population.

The need to resort to prostitution in order to keep your kids has by and large been removed in the UK in the 20th century

Just now, gibbon said:

Work doesn't pay because the government tops up the wages of breeders on TC so the likes of Tesco don't have to pay a liveable wage.

Sure. TCs need binning, but over a period of time to allow the millions who have set up their entire lives around them to adjust. I suppose UC is the enfeebled way of beginning this process.

Problem is that Tesco and the like will automate rather than pay a living wage. 

The policies are always designed to hit people who want to try to have a contributing life

they won’t hit the Muslims because they will riot and commit crimes

might is right

15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The rapidly growing muslim population round my way seem to have 4 or 5 kids as a norm judging by what I see outside the school gates - how do they surivive on benefits?

I've often thought this - maybe they get a wedge of cash every time they attend the mosque. Funded by the house of saud. 

My experience with the benefit system, has caused me to re-evaluate my career, and consider burglary. I'm a bit old for it, but after a few decent blaggings I could be a Chartered Burglar. I'm still thin enough to get through small windows, and I won't be taking your TV and video. Oh no, I'll be targetting antique jewellery, watches, and high value items. There seems to be plenty round here.:o Also I can fence posh cars, via an acquaintance.

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

It's a link to a fb thing. Erm ...... 

It would be interesting to look at the rest of Anna's farce book page.  I wonder how many holidays she has had recently?  What her social life is like? The car she drives?  It may be illuminating as to where her priorities lie. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

It would be interesting to look at the rest of Anna's farce book page.  I wonder how many holidays she has had recently?  What her social life is like? The car she drives?  It may be illuminating as to where her priorities lie. 

Yeah, there's a charity near my dad's work that helps the local (fairly deprived) community. Local families travel to it in taxis...

Just now, sarahbell said:

Thank you. 
I am very technically challenged. 

It could be worse, you could be making up friends like she possibly is. :ph34r:

Just now, One percent said:

Spoilsport. :P

Not another avatar!!!!

If I consider two groups of couples:

The first group - feckless man/woman make baby. No way to support it. No real relationship. One partner fecks off leaving the baby with the other. As was always going to be the case.

The second group - stable relationship at the time, which then collapses, partners cannot live together. One is left with parental responsibility and the biggest issue is trying to hold down a job - probably the job they had already - and look after the children on their own.

Both are tragedies for the children involved.

In the second scenario you might hope that there's a greater chance that the partner who left will pay or will be able to pay maintenance.

In the first, surely the right answer is to deduct the maintenance payment from benefits [look at the assumption I made there], even if it leaves that person literally penniless. They're the one with time on their hands to go and earn more income. Take responsibility, you made the baby. That baby is not, first and foremost, society's problem; it is yours.

The issue would seem to be that if you can rely on the charity of others, otherwise known as the Welfare State - as it is now, you rather undermine the concept of the family - it's OK, don't worry about it. Others will pay for you. You just bugger off and impregnate or become pregnant by someone else.

I'm not sure how you separate the two cases in terms of who is "worthy" of support when one may be a temporary situation of genuine heartbreak and the other is ongoing reckless behaviour.