• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Owen Jones

48 minutes ago, Malthus said:

There''s a lot of the "don't you want to go down in history as......." type of vile threat, manipulation and blackmail by commies as exampled in that interview. 

The eu does a lot of it as well as typified by Mr Verhofstadt's attack on and threats to Mr Orban the Hungarian leader for pursuing policies that benefit Hungary.

Edited by twocents

Lord Haw Hawen Jones was just a bit too convoluted to catch on, but what about calling him Owen from Rainbow?

The physical likeness is certainly there, it makes him sound stupid and childish and it might get him annoyed about homophobia.

There are also suggestions that Owen from Rainbow has a lot of rather unpleasant views and has spent enormous amounts of time editing wikipedia.

I remember a time when the words bumptious and supercilious could only be used to describe a certain type of angry, retired army officer living in the home counties.

Edited by Panther

Owen fucking Jones at it again.  Let’s blame fatch for all our ills.  I blame her for starting the journey he have travelled for the last 30 odd years but unlike Owen Fucking Jones (can we have that on autocorrect) I realise (or admit) that successive governments have continued to run ever faster down the wrong road. 

Does he not realise that his love of open borders have done the worse of the damage to the working class who him and his lot pretend to support 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/04/young-people-capitalism-mcstrike-unions

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Owen fucking Jones at it again.  Let’s blame fatch for all our ills.  I blame her for starting the journey he have travelled for the last 30 odd years but unlike Owen Fucking Jones (can we have that on autocorrect) I realise (or admit) that successive governments have continued to run ever faster down the wrong road. 

Does he not realise that his love of open borders have done the worse of the damage to the working class who him and his lot pretend to support 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/04/young-people-capitalism-mcstrike-unions

and there's not a single reference in his article to that.  It's just hypocrisy.

Edited by twocents

He had an awful opinion piece on TR and the 'far right ' last week he sounded very annoyed that anyone should get to hear what TR has to say.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/28/far-right-sky-news-tommy-robinson

A self-satisfied media elite justifies providing the far right with a platform on the basis that they will expose and therefore discredit Islamophobic bigots, because they are such clever bastards. Yesterday Sky interviewed career criminal and football hooligan Tommy Robinson, a man who has been convicted of offences ranging from assault to fraud.Let me stun you by revealing that, no, the ultimate takedown of Tommy Robinson did not take place. Robinson did have the opportunity to post the full unedited interview on his Facebook page, though: Sky News has provided him with a copy to go viral on social media, presenting himself, again, as a courageous anti-establishment martyr.

“But all ideas must be freely debated!” goes the glib liberal response. So let this be put bluntly. The far right is not a legitimate political perspective. Bigotry is not a legitimate political perspective. These are irrational forms of hatred that categorise certain human beings as inferior and as dangerous based on their race or religious creed.

14 minutes ago, maudit said:

He had an awful opinion piece on TR and the 'far right ' last week he sounded very annoyed that anyone should get to hear what TR has to say.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/28/far-right-sky-news-tommy-robinson

No comments allowed on the great "comment is free" newspaper.

Now a joke rag just pandering to public sector non-jobbers.

On 04/10/2018 at 07:03, One percent said:

I dunno, the more I look at our economic history, the more I think that the beginning of this unsustainable super cycle started pretty much immediately after WW2.

Thatcher and Reagan only 'liberalized' the banking and economic system as a response to government being tapped out. Public debt was reaching problematic levels throughout the 1970s (ie UK IMF bailout, and in the US individual cities like NYC going bankrupt and essentially getting private bankers in...touched on in Adam Curtis' 'Hypernormalization' film) and they needed to load private consumers and businesses up with massive debts too to keep the illusion going. Typically, in the past, governments went into debt when consumers/businesses didnt, and consumers/businesses went into debt when governments didnt. A kind of counterbalance. Krugman types after 2008 were saying govts must add massive debt stimulus because govt debts in 2008 were still far lower than in the 1940s. What they omit to mention is private debts were not existent. On the contrary, most had savings in the form of war bonds and 6 years of unspent wages building tanks and so forth. Consumers did not have this in 2008. They had massive debts.  Since the 1980s, both have been getting into evermore debt simultaneously...culminating with Brown madly adding quite large deficits from 2003 on even when private debt was increasing at breakneck speed. T

Anyway, the 70s public debt problems were a result of decisions made in the 60s, finally forcing us off the gold standard (as most western currencies were pegged to the dollar to some degree, itself pegged to gold, most nations had a kind of defacto gold standard) These factors were policy decisions made in the 1960s that could not be financed with deficits without large scale money printing,  (very difficult while maintaining a gold standard)...namely the various wars in south east asia, combined with LBJ's massive ramping up of the welfare state. 

I guess, for me, it can all be traced back to Eisenhowers speech on the military industrial complex. The defense barons saw how they got massive power and wealth in WW2 and didnt want to give it away. Until the late 1960s their theft was still at levels the economy could bear, but as it grew ever larger, a snowball effect took hold and started manifesting in ever more troubled economic indicators. 

7 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

I dunno, the more I look at our economic history, the more I think that the beginning of this unsustainable super cycle started pretty much immediately after WW2.

Thatcher and Reagan only 'liberalized' the banking and economic system as a response to government being tapped out. Public debt was reaching problematic levels throughout the 1970s (ie UK IMF bailout, and in the US individual cities like NYC going bankrupt and essentially getting private bankers in...touched on in Adam Curtis' 'Hypernormalization' film) and they needed to load private consumers and businesses up with massive debts too to keep the illusion going. Typically, in the past, governments went into debt when consumers/businesses didnt, and consumers/businesses went into debt when governments didnt. A kind of counterbalance. Krugman types after 2008 were saying govts must add massive debt stimulus because govt debts in 2008 were still far lower than in the 1940s. What they omit to mention is private debts were not existent. On the contrary, most had savings in the form of war bonds and 6 years of unspent wages building tanks and so forth. Consumers did not have this in 2008. They had massive debts.  Since the 1980s, both have been getting into evermore debt simultaneously...culminating with Brown madly adding quite large deficits from 2003 on even when private debt was increasing at breakneck speed. T

Anyway, the 70s public debt problems were a result of decisions made in the 60s, finally forcing us off the gold standard (as most western currencies were pegged to the dollar to some degree, itself pegged to gold, most nations had a kind of defacto gold standard) These factors were policy decisions made in the 1960s that could not be financed with deficits without large scale money printing,  (very difficult while maintaining a gold standard)...namely the various wars in south east asia, combined with LBJ's massive ramping up of the welfare state. 

I guess, for me, it can all be traced back to Eisenhowers speech on the military industrial complex. The defense barons saw how they got massive power and wealth in WW2 and didnt want to give it away. Until the late 1960s their theft was still at levels the economy could bear, but as it grew ever larger, a snowball effect took hold and started manifesting in ever more troubled economic indicators. 

Thanks, interesting analysis. 

I don't know how to embed it but there's a video of this on the tweet.  It's brilliant, it is clearly audible (louder then them speaking) and is a whole chorus rather than one loan shout.

Owen is clearly squirming and very uncomfortable.

Love it.  Do have a watch.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I don't know how to embed it but there's a video of this on the tweet.  It's brilliant, it is clearly audible (louder then them speaking) and is a whole chorus rather than one loan shout.

Owen is clearly squirming and very uncomfortable.

Love it.  Do have a watch.

Raises a point about BBC and others determined to persist in framing anti-BREXIT placards with presenters, correspondents, and guests being interviewed there.

Admittedly, a platform was built but achieved nothing because placards were raised on poles to be in camera shot.

Despite the complaints they carry on, begging the question are they quite happy because the placards are anti-BREXIT ?

How long would 6pm and 10pm news bulletins keep this up if instead of shouting 'No BREXIT' protestors changed to something else ?

'BBC fucking wankers' should do the trick.

7 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Raises a point about BBC and others determined to persist in framing anti-BREXIT placards with presenters, correspondents, and guests being interviewed there.

Admittedly, a platform was built but achieved nothing because placards were raised on poles to be in camera shot.

Despite the complaints they carry on, begging the question are they quite happy because the placards are anti-BREXIT ?

How long would 6pm and 10pm news bulletins keep this up if instead of shouting 'No BREXIT' protestors changed to something else ?

'BBC fucking wankers' should do the trick.

This is the classic. Best bit starts at 0:47.

Note that the dog also attacking the protester belongs to the protester..

He was on with Andrew Neil and Portillo last night - what a vile person he comes across as IMPO.

Had a go at Andrew Neil and interrupted Portillo when Portillo was trying to point out some basic things that happen when you ignore people's fears on immigration, etc. Look at his face in the below video.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1070479/Brexit-news-update-Owen-Jones-Michael-Portillo-Andrew-Neil-video

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1070415/Owen-Jones-Andrew-Neil-BBC-This-Week-row-smears-lies-accusations