DOSBODS  
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Creatine

RWJ

Been taking 5g of monohydrate daily for 3 months now and I can't say it's making any noticeable difference.  I realise it's not magic and all it does is attract more water to muscles, which can help squeeze out an extra rep or two and may aid recovery, but I'll take any assistance I can get.  

Given the previous low cost it was a no brainer but it has trebled in price recently, bringing its value into question.

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I wouldn’t touch any of these powdered formulas for adult gym babies.

Strikes me as overly cautious.  Any particular reason why, other than your superiority to those who do touch them?

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Strikes me as overly cautious.  Any particular reason why, other than your superiority to those who do touch them?

I eat organic, as much as possible, and high quality food so to a certain extent I wouldn’t want to undo that with something very processed from what might be a highly questionable supply chain.

Mainly you just can’t cheat as soon as you stop taking them you’ll retain no benefit. Everything about real growth, and not just physical is hard. You need to be eating one more chicken breast past the point you’re sick of eating chicken breast. I!remain unconvinced there’s are any easy hacks or shortcut that produces long term results. 
Yeah there might be some ‘science’ of the inevitable we did some shit with rats and some shit seemed to happen but that’s the absolute best. There’s no Mediterranean or Japanese islands full of ripped centenarians who’ve lived off supplements, gym or otherwise, their whole lives.

• Agree 4

Frank Hovis

I used it for a while when I was running a lot for several years about ten years ago.

My understanding was that it gave you a performance boost if you used it for two or three days, for those days, but that it wasn't something that you should take daily as the effects rapidly wear off if you keep taking it.

IIRC in the 90s / 00s football teams used to give it to their players on match days.

I definitely found runs easier on the days that I took it; I used to take it when I was running against other people rather than running by myself.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I used it for a while when I was running a lot for several years about ten years ago.

My understanding was that it gave you a performance boost if you used it for two or three days, for those days, but that it wasn't something that you should take daily as the effects rapidly wear off if you keep taking it.

IIRC in the 90s / 00s football teams used to give it to their players on match days.

I definitely found runs easier on the days that I took it; I used to take it when I was running against other people rather than running by myself.

Difficult to know if it was a placebo though.

Thinking of starting a line in 'go faster' pills made of whatever bulking agent is in all the pills, and nowt else. xD

Frank Hovis
13 minutes ago, BoSon said:

Difficult to know if it was a placebo though.

Thinking of starting a line in 'go faster' pills made of whatever bulking agent is in all the pills, and nowt else. xD

I was running a set course, maybe five miles, which several of us would run together with a sprint at the end.  IIRC I won every time as I wasn't necessarily the best runner but I was the fastest sprinter.

On the days when I took creatine, and I used to strictly limit them, it was like a stroll in the park.

It naturally exists in the body and in summary allows you to tap more energy from your muscles.

I have some Co-enzyme Q10 at present, I didn't buy it but it came free with some other stuff I bought, which claims to have a similar effect of increased energy release so I will try it out.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/what-is-creatine

I haven't taken creatine for years.  I'm aiming to get back into regular running and this time join a club so I would take it for any races to give me a boost.  I'm not however expecting to win any of these as my build is more sprinter than distance runner; which is why I could win the social races.

• Informative 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's not the case Frank.  You have to load the muscles with it and they become saturated after 5 days or , then it's a case of 3-5mg per day to keep topped up.  There isn't an instant boost as such.  Sorry, I've probably just added 5 minutes to your 5k time :P

Edited by RWJ
typo
  • Lol 1

Frank Hovis
3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

That's not the case Frank.  You have to load the muscles with it and they become saturated after 5 days or , then it's a case of 3-5mg per day to keep topped up.  There isn't an instant boost as such.  Sorry, I've probably just added 5 minutes to your 5k time :P

Okay, what I said is what I understood and how it worked for me.

At root the human body is so insanely complex and inter-connected that there is rarely a simple answer as to what effect an organic molecule will have upon it so I have no basis for argument.

See covid jabs!

• Agree 1

I used to use it but didn't like the way it made me look bloated. You can tell when someone has been using creatine.

Wouldn't touch it now for the reasons @SNACR said.

ElKapitan84

Things have moved on in the last 10 years with non-steroid supplements.  The most powerful non-anabolic/steroid supplement you can get is ecdysterone.

It blows creatine out of the water.

Ibutamoren is also much more powerful.   Stacking all three and overtraining is probably the best you'll get without juicing.

There's no side effects with any of this stuff.  

Edited by ElKapitan84
  • Informative 3

Underwhelmed
4 hours ago, ElKapitan84 said:

Things have moved on in the last 10 years with non-steroid supplements.  The most powerful non-anabolic/steroid supplement you can get is ecdysterone.

Ibutamoren is also much more powerful.   Stacking all three and overtraining is probably the best you'll get without juicing.

is that the poor man's version of HGH & doesn't it make you insanely hungry?

Big Boy
16 hours ago, ElKapitan84 said:

The most powerful non-anabolic/steroid supplement you can get is ecdysterone.

spacer.png

• Agree 2

steppensheep
On 03/08/2022 at 08:22, RWJ said:

Given the previous low cost it was a no brainer

yeah, got a tub a few years ago for under a fiver, never noticed any benefits though.

ElKapitan84
7 hours ago, Big Boy said:

spacer.png

Ecdysterone has been tested on mammals due to the interest in its potential hypertrophic effect. It has been found to increase hypertrophy in rats at a similar level to some anabolic androgenic steroids

Also:

A club footballer has received a 4-month ban from all sport from the Sport Tribunal of New Zealand, backdated to 16 August 2021, after admitting the use and possession of Ibutamoren. 

Works on me.  I've had to throw my medium office shirts in the bin.  I'm not joking.  And the drugs-enforcing monitors for sports aren't either.

No side effects.

On 03/08/2022 at 18:33, ElKapitan84 said:

Interesting.  I wouldn't go as far as to take this stuff in concentrated form for fear of unknown side effects but I see certain foods contain ecdysterone.  Spinach and quinoa having the highest levels.

ElKapitan84
1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Interesting.  I wouldn't go as far as to take this stuff in concentrated form for fear of unknown side effects but I see certain foods contain ecdysterone.  Spinach and quinoa having the highest levels.

You'd need to eat all day to even get close.

steppensheep
14 hours ago, ElKapitan84 said:

I've had to throw my medium office shirts in the bin. 

this is not the sort of ethics we ascribe to on dosbods!

Big Boy
15 hours ago, ElKapitan84 said:

No side effects.

Maybe for you and I think it's only your business what you put in your body.  A quick search on Google lists many potential side effects though.

1 hour ago, Big Boy said:

Maybe for you and I think it's only your business what you put in your body.  A quick search on Google lists many potential side effects though.

Aye, it'd be naive to assume anything taken in larger than natural doses has no negative impact. For every positive impact there is likely a negative, it's how balance works.

So mitigate it with short term targetted use so any effects may be minimal and not lasting, unless any potential issues are meh worth the risk.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

Ah. That explains why all the soy boy quinoa munching lads are built like tanks. 

• Lol 1

4 minutes ago, ccc said:

Ah. That explains why all the soy boy quinoa munching lads are built like tanks. 

Popeye wants ‘a word’ with you.