• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Owen Jones

14 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Easy copy; they will turn up and say something outrageously stupid and it will gain more column inches and the chat show will make the news.

I watched some of the early Big Brothers when it was a new concept and the biggest let down was the ?third series because they populated the house with normal reasonable people who didn't have breakdowns, screaming rows, or stick wine bottles up themself. Instead it was like watching people stuck in a B&B for some reason, sitting around, chatting, and sharing the chores fairly.

The Apprentice knows this; whilst outwardly presenting these people as the future of British business they really select those whose incompetence is only outshone by their delusions of ability. Marvellous car crash TV.

I always thought it embarrassing for Alan Sugar that the candidates were so poor, that it reflected badly on him. They do just pick folk as you describe though I think.

Two great clips, the Apprentice one as I hadn't seen it- what morons, pouring £1k a kilo stuff in without thinking. I remember seeing them once sell lobsters for £5 as they had seen someone else selling lobster for £5. That was of course per kilo, not a whole lobster like they were selling. The apprentice used to make me feel like I was a genius!

The BB Nikki Grahame clip amused me, I watched that Big Brother, was it the first? One of the first anyway, I liked her.

I don't watch telly now but did watch the programme on YouTube you posted on the supermarket curry thread. I saw other episodes were available on YouTube so may watch them. Mostly not wanting to support the So-Called BBC by watching or paying.

5 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

I always thought it embarrassing for Alan Sugar that the candidates were so poor, that it reflected badly on him. They do just pick folk as you describe though I think.

Two great clips, the Apprentice one as I hadn't seen it- what morons, pouring £1k a kilo stuff in without thinking. I remember seeing them once sell lobsters for £5 as they had seen someone else selling lobster for £5. That was of course per kilo, not a whole lobster like they were selling. The apprentice used to make me feel like I was a genius!

The BB Nikki Grahame clip amused me, I watched that Big Brother, was it the first? One of the first anyway, I liked her.

I don't watch telly now but did watch the programme on YouTube you posted on the supermarket curry thread. I saw other episodes were available on YouTube so may watch them. Mostly not wanting to support the So-Called BBC by watching or paying.

The Oz and James Drink to Britain series is excellent.  I will watch their two wine series as well (also on YouTube) despite my not drinking wine.

I also have no TV and like not being at the whim of schedulers; us licence free people watch what we like from sixty years' worth of broadcasting.

On 10/29/2017 at 10:52, Frank Hovis said:

Talking about bitter, twisted, arrogant and patronising this actually looks worse from Will Self with some distance on it. 

If I was Dreda Say Mitchell I would not have been as dignified but would merely have chinned the twat.

Will Self won't ever be called Will Democracy.

Edited by twocents

Funnily enough, I used to agree with a lot of what was said by these talking heads. Strange how your viewpoint can change over time, as I hate the lot of them now. Not sure how or when that happened, but I got 'red pilled' at some point.

3 hours ago, Reebo said:

Funnily enough, I used to agree with a lot of what was said by these talking heads. Strange how your viewpoint can change over time, as I hate the lot of them now. Not sure how or when that happened, but I got 'red pilled' at some point.

I'm not sure it is you that has changed. More the country has and the msm don't try to hide that it is the propaganda mouthpiece of the establishment. 

7 hours ago, XswampyX said:

What a cunt!

Yes, Owen Jone's is

Underlying that, he is also a bigot who thinks that only his voice is worth hearing, when in fact he is an annoyoing, sanctimonious little toe rag.

I like Jonathan Pie for his caricature of the media, but I don't like his politics. 'Pie', unfortunately, and as he has shown before, isn't mentally 'quick enough' yet when he is interviewed by media hacks.

Pie should stick to comedy and his character shouldn't be seen as an intellect by his viewers, a mistake that Owen Jones makes, perhaps purposefully.

On 29/10/2017 at 13:05, davidg said:

Add Polly Toynbee to the list of BBC deadbeats who like listening to the sound of their own voices. Polly has been living off her family's reputation without having done much herself. She's part of the So-Called BBC left wing mafia.

Ah, Polly Toynbee.

Every article she writes could simply be condensed down to the following:

"I'm a tribalistic, bitter old woman who hates the Tories"

Who owns a second home in the south west.

Which could comfortably house a number of people poorer than she is.

An expression involving mouth and money springs to mind.

Oh but not your money, Polly. Obviously. Other people's money.

This, if true, is an interesting about turn.

Guardian desperate for readers? Maybe getting their highly paid leftie writers to change their tune - have the comments finally got through? I doubt it.

ANGELA Merkel plunged Europe into “catastrophic austerity” and should be blamed for the rise of the far-right, Owen Jones has blasted as he launched a furious Twitter tirade against the German Chancellor.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/972652/Angela-Merkel-news-EU-owen-jones-twitter-attack-Germany

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This, if true, is an interesting about turn.

Guardian desperate for readers? Maybe getting their highly paid leftie writers to change their tune - have the comments finally got through? I doubt it.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/972652/Angela-Merkel-news-EU-owen-jones-twitter-attack-Germany

Dear god, he is not very bright is he?  Maybe he has just woken up to the fact that there is a group in Europe who would chuck him off a tall building for his life choices. Who knows what his thinking is. 

On 29/10/2017 at 10:12, Frank Hovis said:

The Apprentice knows this; whilst outwardly presenting these people as the future of British business they really select those whose incompetence is only outshone by their delusions of ability. Marvellous car crash TV.

Thanks for that.  Having very happily dispensed with the services of the So-Called BBC last year, it's good to know it's still full of plonkers creating content about plonkers.

Edited by No Duff
What's all this auto add of "so called" BBC? I can assure you they are the "Bl**dly Biased C*nts".

23 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

You may be onto something.  The last few episodes of the So-Called BBC Radio 4 News Quiz had new people and no mention (dig) at Brexit.  That propaganda passing as comedy used to take up half of every show.  Presumably they needed to employ real comedians to fill the ensuing void!

Luvies like to think that they are trendsetter but inevitably they move with the herd mainly so that they can still continue to suckle at the vast wealthes of TV salaries, newspaper column articles, etc.

I wrote on here last year and over on TOS that eventually the luvvies who are virtue signalling mass immigration as good will come around to being opposed to it. I do expect that it will take far worse than what happened to Michael MacIntyre to change them though.

But you wait and see - the ones who have endangered us all and destroyed our way of life through their pro Islam, pro migration stupidity will eventually be speaking out against both. Not because they believe it but because they want to keel their easy very lucrative jobs.

43 minutes ago, No Duff said:

You may be onto something.  The last few episodes of the So-Called BBC Radio 4 News Quiz had new people and no mention (dig) at Brexit.  That propaganda passing as comedy used to take up half of every show.  Presumably they needed to employ real comedians to fill the ensuing void!

Unfortunately Dead Ringers has picked up that particular mantle.

Like the News Quiz, I loved that show and it appears to have been ruined by agenda driven bollocks rather than actual comedy. Sure, take the piss out of Brexit but don't spend half the fucking program doing so.

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Unfortunately Dead Ringers has picked up that particular mantle.

Like the News Quiz, I loved that show and it appears to have been ruined by agenda driven bollocks rather than actual comedy. Sure, take the piss out of Brexit but don't spend half the fucking program doing so.

Ah, explains some friends asking me over the weekend if I had heard the latest Dead Ringers.

Regional political editor tells Owen Jones he is 'not a qualified journalist' in Twitter row

A regional political editor became embroiled in a Twitter row with left-wing columnist Owen Jones in which she told him he was "not a qualified journalist."

Jennifer Williams, the politics and investigations editor at the Manchester Evening News, told Mr Jones to stop treating journalists like a “bunch of b*******” during the spat.

The pair became involved in an argument following Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s controversial speech about media reform, and Mr Jones’s appearance on Newsnight backing him.

He told the BBC show that journalism is “the most socially exclusive profession other than medicine” and reporting is “seen through the eyes of privileged people”.

But Ms Williams tweeted: “Feel free to argue with me, Owen Jones, about where my public interest journalism comes from, which mogul is telling me and my colleagues across the country what to do and how to do it and how my relative poshness is a factor.

“Because actually here’s the thing: you earn your living writing polemic, which is fine, that’s a thing. But I earn my living doing public interest journalism. I know more about it.

"And if I sound angry it's because I am. I'm absolutely f****** sick of this."

Mr Jones replied: “I've never accused you of being dictated by corrupt media mogul overlords? Where is this even coming from? You're a journalist, why make stuff up? I've said the press is a) largely run by moguls and b) largely editorially backs the Tories, what's that got to do with you?”

Ms Williams responded: “Stating inequalities in media is not unreasonable and I agree it’s a problem. What I find deeply irritating is watching someone who - I think I’m right in saying - is not a qualified journalist passing their comment continuously on what a bunch of b******* we are.”

In Mr Corbyn’s media reform speech on Thursday, the Labour leader argued for "complete transparency" over the diversity of the So-Called BBC’s workforce, with the publication of data including social class.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/regional-political-editor-tells-owen-jones-he-is-not-a-qualified-journalist-in-twitter-row-a3919871.html

41 minutes ago, Malthus said:

He really is an odious little shit, id prefer to have seen her knock the little twat out than defeat him with words.