• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

I was blind, not my fault

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41796213

'Referring to his decision to bail-out the banks and co-ordinate international recovery efforts, he says: "We won the battle - to escape recession. But we lost the war - to build something better.

"I fell short in communicating my ideas. I failed to rally the nation around the necessary fiscal stimulus and my plans for radical change.

"Banking should have been transformed, our international institutions refashioned, inequality radically reversed - and if we are to be properly equipped to face the next crisis this is still the agenda we must pursue."'

So ... in attempt to avoid a recession in 2008, mainly brought on by his lunatic polices, the lunatic decided to throw about 20 years of money to sweep his fuckheaded mess under the carpet.

More fiscal stimulus!!!! The UK hada budget deficit of ~12%. The moron had almost got 50% of the UK population o nthe government books ,either employed or on benefit. Would his stimulus be getting the other 50% working as teaching assistants?

'He also uses the book - to be published next month - to take a swipe at social media, saying: "During my time as an MP I never mastered the capacity to leave a good impression or sculpt my public image in 140 characters. '

Twitter was barely used in 2010 you twat.

18 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41796213

'Referring to his decision to bail-out the banks and co-ordinate international recovery efforts, he says: "We won the battle - to escape recession. But we lost the war - to build something better.

"I fell short in communicating my ideas. I failed to rally the nation around the necessary fiscal stimulus and my plans for radical change.

"Banking should have been transformed, our international institutions refashioned, inequality radically reversed - and if we are to be properly equipped to face the next crisis this is still the agenda we must pursue."'

So ... in attempt to avoid a recession in 2008, mainly brought on by his lunatic polices, the lunatic decided to throw about 20 years of money to sweep his fuckheaded mess under the carpet.

More fiscal stimulus!!!! The UK hada budget deficit of ~12%. The moron had almost got 50% of the UK population o nthe government books ,either employed or on benefit. Would his stimulus be getting the other 50% working as teaching assistants?

'He also uses the book - to be published next month - to take a swipe at social media, saying: "During my time as an MP I never mastered the capacity to leave a good impression or sculpt my public image in 140 characters. '

Twitter was barely used in 2010 you twat.

Well that's some personal relief for him I suppose as, according to him, none of the mess we are in is his fault.

1) We wouldn't be persuaded

2) Twitter should be longer

3) We want someone less serious than him

Sounds like  a misery novella. Sad thing is, he's the perpetrator of our misery.

Edited by Hopeful

4 hours ago, Fully Detached said:

I'm curious that the cause of his lost sight in one eye is always referred to as a "teenage rugby accident". I bet someone did it on purpose, really.

No shortage of suspects, even back then. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1548028/Prudent-students-guide-to-living-off-the-state-and-being-a-parasite.html

But we lost the war - to build something better.

Like night follows day.  The Great Bungler was one of the worst but it's been like that for successive Prime Ministers, Chancellors and governments etc for decades and likely even longer.  It's been perpetual promises promises, failure failure and excuses excuses all in the main masked by fine words, pretence and debt.

Like a long line of incompetents running things before and even after him he starts to reveal his conversion to some sensible ideas - ideas that he would have dismissed out of hand at the time.   

For goodness sake does he expect everyone to totally suspend disbelief -  at the time his message was that the UK was supposed to have been radically changed (for the better 9_9), was an economic miracle and was so resilient that despite a temporary setback all the green shoots were supposed to be starting to sprout in anticipation of even more economic miracles and jam tomorrow. 

"Banking should have been transformed, our international institutions refashioned, inequality radically reversed - and if we are to be properly equipped to face the next crisis this is still the agenda we must pursue."

As if there was or is any real effort to reform or transform things.  He/they did promise to transform things (this must never happen again 9_9 ) like in the previous 1980s/1990s economic collapse and in previous economic collapses - but like everything else it's all empty words.

Despite what they try to pretend the UK politicians are too incompetent and self serving to change much and just get told what to do by the string pullers.

Edited by twocents