• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Misslauren

Going to the loo in class?

I teach year 2 and from tomorrow I have decided not to let children go to the toilet during lesson time?

Would you have a problem with that policy if it was your child? 

1 minute ago, Misslauren said:

I teach year 2 and from tomorrow I have decided not to let children go to the toilet during lesson time?

No.

As long as they can play on the PS4 and drink their cans of Diet Pepsi...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

11 minutes ago, Misslauren said:

When I was 6 I pissed myself in class because the intransigent teacher wouldn't let me 'be excused'. I was actually caught out because the teacher started the lesson 5 minutes early because we were such good children we were already in our seats after lunch. In 1.5 years I had never asked before. It's fine to have a general classroom policy but the teacher should know their children and be able to read their desperation, and have some common fucking sense. Interesting starting question for a newbie though.

Edited by Hopeful

The longest they will have to hold on is 2 and half hours in the afternoon, they get break times and obviously a medical reason would be an exception.

Teachers have to hold it.

3 minutes ago, Misslauren said:

The longest they will have to hold on is 2 and half hours in the afternoon, they get break times and obviously a medical reason would be an exception.

I'll advise that you shouldn't let them go.

But also that you should allow them unlimited visits to the water fountain to refill their little water bottles.

6 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Why exactly would you feel that you had the right to tell anyone when they can and can't go to the toilet?

When one asks to go they all claim to need a wee. It is not like they don't have playtime and lunchtime.

3 minutes ago, Misslauren said:

When one asks to go they all claim to need a wee. It is not like they don't have playtime and lunchtime.

Maybe you should make your lessons more engaging?

I don't mean to be a dickhead, but you're suggesting telling a bunch of kids when they can and can't answer the call of nature. If they're all taking the mickey and saying they need to go when they don't then they're clearly bored. Surely there must be some more imaginative solution that doesn't penalise the genuine kids for something they really can't control?

1 minute ago, Fully Detached said:

Maybe you should make your lessons more engaging?

I don't mean to be a dickhead, but you're suggesting telling a bunch of kids when they can and can't answer the call of nature. If they're all taking the mickey and saying they need to go when they don't then they're clearly bored. Surely there must be some more imaginative solution that doesn't penalise the genuine kids for something they really can't control?

The trouble is you're falling victim to a kind of anthropomorphism in your approach to young people.

See, 6 year old kids aren't like humans.   They're a sort of challenge machine where they try to work out the rules of the world through annoying  the adults.  If you lay down a set of immutable rules then they know how to behave.  If you lay down a kind of reasonable behaviour flexible rules (like you would with an adult) then they'll drive you mad.

What I don't understand is why OP asked the question.  It is the sort of thing you learn in day 1 of 'stand in front of 6 year olds'.

25 minutes ago, Misslauren said:

Yes the teacher tried that with another little boy. He ended up with a priapism and she had to retreat with him to the classroom cupboard because the teacher couldn't do his shorts up.

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, dgul said:

The trouble is you're falling victim to a kind of anthropomorphism in your approach to young people.

See, 6 year old kids aren't like humans.   They're a sort of challenge machine where they try to work out the rules of the world through annoying  the adults.  If you lay down a set of immutable rules then they know how to behave.  If you lay down a kind of reasonable behaviour flexible rules (like you would with an adult) then they'll drive you mad.

What I don't understand is why OP asked the question.  It is the sort of thing you learn in day 1 of 'stand in front of 6 year olds'.

I don't have a problem with a set of immutable rules. I do have a problem with one of them being that if they can't hold it for 40 minutes or whatever it is, they'll just have to piss themselves.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

Because the OP is a bot.

The intent of the question is to get some strong opinions for some marketing wankers to toss themselves off over...

XYY

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

Because the OP is a bot.

The intent of the question is to get some strong opinions for some marketing wankers to toss themselves off over...

XYY

Yep, thought it was an interesting first post. 

2 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Because the OP is a bot.

XYY

Quite.  I should look harder at post numbers.