• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

swiss_democracy_for_all

Praise for the So-Called BBC (short thread I expect!)

Recommended Posts

I realise this will be a short thread, and that the Beeb is rightly despised for the disgraceful bias and ever-lower standards of it's news and current affairs, but I watched Blue Planet 2 last night, and it was beautiful television. Haven't seen other channels capable of making anything quite as good.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Haven't seen other channels capable of making anything quite as good so fat on public money.

FTFY.

Seriously though, looking forward to seeing this. Beeb + Attenborough raise the bar for nature programmes every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Separate out the news and current affairs department which mostly insults our intelligence with state propaganda, and the unique way our BBC is funded by imprisoning low income single parents and others that want to watch other channels with no interest in their stuff...and it's possible to damn them with some faint praise.

Even some genuine respect.

They DO make things nobody else would.

BBC4 music documentaries.

Quietly brilliant comedy, like Detectorists, Quacks, Still Game, W1A, Count Arthur Strong.

Have to think some more but there's not much more.

Certainly not there mainstream crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to agree with what's already been posted. Anything with lord Dickie in and the music documentaries as superb. Was a great 3 part docu on Nile Rogers recently. If there was a separate subscription only Ch for stuff like that I would happily pay. The news and current affairs can fuck off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Separate out the news and current affairs department which mostly insults our intelligence with state propaganda, and the unique way our BBC is funded by imprisoning low income single parents and others that want to watch other channels with no interest in their stuff...and it's possible to damn them with some faint praise.

Even some genuine respect.

They DO make things nobody else would.

BBC4 music documentaries.

Quietly brilliant comedy, like Detectorists, Quacks, Still Game, W1A, Count Arthur Strong.

Have to think some more but there's not much more.

Certainly not there mainstream crap.

I'm with you on most of that.  But the old man watches Gardners World quite a bit and they are still a bit pushy on climate/diversiteh for my money.

Same with TMS, though that is still a lot of fun when the cricket is on.

Which is handy as  the old man is 84, so we don't pay them a tuppenny fucking groat anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I was expecting Weinstein with baby gorillas.

I'm sure he's had a few chimps toss him off to at some point.

He molests dolphins too

:wanker:

 

Edit. I made those facts up 😀

Edited by the gardener

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched it,  the deep sea scares me. Good TV nonetheless, and a hat-tip to Louis Theroux on BBC2 afterwards. One overriding thought I have with Attenborough nowadays is when he karks it, who will the So-Called BBC choose to replace him? Someone completely inappropriate, here are my ideas:

- Idris "never off the TV" Elba (black, working class, down with the yoof)

- Benedict Cumbmeremamsdssds (privileged patronising leftie, so it's okay. I think he's already done some nature voiceovers)

- Token lesbian/tranny/crossdresser like Grayson Perry.

Any other suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't really expect a naturalist to like Donald Trump.

I quite like his voice. 

For the rest of it, yeah ok, fair points, but then I wouldn't be interested in his opinion on Brexit or politics anyway. It's part of the stupidity of humans that a famous naturalist and presenter should be asked about that as if his opinion on the subject was important. Why not ask David Beckham or Joe Root?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I watched it,  the deep sea scares me. Good TV nonetheless, and a hat-tip to Louis Theroux on BBC2 afterwards. One overriding thought I have with Attenborough nowadays is when he karks it, who will the So-Called BBC choose to replace him? Someone completely inappropriate, here are my ideas:

- Idris "never off the TV" Elba (black, working class, down with the yoof)

- Benedict Cumbmeremamsdssds (privileged patronising leftie, so it's okay. I think he's already done some nature voiceovers)

- Token lesbian/tranny/crossdresser like Grayson Perry.

Any other suggestions?

The lefty celebs, lefty celeb, Sue Perkins.

They'll have to be quick though, she's snowed under with fucking Barclaycard ads right now.

Piss off Perkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Can't really expect a naturalist to like Donald Trump.

I quite like his voice. 

For the rest of it, yeah ok, fair points, but then I wouldn't be interested in his opinion on Brexit or politics anyway. It's part of the stupidity of humans that a famous naturalist and presenter should be asked about that as if his opinion on the subject was important. Why not ask David Beckham or Joe Root?

 

You're not, because your brain is working, and the critical thought dept is still open for bizniz.

Try that with the remaining 80% of the country.

He's seen as a national treasure  so he cuts through well enough.

The deep sea fascinates me too, but these progs will still  get made when he karks it.

"karks" , love that word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Packham. He would be like England's neurologically atypical version of Aussie cunt, Steve Irwin. The difference being whereas Irwin always enjoyed antagonising his animals, Packham would enjoy tasting their juices and commenting on their intensity.

I would watch that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the gardener said:

Attenborough is a cunt. I won't watch anything that has anything to do with him.

Although I don't watch his programs as I think he's a cunt, I suspect he flies around the world sticking cameras and microphones into delicate remote habitats, and then lectures me about how my behaviour is destroying them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the gardener said:

He's an elitist cunt who has been sucking on the teat of the So-Called BBC for over six decades. Of course it's no surprise he thinks the licence fee is wonderful.

He also thinks that the people of the UK are too stupid to make decisions. No prizes for guessing his stance on the EU referendum. He believes that our MPs should make such important decisions for us since we are so dumb.

He advocates the assassination of Donald Trump and said so in an interview with the Radio Times.

In short he's a patriarchal cunt.

Oh, and he has a fucking irritating voice/delivery. If I watched his programs it would have to be on mute.

 

In France we get Blue Planet 2 (only they call it Bleu Planete Deux on account of the metric system) but with a French cunt (or con) doing the voice-over, in Germany they get a German cunt and I'm not sure they even use Sir Dave in the USA as they can't understand him.

You can replace Attenborough with any cunt you fancy, just as long as the person doing the voice over is a cunt, that's the only job requirement. Cumberbatch would be excellent, although he's a two-faced tosser, not a cunt, but it is close enough.

He has got an irritating delivery though and is well passed his prime for doing TV programmes.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

 a hat-tip to Louis Theroux on BBC2 afterwards

So how do you feel about watching the So Called BBC?

Edited by davidg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

I watched it,  the deep sea scares me. Good TV nonetheless, and a hat-tip to Louis Theroux on BBC2 afterwards. One overriding thought I have with Attenborough nowadays is when he karks it, who will the So-Called BBC choose to replace him? Someone completely inappropriate, here are my ideas:

- Idris "never off the TV" Elba (black, working class, down with the yoof)

- Benedict Cumbmeremamsdssds (privileged patronising leftie, so it's okay. I think he's already done some nature voiceovers)

- Token lesbian/tranny/crossdresser like Grayson Perry.

Any other suggestions?

Aspergers Chris Packham or Bill Oddy probably tick enough boxes. It won't be David Bellamy. He's been black balled due to MMGW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have quite enjoyed Gunpowder though as usual the writers missed most of the historical nuances. For example, Guy Fawkes was not only a Catholic but also an English nationalist who hated James I and the Scottish cronies he brought south of the border with him. His dislike of Scots had as much to do with him joining the plot as did religion but that fact almost never mentioned in traditional accounts of the conspiracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Generation Game said:

Aspergers Chris Packham or Bill Oddy probably tick enough boxes. It won't be David Bellamy. He's been black balled due to MMGW. 

Bellamy was always ready to air different pragmatic ideas, I liked him. I remember him being in favour of pheasant shooting, like me he found it f*cking stupid but recognised that a significant amount of wildlife habitat was maintained in the UK for twats to blast semi-tame birds for a few days a year, he found that preferable to the woodlands being ploughed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Aspergers Chris Packham or Bill Oddy probably tick enough boxes. It won't be David Bellamy. He's been black balled due to MMGW. 

I assumed that David Bellamy had died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.